More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Shifty fookers AW. re the heat we timed it atrociously. Actually the lack of humidity is the saving grace.

This was cool. Homemade sailer and homemade board.
I don’t miss much in the biological world, always looking at the ground.
Early this morning I was blown away by the overnight movements of a common gastropod, Garden Snail.
Out on the deck the snail must have tried to lick the dogs bowl clean so to speak, then travel in all manner over a dog mat and left its mark.
It’s gliding slime is made out of water, minerals , carbohydrates and proteins.
The things you see. AW
Stacked to the horizon.

Funky snail art AW.
Some more clouds.

Playing with some new software.
Clouds theme contribution. Wide angle.


Nice.
Great stuff fella’s keep them coming.
Blackers. Hi mate. ^^ Brilliant stuff, loving your experiments with new software. Results are amazing. Keep up the fine work, AW
Seeds. Hi fella, hope you and your lovely are enjoying the Indian Ocean pleasures.
Beautiful shots of the clouds and all other natural beauty.
I counted 12 different colours and shades in one of the photos. West is best the locals say. AW
Here is one from a fortnight ago at 6.40am heading to my Reno job on the bay.
5 different sources of light (4 artificial,1 natural) amongst the scurry to work. AW
magic, @AW, reminds again of clarice beckett, geelong site shows a good array of her work, cars, wet evenings, collins st, st kilda and broad bay views exemplary of light use in tonalism..
https://www.geelonggallery.org.au/claricebeckettatmosphere
my favourite ben quilty.. smashingly confident and impressionistic city scape

Ooh, that’s nice, I want one. AW
Loving the west AW.
Blackers I just realised the cloud reflected in your pic is bouncing off wet sand not water. I zoomed in on my phone. All pics must be more impressive viewing on a pc or laptop screen, of which I own neither.
which software are you trying out blackers?
What's the verdict, any good?
Ordinary photo but still...
No greater love than a father and the dog he didn't want.
ahhhh so good stu....
The classics. Not inside... Not on the couch... Not on the bed...
Hi fliplid.
I am planning ahead for losing my work computer and the free Lightroom/PS sub that comes with it and thought I'd try ON1 PhotoRaw as you can buy it outright for under $100 at the moment. Its seems pretty good for quick processing and edits, but slow to load on the laptop compared to the others. Not sure about the colour palette but it is easy to navigate and has some interesting AI applications making it like many phone photo apps now. Will compare it against Canon DPP at some point to see whether it is any better. Jury is out still.
Hi blackers, I might have to get new software sometime soon as well, the desktop computer recently gave up the ghost and laptop is playing up so I'm not sure if what software I have will transfer over to a new computer.
I've had ON1 for a few years (so a previous version to what you are using) but stopped using it as I found it wasn't as intuitive or as good on the highlights as Capture One which I tend to use the most. You should have a look at DXO Photolab on a free trial as it is fairly good, again I'm using a previous version but it is simple to use and you can really good results although a bit slower when exporting jpgs than LR and Capture One, no cataloguing or key wording in my version but not sure about the current software. By chance I used the Canon DPP the other day and was impressed with it and wondered why I bothered with all the others!
Not my photo but got a laugh out of this monkey trying to apply lipstick with his dipstick .
Hehe, there was one in Padma St many many years ago that the locals would tickle with a feather, female pedestrians were the target
Thanks for the advice Fliplid.
Similarly, I have tried some different options, including Capture 1. I want something that works well and I can use across different raw formats (principally Canon and Fuji with some older Nikon files I have lying around). Capture 1 is fine, but more expensive than I want to commit to at present. DPP is simple and effective, but it crashes my current setup and does not process the Fuji files. May have to stick with Lightroom and PS but not a fan of the cataloging system they use (too far gone with my own haphazard file management approach) or the subscription model. A schmick up-to-date bit of hardware, unencumbered by work-based software bloat may be all I need to find the love again. As will not working any more and having time to fart about on things I enjoy.
Most sublime swimming spots today.


