More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Blackers. Hi mate.
Very serene, love all those shots.
Droplets on a rose leaf, nice. AW
Hi AW, hope you're well, after the coming rains, we'll be on the skinny end of winter darkness. Me and mine have kept cosy and engaged for the most part. Hope you have too. My specific coast has had typically annoying conditions, tricky, wind-owey, and needing targeting, otherwise you feel a bit flotsammy and glum with the sea here, grateful to be jetsam that's eating a sandwich instead. This week's northerlies most welcome. 'It's the winds as gets you' to paraphrase a coalminer from All Creatures Great and Small.
I rely on REX a lot, but for a non-ferry island where it is the only service?? heavy.
^ we often share some similar tastes in music @blackers.
(the only music I don't spend any time on,
is boring middle-road music, that says little to me.)
The classical, instrumental, choral, experimental, (I guess 'highly structured') music that I absolutely love could easily be represented by combining the particular elements in those three pics. Great stuff:
Cheers gents. Light and dark, patterns, movement, and the small details make the world a better place for sure. In sound, vision and thought.
Red Hill Rail Trail
I love the second photo (b&w), so much going on.
If you look at the middle part of that photo, the small downlights appear like a minor Milky Way hanging in a nightly abyss. It’s like an opening to the heavens.
I’ve another perspective, that black lens of dark light looks a lot like an elliptical eye on one side of a large Martian aliens head.
If there weren’t so many curves, you could almost say it was a little ‘Le Corbusier’
Oh, my brain hurts, sometimes .AW
GuySmiley. Hi mate. Such a nice day for a walk. That old rail trail looks enchanting.
Toot! Toot! . AW
Post surf mtb ride @AW, parts of the MP have much softer growth than the Otways, the land either side of the rail trail being some of the most picturesque
GuySmiley. Hi mate. Good stuff, great to hear you’re out and about.
When you say much softer than the Otways, vegetation wise, what are you inferring? AW
^^ farmlands of ornamental and fruiting deciduous trees and vineyards and market gardens with lush spring growth and autumn hues in the band from Moorooduc through to Red Hill/Main Ridge to Arthurs Seat and beyond towards Blairgowrie plus the old large moneyed houses and gardens of Sorrento and Portsea.
GuySmiley. Very nicely put, reads and sounds like a sales pitch.
How’s the clarity of the air and light lately, you can see for miles. AW
Also not much remnant temperate rainforest like the south west. Splitters falls as an example. Looks like a pleasant ride Guy, nice photos. Will give it a burl one day soon.
How’s the temperature the last two mornings!
No gloves on the run before work yesterday was a big mistake.
Ah the light @AW, it’s making me desperate to get my paints out and paint some of these morning seascapes with crystal clear foregrounds and misty horizons.
Very true @blackers, one of the many things I love about the Otways
Bloody freezing @GF, but how good do you feel afterwards
Feel alive that’s for sure guy.
Colder than a witches.... .
What dawn temps are we talking here? Wind chill?
-1 at home this morning, no wind to speak of
Yep pretty chilly.
Been 1 point something to 2 point something here all week. It’s about as cold as it ever gets here.
“Feels like” temp of -2.4 yesterday morning at 5:30. Not a breath of wind.
We are getting the fog come in just pre-dawn, so cold and damp to boot. It feels like London and takes forever to warm up. The dogs are most put out when I send them outside.
Today took forever to warm up. Nice arvo though.
Day time maximum for nice arvo?
16 my way around 3.30 pm, maybe a bit cooler further south. It was a ripper afternoon, nice in the sun, cool in the shade. Falls away rapidly as the sun sinks.
We’ve been getting 20 max. Warming up earlier than where you guys are. Sunny and not much wind not too far from the coast. Lovely.
Not too much difference but I bet I’d feel it if I was there.
Usually love winter here. Not this year. Cup of concrete next year may well be needed
Seeds. Hi .
My ex is working south of Cairns, she’s a regular up there.
She’s never felt it so cold in that region for 30 years up there.
The locals are going cold crazy. AW
What I'd give for a 20 degree day with light winds. Two days above 14 in the past 3 weeks and I have had to be at work. Time to retire.
Yeah nah!
coopers. can't go wrong. Tim from melbourne band Mr Floppy used to wear a badge 'beer is food' and drink coopers. spot on.. a mate said to me once 'coopers may not be an amazing beer, but the fact that it is the STANDARD tap beer in SA pubs - THAT'S amazing'.
Yeah nah. Coopers, okay but plenty better.
AW
Myself and my sis visited the oldies 2 years ago this month. It was 15 max and cloudy in Townsville for 3 days and everyone was freezing. No blankets or warm clothes to be found. First night on way home at Rocky was 9 degrees at 4pm walking along the river.
Few locals having a get together along the river had a fire going.
Classic
Not sesh beers though Blackers.
And for a long while Coopers was the last OZ owned brewery.
Not big on hops making too much of themselves. If I could have only 2 bottled beers for all eternity, it'd be Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale from Yorkshire for winter, Żywiec from Poland for summer.
I thought of you and @tbb today @seeds, NT music festival in a month. I'll post it in the tunes thread.
True dat Seeds. But still plenty better. Like a Coopers Red, stout is okay, but my local brewery beats all of their gear hands down. Best stout in Oz is made within 10 kms of here. Boatrocker
You are a bloody boat rocker aren’t you.
I’ll give it a google
Worth a try. :)
I’d like to give it a try. I just realised this is the pics thread.


Myself and this one reacquainted ourselves this afternoon. So out of shape. Comeback my arse. Maybe now. First pic last week. 2nd this arvo as I huffed and puffed to the top. I enjoyed it.
Good man, get some miles into your legs. Nice view. Where?
Cape Naturaliste
Glowing sunset after a hard slog. Nice.
Guy how long is the whole walk? Did you do it all? Camping out at night after each leg?
Hi Blackers missed this.
It’s Mount Cooroora here in Pootown.
View towards Pinbarren and beyond to the NE.
Mount Coolum sunrise a few weeks ago.
Just an iPhone photo but such a nice view.
That’s a cracker pano goofy. I’m guessing around 6.20am.
Not that long ago it was a goat track up there. Wasn’t so popular then. Did you have plenty of fellow climbers?
They paved paradise and put up an inadequate parking lot with no dunnies.
Apparently that’s being rectified soon.
6:36 seeds! Pretty close ha ha.
It was pretty quiet, passed maybe 10 people up and back.
I had no idea it was so steep! I ran there from Noosa early in the morning and was spewing I had to run home after the climb.
Thanks so much for that photo Goofy, that's special to me, my Nan (bless her soul) used to climb it when she was a girl, 100 years ago!
Hi Seeds, the total walk is about 140kms and it takes roughly 8 days. I did 3 days each of about 5 hrs walking different sections to suss it out for a possible walk of the full length next year. Amazing coastline.
Nice one vj, must of been pretty quiet back then!
Must have been paradise back then VJ.
yes great photo @GF, does big Clive still have his dinosaur theme park/golf course at the base of Mount Coolum?
You ran from Noosa? And your concern was the steepness of Coolum?
You’re a machine.