More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Ha ha! You're a classic IB. Three days out before your Euro trip and you just had to go surfing. You coulda just not gone surfing, you know, dodgy hammy and all.
I could picture your missus if you had to get on the plane with crutches.
Alls well that ends well they say I guess.
Good luck Stu- I was six months out when I busted four of mine.
I know. Pretty tragic, but I did approach the madness in a semi-scientific manner. And I did laugh at myself :-) But to my defence, it was 5-6ft, clean, peeling, and empty.
Btw, it still hurts to sit down, and especially to drive.
Ha, that's something I would do IB!
Not Bali but Bela Sulu Villas Mentawais, new airport opens soon
"Are you dreaming of owning a villa and cruising the open waters on a sleek speedboat? Look no further! We have an irresistible offer that combines the best of both worlds. When you purchase a stunning villa through us, you also have the opportunity to acquire an affordable speedboat to complement your lifestyle.
We have a partnership with Morey Marine Speedboat. They can offer a discount starting at 10%, if you reserve a boat through us.
Imagine waking up in your own private sanctuary, basking in the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. As you step outside, you're greeted by the glimmering water and your very own speedboat, patiently awaiting your next adventure. Whether you desire hunting waves, tranquil fishing trips, or leisurely coastal explorations, your new speedboat will be the perfect companion for endless aquatic escapades.
With our tailored approach, we ensure that the speedboat we recommend suits your preferences and budget. From compact yet agile models to luxurious and spacious cruisers, we have a wide range of options to cater to your specific needs. Our experienced team will guide you through the selection process, offering expert advice and making sure you find the perfect vessel to complement your villa and lifestyle."
Well it’s absolutely pumping again today and pissing down. It’s going to be an interesting crossing this afternoon to sanur. Another 2 weeks would have been awesome but thems the breaks .The wreck was solid yesterday and only 8-10 guys once the swell kicked in , lacerations was small and 40 guys, today could be bigger. Lembongan is packed and next year will be back to quieter locations .
No one out at ghosties , there for the taking if ya keen .
Cracking shot
Great pic!
Weird first morning to wake up to.
Dry season, eh? Rained all night. Did a first light puddle dodge down to Petitenget get where it's big, windy, and brown.
No-one on the beach but me and a loose bunch of mutts eyeing me off.
Think today is gonna involve family time rather than a long haul to the Bukit.
Great picture SF, safe journey across mate
Stu - just staying down there or do you have time on the Bukit?
I founds those stray mutts to be pretty feral some mornings before first light. Okay during the day but I got hassled by them near Canggu once and near Padang last trip.
Stu - Kuta looking like fun peaks and cleanish on the Bali Belly cam, bit busy though.
Hows the water temp , boadies fine or need top?
Is that a random peak supa or a legit wave? Looks nuts
@goofyfoot , it’s a legit wave and does get surfed but not regularly. It’s down from the wreck heading towards blue corner . There’s a few lefts along that strip. It’s a weird place in that the swell gets concentrated in certain area’s and it pumped here for about 90 minutes and the wreck wasn’t getting much action . Chris that set up lembongan bungalows in the late 70s used to surf it regularly along that strip . It’s called ghosties these days as about 10 years ago or more a boat full of musicians returning to nusa penida got broadsided by a wave in the middle of the night and nearly all lost their lives . I woke up to blood curdling screaming just after midnight and didn’t know what the fuck was going on . Locals won’t surf along there for obvious reasons .
Just heading from lembongan now , swells up , going to be some screaming I think.
Interesting supa, you certainly know the place well.
Hope the boat ride isn’t too bad..
An hour's taxi ride from Petitenget to Padma, caught two waves, snapped my leggy, then another hour sitting in traffic for the return trip.
Probably wont do that again.
Could of walked it in 15 :-0
Pushbike along Beach...
Shame you didnt take your 9ft log , no leggy needed apparently.
How was the surf?
Not bad, though a touch too big for the banks.
Swell dropped off
https://balibelly.com/pages/kutabeach- Flush those Ears..
Not a Bali holiday without being stuck in traffic!!
Any on the ground reports from today (Sunday) with that longer period groundswell in the water?
I don't think that swell and period would have arrived until late arvo. I'm not over there, so not sure, Tomorrow morning should see a difference I reckon.
https://www.baliwaves.com/2023/07/bali-surf-weather-report-back-to-wher…
https://balibelly.com/pages/uluwatu
you may be right as I was looking at ments forecast. Although with that swell period I still would have expected it to be in Bali today.
Just read Mikala Jones died yesterday in a surfing accident in the Mentawais.
No way.
That is tragic news.
Great surfer and always gentleman in the water.
Very sad.
RIP.
Severed femoral artery. Rotten luck.
Deepest condolences to his family and close friends.
New Energy on the Bukit this morning Don..
Great conditions this morning. Much more size than yesterday.
Thanks
Can you put a number on it?
4 stars.
Jokes.
6-8ft where I am. Maybe a bit bigger at Ulus?
Ok thanks Stu
Nice Cond on East ATM - K is looking Fun
Nice Stu!
Koster doing his best to attract more tourists to Bali . Bans anyone including locals from climbing mountains causing a huge ripple effect in unemployment . Trying to bring into law where tourists can stay which was explained to me was because of long term bule’s ( Russian and Ukraine expats ) wanting kos style lodgings because of financial situation which in effect has them competing with locals for rooms and price therefore goes up . Motorbike hire ? Now pay to enter on top of visa . Might seem small to individual but families might say why bother when Thailand and other destinations are a cheaper option . Doesn’t personally bother me but this guy has constant brain farts . https://coconuts.co/bali/news/eat-pay-love-foreigners-required-to-pay-u…
@seeds , I just came across this on the Australian government website smart traveler indonesia . I don’t know the full details but it’s worth investigating. $700 for 5 years seems to good to be true . This is just a photo of what I looked at .
…..EDIT …. Sorry I’ve confused myself, this looks more like what you may be after, second home visa , $2100 for 5 years. 
Thanks. $2100 for 5 years is okay. Wonder if the price drops if less years are applied for. I’ll have a look.
Personal bank accounts with minimum amount of Rp. 2,000,000,000,- (two billion rupiah) or equivalent needed - 197K AuD
And "It is expected that the minimum funds of IDR 2bn will have to be in the account permanently, and that immigration will check sometimes, whether this minimum amount is still in the bank."
@udo , are you sure about that figure ? I was talking to a mate today about it who is currently on 5 year kitap retirement visa and was thinking of switching over to 2nd home visa but they wanted him to show that he had $80,000 AUD in account .
https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/front/faq/0e6b4213-6b94-450a-9d14-9c9cb97…
Yep or a Hak Pakai(right to use) property to a certain value depending on location in Indo. (map in link)
This guy knows his shit
https://matthewbrealey.medium.com/how-to-get-a-second-home-digital-noma…
Ok , thanks for that .
Miss out on 5 yrs interest $ 0n 200K !
Very interesting and helpful article @indo , I will pass this onto my friend .