More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Sorry Alfred, was in transit and missed your post. Right on the edge of the basalt plains, between Ballarat and Daylesford.
Re b6's quote, I can see an album cover in your Rorschach test photo., Jello Biafra springs to mind but I will try to dig it out.
Morning fog and haze.
We are not alone.
nice @AW, for me autumn is the best season in vicco
Evening light last night down the beach.


"Lockwood"
^^ don’t lovers put locks on chains and the like to signify their affection for each other?
“Lovelock”
GuySmiley. Hi mate.
Beautiful morning here very early, best part of the day.
I agree wholeheartedly, Autumn in Victoria is spectacular. From a surf perspective, cooler mornings and late evenings, but everything in between is sublime.
Light wind, mostly from the right direction, swells start to appear and it gets bloody warm after about 10am and goes alllllllll day. AW
Moonah. . Hi pal hope you’re well.
Yep, last evenings light was beautiful, no matter where you were.
On the coast especially.
I’m guessing you’re on a Victorian coast with that type of vegetation present.
Your moniker Moonah makes me think Surf Coast or Mornington Coast, I maybe wrong.
For botanical nut jobs like myself Moonah is the common name for the excellent plant Melaleuca lanceolata a highly valuable large shrub that’s integral to many areas of coastal ecology. Good stuff, great photos. AW
Well that love is locked in for life. AW
done me knee yesterday staggering about @AW. don't know what I've done, twisted it, or walked too much on ageing meniscus.. anyway, we's busted knee buddies, mate.. sucks hey?
Basesix. Hi mate.
That’s no good at all.
You could say we are both legless, but not lizards.
It sucks alright, mine is still giving me grief especially at night in bed when your body rotates periodically, feels like being stabbed in the inner side of the knee.
It better come good soon, Supafreak and I have locked in our entire trip, accommodation, flights, etc.
After this current surf hiatus, I’m going to have to put in a fair few sessions in the water before I trott off to Indo.
Hope yours comes good soon. Now, hop along!!!. AW
I'm gonna have to trust I can walk it off, @AW, lotsa urban walking to do this weekend. Fuck, I hope yours lifts its game before your trip!!
Hi basesix.
Did you catch Polly Jean at Womad last night?
My misso reckons it was an all time set.
I stayed home with the kids.
It was great to see her @mattlock. she was quite detached, but that's the reality of the big stage at womad.. set was kinda like 'soldiers wife' from nick cave's kurt weill september songs vid stylistically (a few choice props and flourishes.. i.e. new romantic put through a shinto thresher so it fits on a plane..)
she kinda lulled the audience into thinking she was gracefully declining into twilight career as kate bush and sting's minimalist lovechild. Then the second half she turned into the dirty-guitar vixen we love with her 90s back catalogue which got the kids vibing.. somehow done me knee but..
You're a good man, hope your wife had a good night. weather was pretty alltime : )
Cheers basesix
I had a look at the setlist.
My wife was well impressed that she played 50ft Queenie, among others.
PJ is an artist that I admire greatly but have never managed to catch live. One day maybe.
Love your review.
It was my wife's turn to go to a gig without the kids. She missed out on the Mr Bungle /Melvins show.
My dog with his head in the clouds.
Spinal clouds

Very trippy looking clouds AW . I remember you writing how you were into cloud formations . A farmer decades ago pointed out what looked like horses tails and said you count them to know how many days before rain .
There’s a dude with a mustache and cone hat on in that bottom one.
Hi mate. So true my fishing forebears of the Great Ocean Road called them mares tails.
Correct, we’ve had a long hot dry spell down here, in a couple of days it’s meant to rain.
Loving all of your Lembongan life, lingo, living and lavish surfing, keep it up. AW
Seeds. Hi mate, hope ya well. Yes I can see that.
Or, is it a man pulling a hot cone with his hat on ?
Could be me in the back seat of a mates Torana on the way up the coast at dawn early nineties
Think we can all vouch for that. Some times you’d arrive at a surf spot, absolutely toasted and glued to the back seat, thinking I can’t paddle out in that sized surf . AW
Clouds


