More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
shit mate, no probs, be awesome to catch up.
pass on my goodies to craigos.. man, I'd love to have an awkward convo with that silver fox one day..
Do you give a money back guarantee if the 3 blind mice don’t score waves ? How about making the offer more tempting by throwing in a set of steak knives .
Pay me $3,000 USD so i can take photos of you through a potato. 2025 prices for a 1995 experience.
What about travellers cheques?
Mista John Mista John I lost all my travellers cheques!!
No one will watch this…
Now it sounds like you’re spruiking your OnlyFans.
SendNoods Johnnyboi
SRI LANKA?
Funny you should mention that B6 - I’ve been working away over the last couple of years putting together the virtual tour of a lifetime - CRICsurfODYSSEY.
It’s based on my extensive experience of being an insufferable cnut. My wife and closest friends can attest to my credentials in this area.
Just send me $10000 and I’ll give you more details. And nudes.
$$ [^_^] $$
Hahahaha
Ok, we have 2x surfers to make this trip - one from France and one from Spain (Catalonia)
We are going to fix the dates soon, so let me know if you can commit at USD $3k -
Message me at <thesurfexploregroup@gmail.com> if interested - thanks!
I hope the guys going score , sincerely mean that . Look forward to the reviews on how it all goes .
(your frenchy ain't Erwan throwing you a bone is it?) I would 100% contribute (haha, oxymoron anyone?) to a gofundme for @dandandan or @freeride76 to hoof along.. you start the crowdfund, we'll kick in @john.calhoun.. see if we reach the USD$1500, so you can give them details. proper journo/ proper academic along for the EXperience.. imagine the exposure. And nudes.
No, a different French surfer - but they are all available in August though, as no one works in France for the entire month.
I would be stoked if Steve were available, although I heard he has not gone left for 12 years or something like that, with all those convenient northern NSW right points and all.
I'm sure he could do a great text piece, perhaps Stu can kick in the USD $3k to send him in acknowledgement of all the extra server traffic, higher advertising revenue, etc.
Just think of the server traffic when the story appears EXCLUSIVELY on Swellnet:
"Freeride76 goes on an EPIC Indonesian Surf Trip with The World's Most Obnoxious Seppo"
Spoiler alert: He actually knows what he's talking about.
Let's do it!
Beats me why you’re struggling to get punters on your guaranteed wave expo , with your reputation, you would think punters would be banging on the door.
2 (two) good gets so far punter-wise, especially as they are from places without tall poppy culture..
The frenchy and the spaniard will no doubt love listening to calhoun explain big-picture things to them. Not tall poppy syndrome countries, they are just post-revolutionary countries that have no respect for people holding themselves above others. or punching down.
as @john.calhoun says 'doesn't the USA do everything bigger and better than europe?'.
Yes, you would think so!
Look at how many of youse stepped up with your USD $3k and signed up - 0 (zero)
Meanwhile, punters keep paying the same amount of money to go the Mentawai, Laki Peak, or North Malé atoll, where you can share your hard-earned surf holiday with hundreds of your new best friends -
No interest from US punters?
This you?
john.callahan
Wednesday, 28 May 2025 at 12:12pm
It's also a peculiarity of western cultures that an activity like surfing is best done alone or with as few people as possible -
Other cultures, notably in Indonesia and The Philippines, find the white westerners who demand to surf alone to be quite strange, as surfing is a social activity, best done with friends.
Surfers in those countries and others like them, do not regard other people in the water as a negative factor and are far more social in their overall behaviour.
https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2025/05/26/the-surfers-…
Yes - all factual.
Locals in other cultures such as Indonesia and The Philippines do not regard surfing alone, tell no one about your secret spots, etc as the ideal - the ideal is to share waves with your friends, as surfing is a fun thing to do so why would you not want to do that?
Western people have a different mindset and value system that goes back further than the ancient Greeks, a mentality that disdains crowds and insists on room to move without hindrance.
Why do you think so many western surfers complain bitterly about the crowds in Bali and other locations in Indonesia, when the Indonesian surfers do not?
If three Indonesian or Filipino surfers step up to make this surfEXPLORE project at USD $3k each, I am happy to sign them up - until then, it is more likely western surfers will have the time - and the money.
I have plenty of indo friends that complain about the crowds, particularly those that shouldn’t be out there as it’s way above their skill level . Have you surfed Keramas lately ? Good luck getting a set wave out there .
How close were you to Sarge? Did you surfEXPLORE with him? I could imagine waking up on this "once in a lifetime" adventure and JC is sucking your toes.
I knew Sarge quite well for a number of years - he was ubiquitous in professional surfing, as a photographer, journalist and for a period of time; the ASP Media Officer, so everyone knew him.
As for the allegations that ended his involvement with professional surfing overnight, they have never been proven so I would rather not go into that area - Fred Pawle wrote a great feature on the sudden disappearance of Sarge from professional surfing, I think it is still available to read online.
No other surfing publication would touch the issue with a bargepole - hence the extraordinary amount of rumours and unproven allegations that have circulated for years.
Fair enough JC, maybe you're not that bad a bloke after all.
Do you ever wonder why his alleged victims never spoke up publicly?
