I love Bali

tubeshooter Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 02:15 pm new

hmm, I was wondering if the INP get a cut. Under 'Restorative justice' in Indo the settlement/agreement has to be officially brokered by them, I believe.

andy-mac Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 02:19 pm new

Better outcome than getting caught with a joint or baggy in Bali!!

burleigh Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 03:18 pm new

Does this public payout set the scene for future setups?

Supafreak Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 04:32 pm new

An Australian friend who ran a orphanage near ubud was parked on the side of a road engine off and not in anyway impeding traffic . A drunk construction worker from java riding a motorbike slammed into the rear of her rental car killing himself . Long story short, she didn’t spend a night in jail but all up it cost her $8000 AUD , $4000 to the family of deceased man after negotiations on the price & $4000 to the local police involved in the incident .This was about 8 years ago.

tubeshooter Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 05:23 pm new

Yeah I can't see Polisi not getting a cut here somehow.
I'm also curious as to whether restorative justice cancels a criminal conviction outright, or is the settlement a guilty plea by default, and part of the criminal sentencing process.

tubeshooter Saturday, 27 May 2023 at 06:03 pm new

From what I can find, no conviction will be recorded.
Instead a 'Warrant Termination of Investigation' will be issued.

"Criminalization should always be considered as the last alternative for a criminal act, as long as it meets the parameters as previously stated. The interpretation and viewpoint of Ultimum Remedium are in accordance with Restorative Justice which places criminal proceedings as a last resort, and consider to give other sanctions (non-penal) in the form of compensation, fines, warnings, or other things. Therefore, there is a way out from the criminal process for the potential perpetrator, which is restorative justice, as long as the perpetratior fulfill the requirement on Chief of INP Regulation Number 6 of 2019, Circular Letter of the Chief of INP Number SE/8/VII/2018 of 2018, and ISP Regulation Number 15 of 2020." https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=58d8cfb4-8f24-4138-b30b-…

udo Sunday, 28 May 2023 at 08:18 am new
goofyfoot Sunday, 28 May 2023 at 08:47 am new

udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsscgKIgqJv/

How the hell do you find this stuff!
#prayforbali

udo Sunday, 28 May 2023 at 08:55 am new

Came up on Coconuts Bali

simba Sunday, 28 May 2023 at 02:52 pm new

white scum

simba Sunday, 28 May 2023 at 03:02 pm new

white scum

dandandan Tuesday, 30 May 2023 at 03:17 pm new

Saw last night that the flasher was deported. This bule deportation thing is a real spectator sport, big fan.

burleigh Tuesday, 30 May 2023 at 03:30 pm new

The banning of motorbikes is pretty funny. Good luck with that. They will need the entire Indonesian army to enforce it.

Supafreak Friday, 2 Jun 2023 at 09:01 am new

This one will upset a lot of people . https://thebalisun.com/officials-confirm-tourists-can-only-stay-at-spec… koster is going all out trying to change things , looking forward to the announcement of the airport in northern bali ……..again

blackers Friday, 2 Jun 2023 at 12:01 pm new
Supafreak Friday, 2 Jun 2023 at 01:24 pm new

blackers wrote:

And this.

https://thebalisun.com/bali-bans-all-tourist-activities-on-mountains-wi…

He is going all out.

I flicked those two articles to a balinese mate and he reckons koster drinks too much arak . Is he trying to create unemployment with the banning of tourists visiting and climbing mountains.

seaslug Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023 at 09:24 am new

For travelers wishing to arrange their visa on arrival ahead of time, it is now possible to apply for an e-visa on arrival no less than 48 hours before traveling to Indonesia.

Immigration officials have issued warnings to travelers that there is only one official website for e-VOA applications, and this is https://molina.imigrasi.go.id

seaslug Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023 at 09:25 am new

Extracted from Udo post, that's very helpful.... if it works

udo Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023 at 09:54 am new
andy-mac Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023 at 09:55 am new

blackers wrote:

And this.

https://thebalisun.com/bali-bans-all-tourist-activities-on-mountains-wi…

He is going all out.

