More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
I don't see any red boards , where's our guy stu at ?
Just got here this morning. Tide still a touch low, offshore not quite blowing yet, but some big sets breaking down the reef. Heading out on the OI flextail shortly.
Enjoy, Stu!
I.B. How did the Keogh Ride on those Fast Walls ?
Like a Cadillac. No, as smooth, but so precise too. A bit over gunned, but loving it.
Wash your Mouth out
Like a Zenvo .
:-]
No sign of Kiwis. Great size and direction but inconsistent at times.
Surfed for four hours, had to slow down, often spellbound as those things roared down from Moneytrees. Photos and video don't do justice.
Few broken boards and a broken ankle - younger guy that just came in on the boat today.
How was the crowd?
Not bad but also not helped by inconsistency. Paddled out with 5 in the water maybe maxed out around 30?
Sounds ok.
Rest up for tomorrow!
Heck! How do you break an ankle surfing?
^gold
- that’s why burlz has been layin low
First light sesh this morning was good. Big sets. Light crowd down the reef but I surfed up MT often only person around. Big takeoffs. Land breeze started throwing some chatter up the face. Snapped leggy and had a fun time trying to get in, got tickled coming across the reef at Speedies. Ate heaps of pancakes.
Long wait now for tide. Gudang pack is open in front of me, looks like a mouth calling out.
haha, choice, @stu bro.. hope you have wotds, and other commits pre-done and on auto.. kiwi inundation, yet?
All teed up though slightly rushed so don't negatively judge image choice or caption the next few days.
No sign of our Kiwi bros. Lots of Aussies, and from all over, two Latino hombres, two bruddas from Guam, and one Al Cleland-style Mexican who keeps pronouncing Joyos as Hoyos.
What Shapes / Brands of Boards are you Seeing Stu
Is O.I. Flextail getting Looked over and Felt Up ?
All sorts. Fella broke a beautiful Marty Littlewood 4 channel with glass ins yesterday. Few Matt Manners, MCs, and even an unreal Lopez made under license. If I had to say then the most I'm seeing are D sticks - Dylan L. Surfers from all over riding them.
He's staying up at Bobby's and got a few good ones yesty.
Bit of interest in the OI. Lotta crew have a soft spot for Mitchell, maybe owned one in the past, so it's copping a few comments and the off rub up.
Did you paddle out up the keyhole this morning?
Would have been a few arse quivering moments.
Nah, boat.
Don't judge me.
Ohhh ok….
If I lower my eyes when I see you later this week you know why.
Lankys requesting Stu nets G land trivia ......
Let’s do it Lanky
Sorry Stu...you're judged.
Boat baby....
Full tilt session off the Ledge this arvy, bommie breaking, not quite enough tide for Speedies but deluxe waves coming through MT.
Saw one of the Kiwis guys, Neil, heading down towards Chickens for a surf. I hope he got a few.
^ sounds as birdwatching as @AW ; )
fargl, if we getting Padang pics from the Bark Bros, we need some G-Land trivia Stu pics!
We kiwis are staying at jawa jiwa. Yesterday was out of my league today also. The birthday boy got some bombs today and a few others went out to have a dig but holy shit it's been heaving. Surfing the wave pool once a week after being out of the water for over a year with torn patella is not the ideal lead in to this swell. Respect to all that are charging it. I surfed tiger tracks with my grom and soon realized how unfit and out of tune I am. Probably would have been flogged within an inch of my life copping some of those dredging runners at Moneytrees. Like they say ' if ya wanna dance ya gotta pay the band" fuk the band i ain't dancing , not yet any way. Still got 8 days so will strike a blow when I know im not going to drown.
Ha ha...the birthday boy got a smoker right off my shoulder seconds after telling me the story of slipping over in the lagoon and getting a hole in his deck. Neil? Dolts? Cant remember names. Fun times but.
Dean is his name. Dudes an old battle axe. More scar tissue holding his carcass together than anything else.
That deck in a NZ accent ;p
compelling writing! hope you get some days, kudos for knowing what's what..
How's there water temp there right now?
Last time I was there in Oct it was freezing.
Looks a little chilled as always, maybe around 25°C.. That's the 26°C contour circling the region.
You poor spoilt bastards having to endure sub 26-degree water temps. You must need a 4/3 for that.
Water’s pretty toasty on Bali. Boardies only.
Pack plenty of boards!
I'm.in boardies and long sleeve and am cooking.
How’s Jawa Jiwa? Nice place?
Waters warm. Only boardies needed if you don't want reef or sun protection. Solid again this morning. Surfed real early on a shorter board, caught inside before I got one, lost my board, flogged coming across Speedies. No sign of board in lagoon. Ran up towards Bobby's thinking maybe went straight in. Kiwi bros at Jawa Jiwa were sipping tea and told me my board went the other way. Ran to boat channel, no sign if it, kept going, few locals having a fire in the shade signalled to stop. Five minutes later boat came up from 20/20s. Smiling fisho with my board. Need to go back and pay him now.
Feet are a mess. Gonna head up to Jawa Jiwa say g'day then wait for late sesh.
Jeez another board gone and rinsing ;p Glad you got it back!
U buying Cheap Leggies Stuart.....Jeezus
Hope you have better luck Stu.
Speaking of leggies, Drifter has Staycovered hand tied leggies (best I’ve ever had) at ok price, same as on US website. Will stock up
this is so cool, having winter updates and anecdotes from ANZ crew in java, bali, and sumatra.. and tom de souza back, having cracked the storytelling nut in sumba..
How's your feet stu ?
Lankys gland trivia
Which pro surfer would ride with booties clipped to his shorts .
Scraped his fins at low tide gland ?
Question 2
Which pro surfer has a section named after them ?
Question 3
Which pro surfers child was born when they were in the lineup. competing in the gland pro?