I don't know, but I would expect them to keep silent unless compelled to testify before a court of law - Sarge was never arrested nor charged with any crime relating to the allegations, so no one has anything to gain by talking about them.
The old ASP gave Sarge a break by giving him a set of conditions to abide by, which included never turning up at another ASP sanctioned event and as far as I know, Sarge has not - quite a drastic change of lifestyle for him, after more than a decade of living pro surfing all day, every day.
A friend says he can be found selling prints from his pro surfing glory days at the weekend market in Byron Bay, if anyone wants to stop by and have a chat -
Indonesia is listed as one of The Five Best Places to Surf in August -
Are you ready to commit?
Let me know, USD $3k per pax - arrival airport is CGK Jakarta
https://www.surfer.com/culture/best-places-surf-august
why are you still spruiking for three (3), if you have two (2) from europe already?
.. not coming the raw prawn on swellnet are you, @john.calhoun?
‘extraordinary amount of rumours and allegations that have circulated for years ‘
Unproven allegations doesn’t mean the crimes were not committed .
Come on John, you claim you are man of publications, writing and book publishing, blind Freddy can see right through your aforementioned statement. Losing ya touch pal. Adam12 will be all over you like a fly on a turd. What is that smell ?AW
I can’t believe JC is struggling to find 3 gullible seppo’s .
here's one from an SA Limestone Coast lass for the calhounEXPLORERS..
low self-esteem will put you in Captain Calhoun's Good Book.
Sweet
Kasey always good even though it’s not the genre I usually listen to
Adding another vote to the ban JC from swellnet thanks.
signs point to yes, @dandandan..
https://www.swellnet.com/news/talking-heads/2014/08/01/emiliano-cataldi…
I would like to compete here for this piece of business..... I offer a 3day, 2night surf extravaganza. Ocean Beach, SF, USA. Bring yer own tent. (I don't do 'luxury either.") If ya want more details.... send cash. Bout $900USD will do. The other half if we ever meet. Only 60% of the price of that other feller's safari!
AWs thinking of starting his own tour and to make it more tantalising , he’s offering all the baked beans you can eat . Stay tuned for up coming secret desert destinations .
Wow! Only thousands of dollars to hang out with a 10/10 yank in a remote destination! Hopefully the two surfers that have signed up have poor english skills, or they'll be banging their heads against coconuts after the first flat spell or fashioning a pontoon out of rope, surfboards and empty water bottles to get away!
It’s a confident man that farts with gusto in Asia!!
Methane Man is a machine, he had garlic chicken last night and it had at least 20 cloves of garlic thrown into the mix. Had to politely tell housekeeping not to bother making up the room this morning . I’m making him fast for tomorrow’s 2 leg Bali run .
LETS GO AWAY!
I’d much rather invest in this trip. Always kicked myself for not surfing OB while in SF.
Is this a discussion forum or an advertorial.
$3000US is going to get you a boat trip to the central atolls. You’ll hardly see another boat. You be able to look on a legitimate sight that’ll have insurance, policy’s and procedures.
Just saying Mr Calhoun. Sounds like a scam for $3000 US. Accommodation is suspect and you require a 50% deposit for the most basic of information.
And given your history of engagement on this site, who the fuck do think is going to throw down?
I guess you’re getting the answers.
If Waxxy is making the sangas I'm in.
Confident, I'd go as far to say it's a "status symbol"
Jug, I'd be fashioning a piece of rope from day 1 if I was on a trip with JC but it wouldn't be for a pontoon...
…this yank sounds more interesting, not sure if I agree with the whole ‘process’ - but for entertainment value and a feed - the unparalleled opportunity to bathe in true seppo wonder is actually there ;)
Steak looked tender
The question about US punters remains JC.
Any thoughts on why the seppo market hasn't been putting bums on seats for you?
Genuine question.
I don't think calhoun cares for aussies at all.. certainly not the aussies here (seems to herd peoples into corrals, and make broad statements about them - just like them Dutch do). he's softened a little, but feels like someone bending begrudgingly to a necessary evil. Got @ashsam and @sexxy vibes, but he's been a real payed-up player in the hey-day Grand Ol' Par-teeeeee... yeeeew!
Globally, aside from swellnet, what surf sites provide such googleable forums allowing unfettered, unpaying proselytising..? none in france or spain as far as I know..
Why no brazzos, aussies, seppos, nihonjin jumping to book this looming trainwreck episode? plenny of strong economies with free surfers who like to trot about the planet.. I mean, @john.calhoun is bona fide! hoolio radler say so.. and I wish calhoun all the best, reckon if he can make this work, the guy's pretty dang tenacious, and continuing to embrace new experiences, in the way he does it.. junk yard dog. And I'd enjoy seeing what emerges. Is there a last-minute discount? (or a nek minnit @Jelly discount ; )
is swellnet just an easy web promo site for calhoun in a world where reach is hard outside the bigwig socials?
(I'm in, @wax, but only if you tell us which ocean beach, after we deposit half the tariff..)
- did someone say junkyard dawg!
… & nek minnit ;)
(calhoun’s frothing promise of zionism bark erupts)
Letssssss go ;);)