Geez that will hurt a lot of the locals in Kintamani, Batur area which are reliant on people climbing Batur for sunrise. Don't reckon it will go down well there!

jezza64 Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023 at 11:56 am new

seaslug wrote:

Extracted from Udo post, that's very helpful.... if it works

Used the eVOA in March, seperate lines for eVOA at immigration, no wait and straight through. Online customs declaration also speeds things up.

udo Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023 at 12:15 pm new
eat-your-vegies Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023 at 05:41 pm new

Yup your probably right udo
But then I checked a few dates and the fares weren’t that cheap at all.
Other dates could be a bargain of course.
And I’m sure the extra competition is gonna help us all.
Now where’d I leave that 6’6”

jezza64 Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023 at 05:48 pm new

I got Garuda flights for just over a grand, trying to find one for my wife to join me for the last week. Super expensive, Batik is cheapest but flight times from Melbourne aren’t very user friendly, 5am or 7am.
Im going late August, wife plans to come 10/9.

eat-your-vegies Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023 at 07:00 pm new

Hi there jezza
I reckon $500 each way from Melbourne is pretty ok.
And you’ll be flying Garuda so your boards are free and you get real cutlery with your meals (even after all the 911 terrorist and security wank )
Hostee’s are gorgeous too although you probably won’t notice cos you got a missus.
Best of all , they serve Bintang .
I’m jealous.

Bnkref Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 09:28 am new

Yeah i'd be going Garuda if it was an option. I noticed those Batik departure times from Melbourne when I had a look yesterday. Nasty.

udo Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 09:50 am new

Wtf is wrong with a 5 or 7 am Flight ?

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 10:09 am new

udo wrote:

Wtf is wrong with a 5 or 7 am Flight ?

When I was flying Jetstar from Brisbane the departure time was 7.00 am and although it was a bit of a pain in the arse leaving tweed at 2.30 am for 1 hour drive ( bonus was no traffic ) the big plus was arriving at 11.15 am and having a good half day settling in . This flight I’m on today gets in at 10.00 pm Bali time and then drive to sanur for the night, so check in will probably be around midnight . Much prefer an earlier flight overall I guess. Just depends how you look at it and be grateful to actually be going on a holiday . Garuda from Brisbane in the early days was great , underated airline compared to some of the Aussie ones .

udo Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 10:18 am new

Also loved Garuda from BNE..Your 6pm flight today is a great time i reckon... all day tday as normal...and a short drive to Airport .

goofyfoot Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 10:26 am new

udo wrote:

Wtf is wrong with a 5 or 7 am Flight ?

I understand if you’ve got young kids coming along but if you’re by yourself or with mates then yeah the earlier the better, you’re going on holiday ffs!

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 10:40 am new

udo wrote:

Also loved Garuda from BNE..Your 6pm flight today is a great time i reckon... all day tday as normal...and a short drive to Airport .

yeah but we got screwed over today Udo as I’ve whinged on here before. We got told 6 months ago they had maintenance issues today so we are flying to Melbourne at 2.30 pm then Bali. My daughter has been doing are we there yet bit since 7.30 this morning.

andy-mac Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 10:47 am new

Yep, spewing Garuda stopped flying from BNE....

burleigh Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 11:34 am new

Supafreak wrote:

udo wrote:

Wtf is wrong with a 5 or 7 am Flight ?

When I was flying Jetstar from Brisbane the departure time was 7.00 am and although it was a bit of a pain in the arse leaving tweed at 2.30 am for 1 hour drive ( bonus was no traffic ) the big plus was arriving at 11.15 am and having a good half day settling in . This flight I’m on today gets in at 10.00 pm Bali time and then drive to sanur for the night, so check in will probably be around midnight . Much prefer an earlier flight overall I guess. Just depends how you look at it and be grateful to actually be going on a holiday . Garuda from Brisbane in the early days was great , underated airline compared to some of the Aussie ones .

Supa, make sure you skip to que and get your digital visa on arrival. saves heaps of time.

linez Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 12:32 pm new

Just came back a few weeks ago. Went with Batik for the first time, gotta say I wasn't that impressed. Leg room was quite cramped and uncomfortable. Normally go with Jetstar from Brisbane and the dream liner was way more comfortable, and cheaper.
At least it was on time.

Bnkref Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 12:34 pm new

Ha yeah fair call you lot.

I'm not going to Indo this year (compared to last year where I had a week in NW WA, then a month in Indo (Bali, Ments and Sumbawa)) so I'm saying this as a distant (and jealous) observer.

Was thinking a 5am flight means getting to the airport at 2:30 / 3am. So you're doing an all nighter to pretty much to get there.

