More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
And yeah @indo kind of right, it's pretty full on venture, but in hindsight was fun, learned a lot and did ok. We eventually managed a really good crew though. Painful dealing with PLN ( electricity). But just have to be patient and know when to pay and to whom for smooth dealings.
It’s back already, heading over behind muntigs again to drop anchor. Might have some issues as the other day it sat against current at blue corner for 15 -20minutes before turning around and anchoring .
So buying existing might be better. Does that mean buying foreign owned means buying the lease on the dirt? Or is that re negotiated? Or also, buying local owned you still lease the land but own the property?
not sure why supa, but that cracked me up!
Supa, I wish I was seeing that live. Although surf looks like when I was there.
You can buy existing lease from lease holder you just take over what is left on long term lease. Eg they may have had 30 year lease and there is 17 years left you pay for the right to use that land. Hak Sewa. You could also nego with land owner if they wish to extend lease and get that contracted in sale . As it is once lease is finished the property goes back to land owner. I thought a good system as can get $$ to local family and they will end up having house built for their kids/grandkids.
I can only tell U my experience, and we finished our last project in 2011 so pretty out of date.
Reckon would have been some bargains with Covid in some areas, but now I hear the Bukit and Canggu are going nuts.
Hit the wreck at daybreak 6.00am and already 10 guys out , big lulls and only 1/2 dozen overhead sets in 3 hours. Waited at one stage 30 minutes in between sets . Got about 7 waves in total . 3-4 ft has turned to 1ft inconsistent sets , mid tides at the moment. Yesterday arvo cennigan 4-5 ft . Forecast doesn’t look real flash until 6th July, fly out on 7th .
This site looks like good info source.
https://bali-home-immo.com/blog/17-bali-property-sale-terms-that-you-mu…
Thanks andy
I think this was my problem. Not understanding the tides and swell direction and lulls on swells that have travelled so far.
Nearly July and it’s blowing westerly today , weird.
Weird here also this week
That is weird.
If I hadn't had my accident, I'd be heading off to G-Land tomorrow for what looks like nine days of not much at all. Small mercies.
As it is, I've got a Bali family holiday beginning on the 6th which appears to precede a week of pretty big waves. Considering I've barely surfed in three months I've got a bit of work to do.
Yes westerly today, bit stange but it swings back tomorrow. Had a chat this arvo with an older than me crusty who just got back from g land, he says 6' and a bit bigger while here is 2', goes to show how much of a swell magnet g land is.
I hope you’re right ash about the wind tomorrow because the forecast I’ve been looking at ( not swellnet ) had it as westerly first up then going sw again , it cleaned up this arvo after blowing sw throughout the middle of the day . Few fun ones late this afternoon .
https://thebalisun.com/testing-finds-dangerous-bacteria-at-balis-most-p…
It appears to be going south south east again in a few days.
Whats happening in Bali it hasnt lived up to its reputation
the last few years and this year its worst
Just going off the SN forecast, so far it's been accurate
Accurate for the wind, a little over for swell
No surprise there.
Was looking at video yesterday on Bukit with all the new buildings along cliff front at bingin, impossibles, wheres all the sewerage going? Septic tanks overflowing?
Strong WNW this morning, commune school holidays crowd will be loving it at Keramas. Haven’t seen the floodlights on this last month, price of electricity might have killed it .
Winds should be good on Bukit by Midday- Head high sets at K this morning
Absolutely pissing down this morning and near flat surf , not the best first day of July I’ve seen . Huge cremations on lembongan today .
Anyone surfed around the Bukit in Oct? Got a family trip then and wondering how hard I should push to find somewhere closer to waves!
Done the off season and few times and have scored mostly, not shoulder though.
I got decent waves with good winds late Oct, early Nov a few years back,
October can be great , especially some gems along the nusa dua stretch but the way this year is going it’s a bit of a lottery .
Thanks Supa and Arcadia.....will try to base close to Ulus, at least it's not too far from the magnets and Nusa area.
Can't get much worse than it has been i guess!
Cool photos of Lembongan! I did a month there last year and it was our favourite place in Bali. Crazy to hear there's no swell because I was there about this time and it was solid the whole time and when it wasn't,
Cennigan was fun. Planning surf around high tide and dropping was a bit lame, but also good because there was surf time and the rest was family time. The locals ripped there too.
I'm heading back to Australia in September for a few months but the cost of living and waves has me already planning the next place. From the sounds of it though Bali is getting worse re: Russians and euro kooks.
Anyone want to add some positivity and let me know how they've scored recently? Also how are the prices compared to last year?
I would love to go exploring the rest of Indonesia but with a young family, I'm lucky to surf as much as I do.