Seeds. Hi pal. Nice weather 33c in Perth today.
Rottnest looks great, so do your photos.
Are you on the ‘kit off’ beach or ‘kit on’.
Make sure all regions have been slip slopped and definitely slapped. Have fun guys. AW
Haha I’m a kit on kinda guy.
Rottnest was great but this place is greater. I’m sure it has an unruly persona at times with those Southern Ocean storms that slip by. But not today.
Looks noice. Glad to hear it's kit on, wouldn't want to scare the horses.
haha,
(the top pic's just like I imagined, @sr on the rock rubbing his eyes, Caithness to the far left checking the bushes for spot-fires, @mikehunt207 in the shallows, tackle out for the tourists..)
Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Sweet baby jebus that place looks amazing.
my missus grew up in that area ,(walpole , denmark ,albany ), she used to have swimmming lessons at greens pool she said,
amazing beaches and coastline , very open to the elements,
Old dog, old trick, but doesn't want to scare the horses so modesty prevails.

Countdown is on , 2 weeks to go .It will be good to catch up with JC again , 77 and still having a go .



Wish I could join you and AW, maybe next year :)
Seaslug. Hi pal.
We’d love you to come on a surf trip anywhere next year. End of this year I’m going back for 5 weeks to the same place I spent Summer 2025, that oasis in the desert in SA and I’ll be definitely going on at least two Indo trips in 2026.
Give us heads up later this year and we will go somewhere, I’m excited already.
As a bird observer, I’ve a saying, any day spent in the field is a good day, well it’s the same for surf trips, anytime you’re away is a good day, footloose and fancy free, time stands still when you don’t have to be somewhere or do something . Love it. AW
Nice roadtrip.



Blackers. Oh, beautiful pal. I hope you got amongst it. I’ve spent the better part of the day watching the Winki/Bells cam.
My medial damaged knee is still not fit to play. A few more weeks I’m hoping. AW
Looks good. Sun is out and a few lining up. Hope you had a bit if me time.
Cheers lads, was a nice day, pumping all along the coast. Rest up Alfred, you have a big Indo trip ahead of you.
Beautiful line up, lovely photos, heal up young Alfred .
Head in the clouds fella again.
These two caught my eye this afternoon. Too long to fit in a photo, the actual cloud looked like a kilometres long sausage roll. AW
Morning AW how’s that knee coming along ? My wrist is all good, just have the niggling shoulder to contend with .
Moonset this morning from NL looking towards ND .
Lovely!
That new big place up and running now Supa. It’s lit up like Fort Knox
Supafreak. Hi mate, hope things are good at your end.
Knee still gives me sharp pain in one direction, when I turn it inwards but apart from that it’s much improved.
I’m attempting a surf tomorrow morning, we’ve got a nice warm 31c forecast with light winds out of the NNW-NW sector with a forecast 4ft of swell, low tide early, so I’m a bit excited, but slightly nervous about injuring it again, any feeling of doubt I’m straight out of the water.
I hope you’re getting wet, your trip is upcoming.
Lovely photos of your region
Just read back to our posts, we sound like we are falling apart, your wrist, now shoulder, my knee and brain, inevitable ageing, but hey we are having a crack,
I use your older surf trip companions and my uncle as inspiration, all in their mid to late 70’s and still frothing to surf.
We’re just grommets at heart.
All the best. AW
Nah it’s not finished, has a skeleton crew working on it just chipping away. It’s all still in the courts as land was sold twice . Marriot were given a 20 year contract to run it then told the deal was off so they are also in court . Lawyers having a field day . The local who sold the land to two different parties, did 3 years jail , came out and built a huge bar and live band venue .
@AW , just don’t go doing any big air manoeuvres and you’ll be right . Enjoy ya surf mate , you must be hanging to get in the salt water .
Geez Louise!!
Wow, it really dominates the view. Hopefully doesn't flood the existing places with light pollution, one of the reasons we liked NL so much was how low key it was.
Things are changing fast , so many boutique shops and restaurants opening up . Every second person is moving here . Lots of people that have lived in Bali for a number of years also relocating . I’m sure the Canggu crowd are eyeing the place off and looking at all the possibilities for businesses to open up . Lembongan has maintained a 11.00 pm curfew on noise so that may deter some as it’s more of a family oriented lifestyle rather than party town .Come July August September the traffic is getting a bit much, especially with so many drunken idiots on bikes .