More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
I can give you some details when we catch up , it’s not advertised and is just a casual friend of friends set up . Not cheap for camping . Numbers are limited to 10 surfers at a time .
Thanks Supa. I was thinking that hence the prod. Loving seeing the pics. Of the camp too. As I said earlier that would suit me to a tee
Supafreak. Hey mate, you’re on a tear, good luck to you. Ripping the shit out of it.
Time stands still when you’re on leave from all other things in life.
Enjoy mate.
Geez, that beach security dude is sure packing some heat. AW
Jeezus the Weight Hanging off that Transom...
What could possibly go wrong?
Sunset this evening

First photo , that’s me this morning , one thing about swell magnets is that when there’s swell , well fark me .


Looks like it thundering SF
Holy smokes! Grunty SF!!
Fark supa that’s incredible. No one out? Again?
How big you reckon?
Loving life!!
I would call it 8-10 3times+ overhead with some bigger sets that must have been touching 12ft , hard to tell without someone out there . Maybe in my youth I would’ve had a go but at 63 I’m well aware of my capabilities and breath control isn’t up to it . Down the bay was just ok , wasn’t lined up as well as it can be .
And holding too by the looks?
@goofy , yeah it holds it no problem, need to pick the right angle otherwise some run off too quick, occasionally a very wide set will come and you can kick off a wave only to see a wide monster waiting to take you for a different ride .
Supa thank you so much for these pics, they are wonderful. So close to the beach!
Oh, itchy feet watching all these photos.
Glad you’re a having a ball @Supafreak.
I’ve gotta wait until October for my Ments fix. Keep well big fella. AW
I can imagine you up here AW , you would be like a kid in a lolly shop . Here’s a shot of the dining room and judges tower , the last one didn’t come out as I had hoped, swells relentless


Absolutely VJ.
Cheers heaps Supa. Good to dream on these rainy onshore days!
I can tell that last one is massive!!
Great pics Supa...
Reckon I'm jumping on Google Earth later. Haha
Enjoy.....
Andy-Mac. Morning, hope ya well.
It would be mischievous, there has and is enough evidence in all those photos and dialogue to get a fair idea of where Supafreak is, but, I think we don’t want to spoil his party. AW
I will honestly say , compared to other A grade waves in the ments , this wave is more in the B grade category with some A grade days . It’s not really a super hollow top to bottom pit every wave but when the wave hits at the proper angle it does offer a good barrel . It’s very expensive stay for just camping and if I was paying I wouldn’t come . You can nearly always get a offshore in the morning & evening , winds change regularly throughout the day The nicest thing about the place is the vibe . I wouldn’t bother coming june july august september , too big for me .
Supafreak. Nice to hear from you and your perspective.
So true, it’s the people, humble, friendly and a good vibe, then there is waves.
I frequently hit Lances Right for similar reasons.
It’s very quiet, I love the pace of life, the locals and village folk of Katiet are beautiful people.
The surf, no explanation needed on that front.
When I don’t surf, i spend hours bird watching or understanding the botany and insect life either close to the village or piss off for hours or a whole day in other locales.
We forget how noisy and how busy cities and countries really are.
Keep up the fun and the alluring/teasing photos and dialogue, after your past few years in Oz, you totally deserve it mate.AW
@AW , lances right has been a favourite of mine and is my photo avatar from first time I surfed it . I haven’t been there for years. All the best mate , here’s to good karma and vibes on your journey .
Supa got any local music from your 2nd home? Happy surfing
Haha was only speaking in jest....
Breaking the wrong way. ;)
Enjoy!!
Ashsam. Hi, thanks mate. Yep, I’ve seen that one, pretty nice.
Had it like that mid October, shoulder season 2022. Counting the days now. AW
Probably no surf trip for me this year, going to Denmark gonna cost a packet.
There is Cold Hawaii near where I will be though, my son's in-laws live near, he has been a few times but wasn't much good.
Too cold for me lol
Ashsam. I know your pain, I was once married to a Scandinavian, don’t know how they do the cold for so long annually. AW
Top photo is what we were expecting to wake up to as all reports had offshore winds predicted and even my premium subscription to windy app with location had direct easterlies and is still showing that this morning . Unfortunately the bottom photo is what we got . Direct westerly with rain thrown in , win some lose some . Up here this could change in a few hours……. Here’s hoping .

Supafreak. Morning. Hope you’re doing fine.
Bummer.
You know what it’s like near the equator, can get all different winds in a day, flukey they say.
You’re right, it’ll clean up, nearly always does.
Morning sickness, Westerlies come and go, sun comes out, couple of hours, primo. Enjoy.AW
As per my outlook eh ;)
"Variable winds, strengthening from the W/NW-NW through Monday afternoon/Tuesday, then easing but persisting from the NW. "
Yes Craig your notes are very good , I will be cancelling my subscription to windy app , it was on special for $60 a year and thought I would give it a go as a comparison, the period is also always less , they had a offer of $200 for life and I was tempted but thought I would see how they went first. They go by about 8 different models . Another thing was no swell in degrees, just direction . SN has got northerlies on the live winds but on forecast it was SE for this morning.
@ Craig , the video I posted on deadmans with the booger going nuts , how recent is that , you have a cameo appearance in it .
Interesting RE Windy Supa, good to know. And yeah the lower-res GFS didn't pick up those westerly winds which drives our models for now.
Oh and Max's video is from April 2022, this swell..
https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2022/04/05/gallery-clos…
Oh ok thanks , when it said 1 day ago on YouTube I was wondering why it wasn’t being talked about , the booger was absolutely charging and I hadn’t seen that footage of him before .
Max is the most humble guy, gets out and about into the middle of nowhere, camping, fishing etc. Then when the waves get serious he's out there trying to get the biggest, gnarliest ones.
Check his insta.. https://www.instagram.com/maxdodshon/?hl=en
Thanks again, now following.
One more surf in the morning then we are out of here . It’s been a great trip and met some cool new friends . There’s still some uncrowded waves if ya go have a look and keep expectations low, that way you’re not disappointed .Surfed 21 days out of 24 , not a bad ratio .




Beautiful pics Supa, thanks for sharing.
Great reflective photo Supa.
Been a cool trip Supa. Thanks for taking us along.
Yeah, agree with the others, great seeing the daily updates and what a score!
Supafreak. Hi mate. You can’t be disappointed with that trip, beautiful and peaceful time that’s for sure.
Ive got a couple of birding expeditions next year in central Indonesia, they all start out of Bali, I’d love to come and catch up with you at yours. Go for a wave.
I’ve remembered where you are and where you live.
If I get lost, I’ll just look for bike rego FREAK .
All the best, love to you, your daughter and family. Safe travels.AW
Looks like an epic trip!
Thanks for pics..
A bit of a reminder for our society, that kids playing a game/toys without using a phone or batteries . Hmmm. AW
some great pics, SF. Glad you scored.
How do you upload pics? does the place have starlink?