More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
meanwhile, this is the European Central Bank's 22 February 2024 view on bitcoin and the overall crypto universe; suffices to say they believe it's an illusion, a scam, and simply an organised crime network. All hope is lost. Reality has splintered and fragmented. Only war can prevent the post-truth world now.
BTC reached ATH overnight. I sold 33% of my BTC.
"We disagree with both claims and reiterate that the fair value of Bitcoin is still zero."
Isn't the definition of fair value one where two parties agree on the fair buy and sell price? I mean it's the same philosophy these days with fiat isn't it? You may cash to someone for something that both parties agree is a fair trade for a goods or service. The party that receives the fiat cash believes that piece of paper they just received for that car they sold can then be used to buy other goods and services that that party then needs. It's a pure and simple trust system. BTC is no different in my eyes. It's just a digital piece of paper that both parties trust can then be used for further transactions.
Anyway, I digress. Back to eating popcorn for me.
Well I think what the ECB is saying is it's not really used for further transactions other than money laundering, cyber crime and extortion, child sex trafficking, etc. (Where's all the Russian money flowing into Bali coming from?)
Also, I think the ECB would say that it's not the same philosophy as a country's currency, which is legal tender backed by that country's government, legal system and ultimately military etc and is thus more than a pure and simple "trust" system between two people - it's trust in an entire nation-state, or in the case of the ECB, the whole EU.
When the ECB says its fair value is zero, I think they're tying to say that it's not an asset or investment with an underlying cashflow or ownership in anything that generates cashflow. So I think they're trying to say that there's nothing underpinning its "price" or "value" that it's trading at.
So when your hypothetical parties agree to a fair trade/exchange of bitcoin for a currency, the ECB would ask how exactly are the parties assessing its "fair value"? So I think the ECB is saying that the parties have nothing to go off, that it's all just purely imaginary speculation, and so any price is as good as any other - there's no objective criteria.
So I think what the ECB is arguing is crypto is not really used for legal payments or backed by any reputable, sane country's government, nor is it an investment vehicle or asset that entails ownership in something that generates cashflow, so its "value" is purely speculation, imaginary and ultimately exactly zero - it's all just a tulip.
Humanity has been here many times before in the past few thousand years.
99% of crypto is a scam and completely useless.
BTC and ETH and other top 10 crypto has very little real world use, imo.
I just look at it as a gamble to make some money. It’s the bigger fool theory at work. The trick is picking exit and entry points.
My ETH is going very soon. BTC I have decided to hold as it has more upside in price.
So , 99% of it is a scam , its a bigger fool theory and they are useless ,
BUT well worth a Gamble and making money is easy as long as u pick the correct entry and exit points ,
U can ALSO , fn Short them , with derivity stuff , Roady .
I can't imagine one of my Old Clients thinking that was a prudent strategy ( I know u are having fun with it , so am I haha ) , or me being able 2 do it OR even explain it haha .
I swing at easy pitches and don't like Casinos :)
Playing the bigger Fool Theory is something I do , away from markets , much less costly imho :)
U know more about Digital Currencies than Covid , and may make a Roady Kill , on these Financial markets that Governments WILL kill OFF , one day ffs , U can't lose , nearly :)
You know there's FOMO when Kohler starts writing about BTC again!!!
https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/finance/2024/03/06/alan-kohler-bitcoin-i…
"This, I submit, makes bitcoins the most tightly controlled financial asset known to man. It continually becomes scarcer until a preset limit is reached.
Other securities, like bonds and shares, can be issued by companies and governments at will, as long as they do the paperwork, and as for money … well, since the Federal Reserve Board was created in 1913, so many US dollars have been issued that its purchasing power has declined by about 97 per cent."
This is the whole point about BTC. No one can just print or make more of it. Kohler points out exactly what happens to USD when they continue hitting print!!! BTC supply limit makes it similar to Gold for example. There is and only ever will be a finite supply.
.
$109,210.95
Still moving up…
Yep she’s well and truly broken above ATH in USD now. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a solid run up to near USD$100k in the coming month/months.
$100k would have to be a sell. ETH would have to be around $6k if it follows BTC.
Cash out time
It’s crazy
https://www.kitco.com/news/article/2024-03-13/bitcoin-secretly-being-pu…
With halving approaching and Gold also expected to rally, we could see another ATH on BTC in the coming week/s.
Neither are good reasons for the value of a digital currency to rise, but as it’s BTC you’re probably right.
Well halving was introduced to combat inflation and make the value of BTC rise.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/costs/cryptocurrency-world-braces…
May well see the ATH surpassed on BTC soon.
Yep, it’s bounced pretty hard. I bought some SOL at $2.30 about a week ago, happy with that.