And dog with clouds.
Blackers. Hi mate.
Wow, they are very tidy photos, the first one has got Loch Ness monster just cruising past in the foreground, how’s the shape and colour of the last photo with your dog.. Good stuff. AW
Absolutely brilliant blackers , such high quality shots, well done.
That last one has a parrot taking off. Maybe an endangered ground parrot wondering what these wing things are for.
ps I know they can fly. Just like the devil’s parrot.
Cheers lads. We get great evening skies down here, always something interesting happening, particularly just before a change.
Yes, very nice Blackers!
From memory the toasted always used to surf much better than the untoasted as well.
Garyg1412. Hi mate, so true, so true. AW
The captain surfed bigger and better than anyone .
‘Send In The Clouds’
Nice Alfred. We had 20 mm of rain between 5 and 7 pn last night. Bit damp for photos but looks like you had a ripper.
Blackers. Hi mate.
All three photos were taken at 6.40am yesterday morning. It was still very warm, 23c.
The radiance of the sunrise was tangerine like . I love the morning light. AW
Cirrus of a Lesser Dog
(important landmark film)
Basesix. Hi mate.
I think he’s looking at the waning light of the previous night sky.
You cannot be Sirius! Well yes you can, because Canis Major ( the Greater Dog) and Canis Minor (the Lesser Dog) are often depicted as Orion’s hunting dogs and are separate constellations, C.Major’s brightest star is. ‘ Sirius’
In fact Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky.
My hairy best mate is often looking skyward, he’s a very intelligent dog, watches planes fly overhead, he thinks they are birds from all the time spent with me observing birds. Don’t you love animals, I do. AW
I do indeed. sir. And your hairy mate looked smart as a whippet on the building site. Friendly and enthusiastic temperament, an intelligent and engaged companion. Here is as close a thing as Kurt Jackson has made to a 'song'.. a little treatise into how he feels when he engages with nature through his art, seems your sorta feller.
hope you're going okay mate, and the work isn't defeating you with your gammy leg. how's autumn feeling.. been able to go for a surf?
Basesix. Hi mate. Hope you’re having a good time.
Dogs, I love them.
Autumn is going well, not been in the water since late January at Cactus.
Medial ligament is still giving me grief but I can feel it’s gradually improving which is good. I need to get some good sessions in over the next couple of months around here on the reefs.
Gotta be fit to play at Lances Right in July.
Supafreak and I are going to tear it up on Sipora, can’t wait.
My bathroom and en suite job will be finished late next week.
I’ve had to step into the painters shoes as Adam12 Picasso has family caring duties which is more important than slapping a few coats on here and there.
I wish him well, I enjoy conversing with him.
I hope you’re family is well also. AW
we're all travelling well at the moment @AW, thank you.
Navigating a few rellies, as we all get older and weirder,
which is part of the deal if you are lucky enough to have rellies about.
Sounds like you're on top of the leg (so to speak). If you view it from the point of view that the knee was gonna give you jib regardless, the fact that you have something really positive to aim towards as it heals is kinda brilliant. Getting a bathroom finished is good. In my experience, bathroom renos ain't knee friendly.
@AW , not my photo but I know you love animals and clouds .
Supafreak. Hi mate.
How’s that wrist ?
I can report in that my knee feels like it’s turned the corner , no longer wakes me at night when I toss and turn ( more tossing then turning).
In a fortnight I’m attempting to surf again.
Great photo, photographer was definitely exhausted!!!!. Phew !!! AW
Wrist is still a bit tender, not lifting anything with it , possibly go for a paddle tomorrow . Glad to hear you’re on the mend . After this swell there isn’t much on the horizon for awhile.
This guy was on the side of one of my water tanks today. Approximately 70mm in diameter.
What a beautiful invertebrate (moth).
It’s native to Oz.
Red Lined Looper Moth (Cripsiphona ocultaria). Member of the Geometridae
Looks furry up close, AW.
Stunning fella spotted today. About 10 inches long.

Seeds. Hi mate. How’s things ?
The moth looked papery, almost fake.
Your lizard is brilliant, totally black.
Are you not in Queensland ? I’ve only seen those dark morphs down here. . AW
Rottnest @AW
what the fuck is that night fury @seeds? that is one cool mega skink!!
Yeah dark as dark can be. Was two of them. Bugger the quokkas. Although I spotted a quokka when riding around the island. Got up close for some pics and rode off thinking I was very fortunate to see one in the middle of a stinking hot day. Got to the pub for a couple of pre ferry brewskis and the buggers are running around everywhere looking to raid some stray hot chips. Bloody pub quokkas.
Those bloody pub quokkas can be real rowdy , lure you out the back, take ya thongs off your feet whilst looking for Ventii papers in ya boardies pocket.
I see Perth is about to get one of its hottest March months on record. AW