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 12:48 pm new

burleigh wrote:

Supafreak wrote:
udo wrote:

Wtf is wrong with a 5 or 7 am Flight ?

When I was flying Jetstar from Brisbane the departure time was 7.00 am and although it was a bit of a pain in the arse leaving tweed at 2.30 am for 1 hour drive ( bonus was no traffic ) the big plus was arriving at 11.15 am and having a good half day settling in . This flight I’m on today gets in at 10.00 pm Bali time and then drive to sanur for the night, so check in will probably be around midnight . Much prefer an earlier flight overall I guess. Just depends how you look at it and be grateful to actually be going on a holiday . Garuda from Brisbane in the early days was great , underated airline compared to some of the Aussie ones .

Supa, make sure you skip to que and get your digital visa on arrival. saves heaps of time.

Yeah I fortunately go through locals gate ( never a line ) because of wife and daughter so its all good , still wait for luggage……..always

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 01:02 pm new

Had a friendly conversation with a lovely lady from fiji ( personality plus , extremely helpful ) about getting bumped to Melbourne 6 months ago . She said yeah not many flying from goldy at the moment so only about 2 flights a week have been direct, picks up school holidays and full flights. The Melbourne Bali leg is full . A mate flew direct both ways a few weeks ago , luck of the draw I guess. Be nice if they just had 3 flights a week direct when not school holidays and be a bit more honest instead of “ maintenance issues “ as an excuse . I’ll be happy as long as the luggage arrives undamaged .

burleigh Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 01:07 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
udo wrote:

Wtf is wrong with a 5 or 7 am Flight ?

When I was flying Jetstar from Brisbane the departure time was 7.00 am and although it was a bit of a pain in the arse leaving tweed at 2.30 am for 1 hour drive ( bonus was no traffic ) the big plus was arriving at 11.15 am and having a good half day settling in . This flight I’m on today gets in at 10.00 pm Bali time and then drive to sanur for the night, so check in will probably be around midnight . Much prefer an earlier flight overall I guess. Just depends how you look at it and be grateful to actually be going on a holiday . Garuda from Brisbane in the early days was great , underated airline compared to some of the Aussie ones .

Supa, make sure you skip to que and get your digital visa on arrival. saves heaps of time.

Yeah I fortunately go through locals gate ( never a line ) because of wife and daughter so its all good , still wait for luggage……..always

You don't need a visa? or you have a Kitas?

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 01:24 pm new

No I need a visa , it’s all good . Anyone in a hurry can also go Tik Bali , straight through customs and immigration with transport $85 .

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 01:39 pm new

I haven’t used it but a friend has and highly recommended it , good when lots of flights arriving same time . https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g562690-d18314440-Revi…

Dx3 Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 02:06 pm new

Thanks for sharing that link Supafreak, I'd been told about some VIP service that gets your through Bali airport super quick, but didn't have the details. Assume that is it, will have a look!

Supafreak Thursday, 8 Jun 2023 at 04:59 pm new

Fark me , the first leg is down and looking at departure board virgin leaves at 5.30 pm then Jetstar then 2 Qantas flights at 5.40pm . The race is on . Melbournites heading for warmer climate .

indo-dreaming Sunday, 11 Jun 2023 at 10:05 am new

Indo has dropped need for Covid vax to enter Indo

official regulation
https://covid19.go.id/storage/app/media/Regulasi/2023/Juni/SE%20No%201%…

udo Sunday, 11 Jun 2023 at 11:03 am new

Are you going to be giving a DS a run at O.C today Superfreak... did you Surf on your Forehand at Dawn ?
https://balibelly.com/pages/uluwatu

udo Sunday, 11 Jun 2023 at 04:11 pm new

indo-dreaming wrote:

Indo has dropped need for Covid vax to enter Indo

official regulation

https://covid19.go.id/storage/app/media/Regulasi/2023/Juni/SE%20No%201%…

Indo is a bit slow on getting this out there no Sign of it anywhere....?

indo-dreaming Sunday, 11 Jun 2023 at 07:06 pm new

Yeah nothing really in media about it yet, only this on general restrictions being lifted.
https://www.thejakartapost.com/indonesia/2023/06/11/govt-relaxes-covid-…

Arlines are starting to already change info on websites though
https://i.imgur.com/DCPfrN8.png
https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/travel-info/international-travel/…

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login