More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Is your server handling the incoming emails ? I can see why you wouldn’t advertise your phone number , crikey it would be ringing off the hook . It’s kinda strange you can’t find 3 surf starved seppo’s . So your appointed place and time has appointed swell ? Awesome dude
It is a quote from a rock n roll song.
An extremely commonly known rock n roll song.
People do not say 'half-caste' or 'mulatto' any more,
unless they are making a point about olden-days thinking.
Like 'retard'.
Is that John Seaton Callahan esquire or John Seaton Callahan the Third
Yeah right JC. You’re a fake and you know it.
If you’re not fake, why all the incessant dribble and self promotion. You’re not incarcerated by any chance or in some type of institution, ‘counting cockroaches on the walls and hoping you can call your daddy to stop it all’. Common People.
Every time we Google JC we get the same reply, John Calhoun.
I don’t know why maybe it’s AI .
How would you know if I’m using my own name or not ?
You’ve implied that even the owners of Swellnet offer up drivel as they to use a different name than their real name for obvious business circumstances.
As you’re now pestering us, does this mean you’ve also applied the same rationale to myriad other surf websites across the globe ?
How’s the uptake by punters on those websites?
Fake nails being worn by a fake surf travel business person offering a fake surf trip. Also, I’m pretty sure us Australians know way more than you ever will about our First Nations people. Or did you just Google that as well ? AW
What do I get from planning and producing a project like this?
I hope to use my extensive knowledge and experience in finding, surfing and documenting new surfing locations worldwide for the benefit and stoke of others, namely the surfers who participate in the projects and the locals on site, who may benefit from a gradual increase in foreign visitors who then pay for accommodation, food, beverages and services, thus bringing income to a community where previously there was nothing.
If everything goes well for this project, I hope to be positioning my drone over an empty lineup of two-meter lefthanders, offshore on the prevailing SE wind, as the three brave surfers who signed up for the project and paid the USD $3k fee position themselves for the first waves of a three-hour session, during which they ride some of the best waves of their lives with no one in the water except the surfEXPLORE group.
Years from now, they can tell people in the carpark "Yeah, I was with Callahan on that first trip, we got great waves with no one around. People thought it was a hoax, but it wasn't - so glad I ignored the idiots and naysayers and made that trip!".
Sound good?
Great, let's make the plans and go -
do you take crypto?
Is your server handling the incoming emails ? I can see why you wouldn’t advertise your phone number , crikey it would be ringing off the hook . It’s kinda strange you can’t find 3 surf starved seppo’s . So your appointed place and time has appointed swell ? Awesome dude[/quote]
I have lived in Singapore for 24 years - not many "Seppos" here.
You can message me on Facebook if you like, there is only one "John Seaton Callahan"
But don't bother unless you are serious about committing to this Indonesia surfing project and need instructions on how to make the USD $1500 deposit.
Thanks!
Have you thought about doing a raffle for the 3 spots ? With your unique salesmanship, you would smash the $9000 USD that you’re chasing .
love yer work big fella.. I'm a goof, can't wait for the big reveal and drone footage. Betcha its been surfed by a secret squirrel crew, like in Algeria.
yeh, 'Calhoun' I believe @AW.. he just used the pseudo-handle 'Callahanalan' or whatever here to keep a low profile ; )
(dude's legit @SF. spent his inheritance, steadily ostracised himself from colleagues, and the tall poppy is now spruiking a trip on a hunch and in full knowledge of a surf break that people have already surfed so he can piss on the beach and claim it as his [he thinks he's cracked google earth, not just looking for white peaks, but frowning and nodding cleverly at bathymetry while having local prevailing swell direction written on a piece of paper.. same as everyone]. Gotta admire the dying breed of great white hunter.. they don't need humility, self deprecation or social capital. They don't even need gratitude or the art of winning folk over. They just turn up to the geographic society raffles dinner in their safari suit and whack down an endangered animal carcass and wait for the room to inhale in appreciative admiration).
I'll put someone else's money where my mouth is and guess the location. J(S)C seems like a good bloke so i'm sure he will let us know if I get it right...I reckon with our powers combined we can get very close relatively easily.
