More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
can't wait for mudhoney.. mixalot's nasal vocals work well, cheers WS. The king of snotty-white-boy-stream-of-consciousness-rap is doseone, adam drucker:
Snotty white boy rap?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
yeh ok, I stand corrected, mike d is the king, doseone is maybe the prince : )
Not questioning your judgement, your comment just brought them to mind is all. Like to think of them all being equals, wigging out together on a big stage somewhere.
nice.. these Adelaide punkers would be there too.. the Packets, Run Swim Cycle... sounds like gremlins doing a beastie's cover about a fitness enthusiast. Who could want more?
https://open.spotify.com/track/6MLqkTnzRNCwT4hPBbUT6j
Probably none into techno on this website but even then, this track is so funky anyone will want to bust a move or get a groove on to this track..around 2001 track i think
I never really got into techno - but never say never... always looking for new tunes. Dipped a toe into hip hop but can't relate much to GANGSTA rappers - Beasty boys are more my style - but even better - Oz rappers have some really good stuff out there. Here's something for a laugh from Butterfingers. Worth sticking with it to the end. See if you can follow the lyrics.
I hate techno with a passion, i hated it when all my friends got into the whole rave scene and dropping E's phase and you would go somewhere for warm up drinks and the chicks would put on all this doof doof.
Some electronic music is okay though but only in moderation and at the right time.
I grew up on old school rap/hip hop so have a soft spot for that genre, although i cant stand Aussie rappers down right cringe, with maybe the exception of The Beastie Boys and Enemin Afro Americans kick arse in this genre.
This is probably my favourite electronic album
I loved that album you sexy boy.
It's a good un. So was this.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
dunno about that one blackers... toni basil and beck in a high school band? actually now I've said that, I get it.
Fair call, not for everyone. Following in the footsteps of Essendon Airport, Melbourne electronic punk at its weirdest. Bass player is the son of Royal Commissioner Frank Costigan. But yeah, Toni Basil and Beck take some speed and put out a record.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
jeezers.. how've I never come across these guys? 30 years before pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows and don't hug me i'm scared... split enz in kindy. mad shit blackers, totally unlistenable. love it.
“I how've I never come across these guys? ….., totally unlistenable.” I think you answered your own question there.
On the topic. Essendon Airport with Anne Cessna on vocals.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I wormholed last night, their '82/83 stuff blew my mind. Only 8 years after Saints and Birdman, playing with junky minimalism loops you could dance to ..and dodgy super 8 filmclips : D
Check it out groundswell... proto-techno:
icandig's Butterfingers track was worth sticking out, what a cool Ween-style switch up. Like watching Dusk Till Dawn... just when it gets a bit boring - bam.
Wow those guys were so ahead of their time.
Wonder if The Avalanches listened to much of them.
Breakfast at Fatboys (Butter fingers album) is well worth a listen - a mash between punchy guitar riffs / a bit of electronic and cheeky hip hop lyrics. Funny you mention Ween. My 18 y/o son is into them. All I remember is the daisy song. I'll have to backtrack. I remember that one Essendon Airport song (Cleopatra) but have no memory of the band - I like that last one posted...ahh...music and surfing...the search never ends.
Dive deeper. A good primer.
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/hindsight/do-that-dance-a…
I'll check it out... here's proto-nihilistic '78-punkers Black Chrome's famous dirge, to put your RN link in context. Lyrically still holds up today. Kinda ties in with the social-media/political threads too. Where will tomorrow's rage-against-the-status-quo-kids come from? Have we lost that? Greta?
icandig, your son might like the les claypool/sean lennon collaboration.. It sounds, well, kinda like a cross between the beatles and primus. My kids dig it.
Great show blackers. Holy cow - Voigt/465. Mr Bungle much?
"..ahh...music and surfing...the search never ends."
Too true. Have been introduced to some great things in the various music threads here on Swellnet. Much nicer vibe than the shouty threads. Keep it coming.
This RN show's a cracker blackers, cheers.. half way through. Compare punk in '77 silly-sydney to '77 boradelaide: (this '77 news clip shows the above posted band 'black chrome' and a legend dj and a dickhead dj from the time)
nice udo, very elvis costello.
for anyone with traffic to battle, here's a warm bath in a bamboo forest:
Good stuff udo, the sound around that scene was great.
Graham Parker sounding heaps like Stephen Cummings and The Sports (or vice versa) which is not a bad thing at all.
Been enjoying ZZ Top these last few weeks.
Great album hey Ben! Their first was great too.
Rio Grande Mud is a fav of mine too (their second), not familiar with ZZ Top's First Album though. Will give it a spin!
First album is imaginatively named ZZ Top’s First Album
Edit. Of course you’re right. I was thinking Tres Hombres was 2nd
Tres Hombres is flawless!
There is a song on Tres Hombres that everyone knows but this isn’t it
So 12-bar... yet... so... good... (urgh...!) feelings.. conflicted...
Nice idea for a wet, flat, onshore easter weekend with the small people though... B2F marathon!
Nothing wrong with that, basesix.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yep.. that's terrific blackers!!
I was just reading some Noise for Heroes zines this arvo from that period.
this guy does kurt cobain's solo from teen spirit!
Haha, Fred goes off.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
AAahhh!..
well there you go.. 'zztop to corpse grinders' presents: 12-bar blues - the great leveler : P
This will do me.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Love it - I appreciate you posting some really interesting stuff blackers.. I bought that wet ones lp on ebay an hour ago.. there's another one still there if anyone dug the song. Just joshing about 12 bars, they're fine i guess, in certain contexts ; )
I quite like how this trashmen song plays with the 12-bar in an unexpected way, going into the chorus.
the Exploding White Mice covered it..
aww WS, I thought you might continue the swell analogy. Damned are touring June, seems to be a year for watching glorious skeletons dance in smallish theatres... stranglers, scientists, mudhoney..
Rub me I'm your blubber boy
2023 Chix Only Resolution Revolution continues with a Wildcard
Pommie Punk Chix "Maid of Ace" (Turn it Up!)
they kill! singer's got some hella dirty fry tones that reminded me of dickless' singer
and hey! another 12-bar segment in song, haha
Get bent<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>