More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Looking ever bit the mountain man there Stu, cherish memories for the boys.
Us mountain men love mountain women.
"Courtney? he's a champion and a true gentleman and an absolute charger."
Takes after his old man! Glenn shaped with Simon Anderson and Terry Fitz at Shane's, worked as a photographer for Surfing World (and maybe Tracks), charged as hard as anyone back in the day, was always good for a laugh....and is a great blues musician.
pretty keen
pretty keen on not falling
Yeah i havent seen Courtney for a few months, not sure if he's still living between here and geraldton or if he's down south with his brother Kerby. Anyway hes a great bloke i respect a lot. Sounds like his dad Glenn was too.
This is probably one of the craziest scenes I've witnessed post storm.
The perks of being a meteorologist extend to knowing where and when to be to try and witness some of nature's finest moments.
Thirty minutes prior to this a very violent thunderstorm pushed though with one strike hitting this mountain so strongly it lasted for seconds and fizzed like a fading fireworks.
I saw on the radar that there was a chance the storm would clear late and the sun would pop up and while analysing a soft yellow glow appeared to the west.
This was the sign so I started up the mountain trail with light rain and golden light painting the most surreal sepia tone through the bush. A run in with a spikey friend was my only company and on ascending I could not believe what stood before me on the eastern side.
A double rainbow but going 3/4 of a circle as the shadow of the mountain cast a triangle apex out to the horizon. A prehistoric scene that lasted half an hour before turning deep purple on the descent. A moment I'll never forget.
Wowsa Craig, stunning.
Magic
How good is that Craig
I f’en love the weather
Get the same feeling (though maybe not as amplified as this one) watching the mid afternoon sky and predicting the sunset
Love being able to make time and space for a spectacular one whilst the rest of the world keeps spinning the wheel
Thanks guys, yeah Roystein, always one eye on the clouds and to the west eh!
The accompanying words made those pics even more stunning. Who doesn't love a story behind the shot.
Nailed it Craig.
Constantly blown away by the grandeur that is the Blue Mountains National Park. World class!
Hard to argue when you provide evidence like that. Amazing shots Craig, simply beautiful.
Top shelf Craig
Yep. Lovely.
Nice one Craig. Getting out there!
Thanks guys, an endless playground out there! Only started to truly appreciate it and the potential for adventure in the last 5 years or so.
Some images from the weekend, canyoning in the Blue Mountains!
This one not so beautiful but more so intimidating with lots of abseils deep into a crevice that must have been 100m or so. Stopping half way on a suspended boulder (chockstone) to then lower into the waterfall proper was pretty nuts.
Also the tough walk/climb out above exposed 100m sheer cliffs.
Wild, pushing it out there Craig! Great work.
Did you crack a can of the 'the thirst crusher' at the bottom?
You know the one- "light on the fizz so you can slam it down fast!"
Maybe a bit before your time?
Ha, not quite, but the schooner after was well earned!
Hell pics..why no Helmet ?
#frayedrope
Need to get myself a helmet for sure.
And just a few frayed bits but no core shots, rope is fine.
Nice find beachcombing a little while back. Rare to get one complete around here, they have to come a long way in busy waters.

Amazing. Is it a type of Nautilus?
Yep, a nautilus. They apparently swim up from deep waters west of Bass Strait to die. Takes some good fortune to wash into the bay in one piece. Hey are more common in the far south west. Have only seen 2 in the 22 years I have been walking the beach here. Couldn’t believe my luck.
Awesome find. I’ve only ever seen the smooth shell type with white and caramel stripes if you get my drift
Simpson Desert trip 2015. 650ks approx from Birdsville to Dalhousie Springs. 4 nights camping in the desert and 2 nights at Dalhousie. Thermal pool high 30’s degrees C.

Twilight

Bogged

Sunrise at/in Dalhousie Springs

Now that is a tyre. Just a few hits.
Ha have you ever seen anything like it
not on that scale.
I think I’d popped the bead and driven a long way before I’d noticed. We were out of the sand country and in the gibber rock. Pumped it up to try and re bead it and that was the result. I tell ya I was on my guts as far away from it as I let it down again. Thought it might explode and fuck me up in the middle of nowhere
That young guy recently died trying to return to his partner out of broken hill. Can be very isolated. Vast
Things can go wrong. Ultra light would have had a look you hope. Perfect car for it. epic
We came across the ultra light in passing. We were heading west him east. He had a ground crew of a couple of cars still coming. He landed and we had a chat. Man that would have been the way to see the desert.
Vastness and beauty. Amazing
Perfect car for it. epic
As Spring progresses the snow has nearly completely melted on the Swiss Alps along Lake Geneva, and everyone and everything is coming out to play. People were swimming in the Lake on Sunday for the first time this year, although it's still a "refreshing" 11-12deg. What a beautiful and peaceful place at this time of the year.
Very nice! I'm coming to Europe at the end of June. It will be very hot when I get there, can't wait.
Incredible
Love Geneva and its Lake. Spent a week there the year before Covid. The old city and its alleys and terraced streets and the amazing vinyl record shop up the hill from the railway station. Ha, caught the very fast train to Geneva from Paris, hurtling along at over 300kmh while eating a 3 course lunch and wine in first class no less! Sunday street jazz bands on the bridge linking the old and new cities .... thanks for posting gsco, rekindled some great memories .... day trip up to Mont Blanc!
Stormy evening in our neck of the woods.

Awesome shot .. Love it.
Wow, stunning.
I could only imagine what it would have been like with your own eyes.