Given you live in Singapore the Indo-world is your oyster! You are merely a short flight to anywhere - Padang, Port Blair, Palau, Pitu. Being 70, I doubt it is anywhere too remote cos you would want easy access to your creature comforts (like other 70 year old ex pats) and maximise your profits from selling out. That rules out Nicobar/Andaman Islands (although i reckon you have been to North Sentinel Island spruiking your book).
So a cheap losmen arrangement on a nearby "mainland" island with a solitary left hand pointbreak/reefbreak that breaks into a SE tradewind, near an abundance of beachbreaks that work in similar/more marginal conditions nice. Let's say Sumatra.
Now, East or West? Central is dominated by Mentawai/Nias/Hinakos. Aceh in the north is a possibility but too well known after appearing in IndoSurf and Lingo some 30+ years ago. South Sumatra is a possibility but not Krui (too many Colonialists). There's gotta be a reason why people don't access it, and JC has "negotiated" access to it by crossing an official's palm with gold, perhaps. It may be in a National Park! But not Plengkung....
How bout it! JC's very own G-Land! You can name it JC-Land! Bill Boyum and Bob Laverty would be so proud of you!
I reckon ive got it in <5 mins.
Cancel my book order JC, i'm gunna be offline for the whole of August!
;)
Gents , the man has done the miles.
He's organized trips to far flung Island all over the place.
Years deep.
Sounds like an adventure.
Best of luck John.
We all wanted to like the guy, @Lanky. We tried really hard. Still trying. I don't understand why it isn't working. I've wished him luck half a dozen times. But it's just too much like Surf Ads II or Courtney or Constance..
If @john.calhoun is real, he's a rare beast to us Aussies.. and he's right, we squash his type into humility here in Aus. Let me explain in Calhoun terms:
we don't 'punch down' in Aus.. if we have elevated opportunity due to economic circumstances, intellect, etc. we don't mock those who are less fortunate. Rule 1 in Aussie comedy. And in the minds of the socially intelligent.
Calhoun is certainly not someone any of us should mock. We are higher on many ladders that the poor fellow. But here's the thing.. he THINKS he's higher..
it is astonishing, to have someone like Calhoun be condescending to us. So laughable, that you can't help but knock the poor feller's hat of and watch him react.
But totally. Once again, good luck. I GENUINELY hope @john.calhoun's idea works. I really do.
I think you might have nailed it.
P.s my bro and his mates have had a spot in krui since 95........qs there now !
Definitely found lol
I’m not buying it , sounds like a scam , if he’s so famous and successful then people would surely be knocking on his door begging at the opportunity and there wouldn’t be a need to go to swellnet to peddle his snake oil .
Sigh -
If anyone is serious about joining the project to surf New Waves in peak-season Indian Ocean Indonesia you can message me on Facebook at "John Seaton Callahan" - there is only one.
We will have to be Facebook fwenz before I can send you the invitation to join the private Facebook group anyway.
As for the facetious and derogatory comments questioning my personal integrity, spare me - rather a waste of time.
haha, sorry mate, are we wearing thin and annoying you?
As it is clear some of y'all do not believe I know what I am doing, that I am fake or running a scam, etc -
Take a look at this three-minute video from a project in Pacific Indonesia in February, 2024.
We were the first group of surfers EVER to stay in the village on this island. The village is very isolated with no roads and no vehicles of any type, access is by boat only so the Headman knows when they have visitors -
Four distinct waves at the Rivermouth and Point setup and the left and right at the reef, which is 5 kilometres away by boat.
Martin Daly sent several nasty messages on Instagram asking which of his customers had violated the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) he makes his guests sign for the West Papua area - I told him none of them, this is not West Papua.
At first, he refused to believe it, insisting it was here or there, naming several locations.
I said it was not, and he eventually agreed - I don't think he knows where it is to this day.
What kind of accommodation and meals ect. Would we be getting for our US$3000?
There you go..! Finally an engaging tale from @john.calhoun..
(just try to do it with a less braggart shit-doesn't-stink tone)
Tell us more, Unky Calhoun, surfers love nothing more than a good surf yarn..
A typically arrogant unlikeable American living in Singapore fishing for cash deposits into his bank account piggybacking on someone else's website and business, that's all I see here.
Try that on Surfline or Stab and see how you go John.
Taking advantage of kind and tolerant @thermalben to put cash in your bank to pay for your next surf trip and your "research", while you slag off Australians as "convicts" and extol the virtues of the homicidal, genocidal Zionist regime in Israel. Not the flex you think it is John.