Just looked and ETH has gone crazy. $4700 to $5600 in 24hrs
All those idiots buying crypto
The dills imaginary money again. lmao
Yep, mura no Baka burls, and with the yen at a cheap AUS .0096 and hopefully staying low, when I sell I will be buying an imaginary house in Japan.
I can't get past the energy use now for crypto :/
Love how you pretend that you have crypto to internet strangers. makes me giggle.
It's crazy stuff, Craig.
I can't get past how irrelevant crypto really is and how much people are willing to speculate. 99% of crypto is a complete scam.
SEC says it is “leaning” towards approving spot ETH ETFs. SOL next in ETF line apparently.
It's not bitcoin but gold in AUD took out 4000 on the Perth Mint spot price today, a little bit of eyebrows raised moment for what it says about the poor old AUD.
Bitcoin has been in a range for 6 months
The longer the range the bigger the breakout.
Check out Michael Saylor the mad genius,literally a rocket scientist
IQ off the charts.
Since his Microstrategy adopted Bitcoin as a business model the stock has risen 1100 %,they’ve got 250,000 bitcoin on the books
Nvidia has seen exponential growth on the back of the AI growth
Microstrategy puts it in the shade,check it out.
I have been backing up the truck and loading up on the dips
It’s not too late ,it’s still cheap to where it’s going.
The future is now
Get on board
BTC just blew up around 6%. I’m guessing that is in anticipation of a Trump win. Nearing ATH again.
The melt up is well underway. Stock market at ATHs. Gold at ATHs. Only natural BTC will come along for the same ride.
Hi don!!
I don't invest in Bitcoin or any Crypto for that matter, but could you tell us what your crystal ball sees for Australian and International Stocks post the US election.
Just for my super!!!!!
Cheers.
Stocks will likely take off again IMO. Target for S&P is over 7000 so still some way to run before the significant economic crisis.
https://saltandpepper.com.au/products/arcata-sauce-boat-and-dish-500ml-…
S&P 500, hella discount!! buy buy buy! (40% off, I reckon?)
On to it @Don
M2 money supply up.Global not just US.This will push assets up
Saylor just doubled down.Microstrategy $42 billion more
Since the BTC ETF approved in January the US issuers have bought 5 % of all BTC. 1 million Bitcoin,in 9 months
Just think about that
Institutional money pouring in,supply crunch
Basic economics,supply/demand
Just went in again on latest dip.
Long term only not day trading BTC
https://www.itnews.com.au/news/self-proclaimed-bitcoin-inventor-faces-c…
Will we break ATH given it looks like Trump is winning!!!
Yep, it just did
Wow. I looked earlier it was up 5% looked again now 10%.
Could drop just as fast
Indeed it did. New ATH people!!!
Jeeebees….still running.
Looking at targets around early to mid $90’s now.
BTC cracks US$80,000!!!
Looking like a trade at these prices. It has to retrace soon. I am surprised how far it has run.
US$81,500.
If you believe this is a break out of the bull flag then the target is much higher than the current prices.
I’m leaning towards early to mid 90’s.
oppies on IBIT, welcome inside the tent + fun and games
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbirnbaum/2024/10/20/how-will-bitcoin-…
one can imagine the IV...
whoever Bernstein are, mentioned in next link, 200k target 2025 their analysts say
https://au.investing.com/news/cryptocurrency-news/bitcoin-price-today-h…
and most importantly
dogecoin
https://au.investing.com/crypto/dogecoin/chart
I wouldn't buy an ETF when you can just buy the crypto direct. I use nexo and I stake my BTC & ETH on NEXO. I have had it staked for years and the returns are massive. returns are paid weekly.
That sounds great, was more interested in the properties of the options, there are already crypto options exchanges but good to see the same will be offered on the main US exchanges.
a little bit more on significance of IBIT options
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4722669-ibit-options-approval-massive-…
"The lack of a truly agreeable venue for BTC options has arguably stifled BTC adoption over the years. Most reputable assets have deep options markets. SPY, QQQ, and IWM all have daily expiries and dominate the entire market in option volume. There are also SPX and XSP index options which are extremely liquid. A step-down from the major US equity indices and their ETFs are options on HYG, SLV, GLD, and TLT. These also boast extremely high options volumes. For a full list of volume breakdowns amongst ETFs, you can check out this tracker. On the stock side, every member of the Magnificent 7 has very deep options markets. The point is that having liquid options is an undeniable sign of an asset’s credibility.
"To put things into perspective, BTC’s market cap is about the size of silver’s. Yet, the US markets do not offer any BTC options chains that are remotely similar to SLV’s options. The approval of IBIT options is therefore a tremendous stamp of credibility, elevating BTC to a very prominent seat amongst all assets."
Who owns the private keys to your staked crypto? How massive returns are we talking?
BTC's marketcap just surpassed silvers!!! BTC has risen 70% in the last 5 mths
Threatening 90,000 in last hour, it really does need a deep options market at this stage.