@juag , lake lembongan this morning, haven’t actually seen a wave break but that hasn’t stopped these guys from paddling out . At least the 36 hours of rain has stopped for now but more coming. Wednesday forward looks good.
edit …….. inflation on price of food is a worry and fuel has nearly doubled.
Is a year ago recent enough? Around this time last year I spent a week in Legian and scored a fun rip bowl right out the front of a mates Hotel. It pumped just about every day with only a handful of people out. Surfed then chill at his pool. Can't get much better than that. Lower your expectations - if the reefs are too small, you can still score fun waves. I'm heading over next week. Probably just hang around Bukit - maybe do a couple of nights in Lembongan. (Never been). After a run of pretty good surf down in Vic, it'll be great to thaw out. Fuck it's been cold. P.S. Hope your ticker is OK and you're healthy again Supa.
@icandig , you are walking into a good swell, well timed. The ticker is so far ok and have had some long sessions earlier in the holiday. Haven’t had any alcohol, didn’t want to risk bringing an episode on after reading of other peoples experience post SVT ablation. Have a great trip mate and hope you get barreled off ya nut .
Thanks Supa....I'll limiting alcohol to a couple of beers a night but feeling pretty good also. Looking forward to testing myself a bit. Cheers.
Bali or Lombok, or somewhere else, in second half of October? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Depends what you're looking for on your trip. If you want to surf and don't care about nightlife, then Lombok. But if you want waves and good food/party then Bali.
I’ll be 52 by then and travelling solo so no need for partying. More concerned about the change of seasons. I do like the idea of checking out Lombok. Never been and I don’t need A grade waves but want some waves.
Back in very late October 2001 a small group of us did a 7 day boat trip (organised in Bali rather than through one of the western surf travel agents) to western Sumbawa via Lembongan and Lombok. We had waves and decent winds for the duration with the highlight being a 5-6' swell hitting a name lefthander at the western end of Sumbawa. A light onshore when we arrived there in the avo of day 1 but morning of day 2 was offshore the whole time. 6-8 wave sets and I'm guessing 16+ second period and the whole lineup to ourselves. There is probably 1 or more land camp now in the area and it was probably an unseasonal swell (and maybe wind) but you can definitely still score in October
No waves in Bali after end of September, wouldn't waste my time ;)
Na it can pump.... Actually a lot more options with light winds and a likelihood of swell.
Last few years though seasons have been mixed up. Have had great OC in Oct...
I've had some of my best months and worst months in October. I remember one season that every weekend I had off work was 8'+ OC, with basically no wind all day long. Last year I went in October and I ended up packing my boards away after the second week and just going travelling. You just never know what you'll get but that can be really fun too!
Whats going in your Boardbag Stuart ?
Good question! So far, a 6'0" Electra by Gregory W, and a 6'4" assym by DP, but I'm tossing up taking a triple board bag and tossing in a 6'8", of which I have a few.
The hesitation, of course, is knowing that if I paddle out in bigger waves I'm more likely to hurt myself again, and if I don't have the equipment then I just won't paddle out.
Also, if you see someone fuckwit on Surfers Of Bali wearing a floatation best and looking like a Euro-kook then spare the payouts. I still can't lay on a board without pain.
@stunet , can you bring some nice weather and waves with you , its howling northerlies this morning and still rain about plus zero swell. If it sounds like I’m whinging it’s because this is day 3 and still have 1 more day of this crazy July weather before hopefully things improve .
I should just be grateful for the little things and enjoy the moment.

Yes supa, you could always be working outside in Victoria! I nearly froze to death last week I think
Take it, always better to have a board and not needing it than not having one wishing you did!!
Point is, I'd rather not have one and wish I did, then have one, use it, and break my ribs again.
Stu what makes you think surfing bigger waves increases the injury risk?
I'd be more worried about having your rib cage tickled by an out of control VAL when its 2 foot and 1000 people out.
Travelling faster, hitting harder. Greater likelihood of not controlling how I fall.
I won't be surfing anywhere where it's crazily crowded.
Fair enough, cant argue with that
Fair enough... Listen to your body. Have had pretty bad rib injury myself, maybe not your league but was pretty much 6 months until could surf....
Enjoy but take it easy....
Enjoy!
Good luck, Stu.
I'm not sure if there are good ways to fall that protect your ribs, but think about it beforehand and practice.
A few days after my hamstring injury my local looked very very tempting and predictable. With our Euro holiday three days away, I knew I could NOT aggravate the injury, meaning I had to control my right leg.
Apart from surfing ultra conservatively and making 90% of my waves, I crossed my ankles when caught inside or coming off, and also made sure to push my board shorewards and have my leg pointing the same way. It worked really well.