I'd say that takes some balls but really it's more gall than balls.
I would advise Ben to fuck you right off pal, when you disappear with punter's cash he may be on the hook if someone seeks redress for allowing you to spruik your shit on his website.
Or pay for a legitimate advertisement for your product John, provide legitimate details of your bona fides that can be verified and an avenue for redress if your product fails to eventuate, like an Australian ABN, and Australian bank accounts, and not some facebook page. You are attempting to operate in Australia as a travel agent or tour operator and as such you are subject to Australian Consumer Law and obligations therein in relation to misleading or deceptive conduct, false or misleading statements, accurate pricing, fair contract terms, refunds and supply of services. You are also under obligations in relation to Industry-Specific Regulations and Codes like the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) Code of Ethics or the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO) Code of Ethics, as well as other Australian Laws such as the Privacy Act 1988, the Spam Act 2003, the Fair Trading Act 1989 or similar laws depending on the resident State of the consumer and certain licensing requirements depending on which State the consumer resides.
Do you comply with these requirements John?
Any of them ??
No is my guess.
You are just a cowboy cash up maybe con artist as far as I can tell.
Fuck him off Ben is my advice.
The site says 'a real life Alone experience, build your own twig shelter, forage for ferns and seaweed, and carry large amounts of camera equipment.'
.
Yawn.
Find something else to do with your time, thanks -
Supposed to be accommodation onsite, if not suitable; there are several Indo-style places nearby.
Not a "luxury" surf trip, contact Ross Philips at Tropic Surf if that is what you are interested in -
Like an August Indo trip! I'd kick in a bit to crowdfund @adam12 having a surfEXPO experience.. sounds like the G-Land crew are having a horrible time, the camaraderie, the chuckles.. how much cooler to be camped under a bush near a maybe wave with Johnny? And imagine the hike back if it is GOOD! Listening to Calhoun saying I told you so in the swelter to paying customers who went with him because they believed in him.
“ Find something else to do with your time “
- take your own advice calhoun ;)
Not Interested in a "luxury" surf trip just wondering why we will be paying Luxury prices for basic accommodation, sounds like you are having trouble to find people to go with you, why not it just be at the cost price of what the basic accom and food and transport ect. is going to be, Are you interested in the adventure and the possibility of scoring uncrowded waves with 3 others or more about profiting from it?
You said
"Yawn. Find something else to do with your time, thanks"
Maybe I will John, maybe I'll spend some time compiling your posts here and details and pass them on to the relevant authorities here, or maybe Singapore. You are operating as an unlicensed tour operator in their jurisdiction, just a quick google and voila....
"In Singapore, consumer protection laws are in place to safeguard against unlicensed tour operators. The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) takes a serious view of such operators and enforces penalties. Carrying on the business of a travel agent without a valid license is a serious offense, with potential fines of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment for up to two years. Consumers are advised to verify the license of any travel agent before engaging their services, and to purchase travel insurance as an added precaution. "
Maybe I have lots of time on my hands John,
Yawn eh?
Got your Singaporean license there John?
Care to put up the details?
Hey JC, i'm in, with one condition. You wear a muzzle and don't fucking talk the entire trip.
Can you just raise a gofundme or something?
Take your opportunity elsewhere.
@adam12 raises some excellent points
- it’s a no yawn from me!
& a massive farkn yawn for the seppo dickhead trying to spruik his shit and crying foul of attacks on ‘integrity’ whilst waving a zionist flag FFS ;);)
Pls fuck right off calhoun
“…for the benefit and stoke of others” ;)
Search of Singapore Tourism (TRUST) data base travel agent directory licenses under "John Seaton Callahan" / "Surf Explore Group"...."no results found".
Oh dear!
Yawn.
Hmmmmm.
How much time do I have?
Plenty.
haha, I'm one of the fun ones, @john.calhoun.. now you have poked the big bears.
Years from now, they can tell people in the carpark "Yeah, I was with Callahan on that first trip, we got great waves with no one around. People thought it was a hoax, but it wasn't - so glad I ignored the idiots and naysayers and made that trip!".
