More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Feeling nostalgic, now......... growin up in SF when i did, my mom would shoo us outside to play. She'd say "it's a beautiful day, go outside." (It coulda been raining and she would say that.) The rule was to be home before the streetlights went on. I was usually at Ocean Beach, but would travel all over The City. As young as 8 years old. I would ride my bike over the Golden Gate Bridge and go to the flea market in Sausalito. Never told my parents where i'd been. (They prob didn't always wanna know, lol.) For a coupla years, my crew and I would break in to the SF Zoo by climbing the fence where the water buffalo lived. We'd dart from tree to tree thru it's pen and get to the zoo and just drink beer and watch the animals sleep. (The ones who weren't housed at night.) We had no idea til much later how dangerous water buffalos are. This one was well fed and lazy. Kids today growin up in The City seemingly can't do any of the stuff i got to do, and if a group of teens were caught in the zoo at night, there'd be arrests, i'm pretty sure. Oh well. That thing about You Can't Go Home (Frost?) is true for me, cuz home doesn't exist anymore and my City is completely different.
Crew dedicate this '70's spunky track to seeds...all are hooked on yer embarrassing forum.
tbb can vouch that this was an Official Top 10 Embarrassing song of the era. (That's good right!)
Mushed up all the Macho Men's moustaches.
{Warning!}
Song may still hold appeal with today's sensitive new age millennial audience...being serious!
Nice TBB. Don’t mind that at all. Made (re)famous by Toyota. It actually gets a run a bit on a commercial radio station here.
Great story Wax24.
Blackers good to here there are some drive ins going
Ha ha i think ive seen it, but i cant remember it.
Another cheesy classic, a mate knew every lyric it was impressive.
holiday.
it's one of the great pop songs of all time.
wax...have you read Rachel Kushner's "the hard crowd"? the story of her teen years in SF.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/01/18/the-hard-crowd
Great track TB above and way cool story Wax. My good mate here is from Silcon Valley/San Jose but moved to Santa Cruz. Full Cali surf grom to this day.
Here's an oldy that I rarely skip when it comes on-
Chopper reviews Neville Bartos' CD collection.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ain't no coming back from this...surefire way to blow yer cred!
{ Death 2 Disco } Spent a lifetime tryin' to argue this shit hot dance tune is not Disco.
Big Fat Liar...busted! ( tbb will load both Trippy dance Vidz as YouTube keeps blanking this track.)
Nice TBB. I love it. Spotted Rosie Perez in that first one
Not just for the music
Hey Zen. San Jose in the 70s and 80s (and a century leading up to that) was a farming community. Fruits and vegatables. Prunes, apricots, grapes, hops, avocados..... it was mostly orchards. It was a little surreal to watch it become Silicon Valley. Now, it is larger and more populated than The City.
Thanx for the link Chook. I didn't have time to check it out last nite but just did. I wonder if the world is getting worse or memories just select toward the gentle?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
On that note..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I’ve always liked that one Sheepdog
Yeah its corny but heart stirring. The aussie version imo is "my island home" by warumpi band. But I'm in no way "embarrassed" saying I love that song
Ha classic that’s on my YouTube drinking favourites list too. Legend
First song i remember liking as a kid, played it non stop.
First time I've listened too it in forever, there is actually some nice little lead licks from Ace, not over done.
I actually dug the b side to that
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This Aussie band mixes Tang with bubbles to conjure up a gooey schweppervescence sound.
tbb don't care...tastes great & sounds quite tingly as well...crew will get all up ended with this track!
That is quite the cocktail and truly embarrassing TBB
What about this beauty
Technically a great song hahahahahaha... Try singing it. It's bloody hard
Singing any song is technically and socially unacceptable if I’m singing
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Reminds me of solo travels in the Republic. Every night at a local with all my new friends for the night. I wish Aussie pubs were as socially and communally connective in the evening as it is over there.
I'm an old dude. Seeds. Aussie pubs used to be great. But. Pokies and the death of live music, noise complaints, prices, banning of smoking and violence have sterilised aussie pubs
I’m hearing ya. Over there local boys come to play for a couple of pints and all generations come along. I got to say I’m talking 1999. Know idea about now. Hope it’s still the same. Loved the lock ins on a Sunday with a couple of QLD Irish mates who were living in Waterford. Everything closes for religious reasons. Mates said don’t worry. Knock on the door. We get let in and the place is packed. Lot of these joints are basements and 400 years old and there isn’t a window to speak of. No idea of the time of day or night when you’re in there
Driving home tonight and this came on. Remembered to chuck this one up.
Agree with most of that but the banning of smoking has been a huge positive.
It's so much better now waking the next morning and not stinking of stale cigarette smoke, and as a non smoker all the passive smoke couldn't have been good.
Maybe this one isn't overly daggy as such not exactly top 40, but just not a band id otherwise get into, but i really love this song for some reason.
That's not an embarrassing song Indo...this one is pretty embarrassing with a very cheesy video
Ha ha yeah that one is, but thats another song i do love, just love her voice.
I didn't realise i love so much daggy music, although ive got nothing on Zen :D
Argh here's another now this is proper.
You can get away with liking their peak period stuff especially if you mention Brian Wilson and Pet Sounds, blah blah blah, im a cool hipster, but washed up late 80s beach boys is total cringe, yet i still cant help but like it.
That reminds me of one of Tom Cruises best movies, cant remember the name but he was a trickster bar tender with Brian something, the Aussie actor. Its in that video clip a few times, but cant think of the name.
I even bought the soundtrack, it was all time.
Cocktail
That's the one and its Brian Brown i think.
Here's another embarrassing one:
mystery Girl
Nessun Dorma
Any history Mick behind why you like those? Especially Luciano
Good choice Mick.
Check this doco out Seeds. It’s brilliant. Saw it on the big screen. A great insight to a monumental concert event.
“Three Tenors - From Caracalla to the World”
Might of been called “Three Tenors. Voices for Eternity”. Anyway, same concert documented. Incredible.
Not really anything that would interest anyone here I think.
Hope you enjoyed them.
Heard this blasting out of the comms tent at an mtb event last weekend, definitely an embarrassing fav, this one
I want to confess….
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Still a catchy tune.