I cannot believe how far your head is up your arse, ooh, that faecal aroma, ‘Only A Surfer Knows The Feeling’. Phew. AW
;)
…evewybody needs fwends
(just ummm $end money …not fake at all …mate)
Just to make it clear to you John, I'm not going to get involved in your unlicensed activities or notifying any authorities, I haven't suffered any loss and it is not my way, or the Australian way, to "dob" in people.
I wish you only the best with both your trip and your book.
Just don't come on this site and bad mouth, firstly Craig who although I've never met him, is an important and valued guy to me and many of us here, or Australians in general. The unspoken rule amongst us all is that we can have a go at each other, and do, no worries about that, but when an American or anyone else starts up with the "bunch of feral convicts" bullshit we "circle the wagons" as you Americans say and tend to take offense, as you have witnessed here lately.
I like Americans, half my family lives in San Diego, we have great seppos that contribute here, @Wax24 and @Mick66 come to mind.
Be like them John.
And don't worry, I won't be fucking with you or your business, I've seen some of your work and it's great.
Just don't piss me off, and maybe hit up Swellnet with some cash if you fill your trip from Ben's website and forums.
That would be nice.
As you Americans say, have a nice day John.
(And maybe pay the STB for a license, it's cheap from what I can see, and may save you some shit if anything goes tits up on your trip)
We forgive you calhoun ;)
…& actually, while we’re on that train
- god bless you and god ble$$ america!
… toot toot ;);)
my 20 year old daughter has laughter tears in her eyes from reading Calhoun-Does-Swellnet (we're at Spargos again @mattlock) - it is just too cruel.. I'm out. Live and let live. Good luck to you @john.calhoun. I never wish anything but good for my fellow monkeys. May the road rise up to meet you, Brother Calhoun.
paid the USD $3k fee position themselves for the first waves of a three-hour session, during which they ride some of the best waves of their lives with no one in the water except the surfEXPLORE group
Hi John
I've positioned myself for the first waves in which I rode some of the best waves of my life over a 3hr then a 4hr on the same day with no one in water except me and my mate.
I didn't have to pay and I didn't leave the state.
Me and old mate were so trashed we watched it brake empty for the next two days till we ran out of pot.
Now that the time-wasters have filled the site with their drivel and threats -
Anyone who would like to make a surf trip to Indonesia to surf uncrowded Indian Ocean waves in peak season, get in touch for all the details.
Deposit is USD $1500, that gets you access to the private Facebook group with all the information on the location, the balance of USD $1500 is due on arrival at CGK in Jakarta.
Serious inquiries only, no need to waste your time on disparaging comments or bitter personal attacks - not interested.
If you have any doubts as to if I have made similar productions previously, you can go here - 6000 pages of published editorial materials from every leading surfing publication worldwide.
surfEXPLORE on flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/surfexplore/albums/
time wasters from who's perspective?
Jebus you've got thick skin JC.
This is the best thread in ages.
My face is sore from laughing
…fark
;)
;);)
@basesix,
Aaah,I wouldn't worry about him.
Some seppos just don't do self reflection, only self promotion.
Now, I have a question for you @base. How's the meal at Spargo's? Nah, that wasn't it.
A little bird (watcher) we both know, currently gorging Lance's with @Supaman told me that you and I share something.
So my question is this, how many of these can you identify with...
"Ad"."Ads" "Addie" "Adsi" "Addles" "Adam and Eve" "The Adam's Family" "Adam Ant"("He's a Dandy Highwayman!") "Ad Rock" "Adman", there's more, can't think of them atm.
Any sound familiar?
Clothes optional ?
Adonis
*sigh* yes.. you bastard.. I was indeed Christened 'Andromeda'. Andromeda Diogenes Frucadelio.. tell your little bird to pass on my email to you.. be good to call in next time I'm passing through, got a couple pressies I've been saving, I'll stay at the Big4.. maybe we can wander down to the bridge night (wednesday?) and seduce a couple of broads with our wiles and charm..
My father owned a music shop in Gawler Place.. named me after it ; )
@Base,
Haha, Knew you would relate to all that. I'll do that re email, that would be good to catch up and hope those pressies are what I'm thinking they are, may be able to get old mate @Popdown to pop down and @AW too, make it a party! Leave it with me! (And I have a spare room so you needn't pay the Big4 if you don't want, or if you do I've got one right across the road, it's got a heated pool too.)