More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Bit hard to understand you AW. Is your deduction from the leaves or the trunks.
You’re a mess mate.
Seeds hello. You’re very clever. I’m always a ‘ mess mate’.
Leaves, look at the leaf petiole the little stalk that the leaf is attached to the stem. you can see the oblique angle . AW
Yet another one from my happy place today
GuySmiley.
Nice angles and light. AW
Nice photos all.
Some pleasing light, lines and colours from the first weekend of winter. Nice food and wine as well.


Blackers. Hi mate. Great work with all those aspects you’d mentioned.
Ornamental Pears. Pyrus ussuriensis or Pyrus calleryana or cultivars of either ? Good stuff. AW
That’s something we don’t see up here much but I’m scoping out a photographers yellowing avenue near here. I’ll be out there in a few days and I think it’s ready.
A couple of cold nights will do it. Btw, saw Lake Eyre around 60% full about 15 years ago, place comes alive. Coober Pedy is an odd place so yeah, nah, not sure I'd bother. William Creek, by the lake, is about a small town as you will find, and the Flinders Ranges, Wilpena Pound, is beautiful any time of year.
Cheers Blackers
Have been to Coober Pedy. Never checked the lake out.
Apparently the lake is maxing in a few weeks as full as a goog. Been 50 years since.
It’s tempting to get out there.
If you can, do it. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Take your time.
I think I’m going to have to do it.





Here’s some pics at Dalhousie. Sunset and last one is a sunrise swim.
Wow
Fantastic photos guys ^^
Looks like a swingers convention to me. Now, where’s my keys ? . AW
Haha it’d be a perfect winter nudist retreat.
Exhilarating nonetheless swimming at sunrise when air temp is zero and water temps around 38ish.
Magic spot.
Seeds. This show us ya photos is a good thread. Just makes me add spots to my must go to list without having to do the research. AW
Yes messy mate, I love it too. I’m only really happy when I’m not home. It’s just me.
ps. Note those date palms next to the Dalhousie Homestead ruins. It’s nuts that anyone thought they could have any sort of pastoral existence there except for the springs upwellings there.
Me too. Happy when I’m not at home. I become a free bird.
Mine starts next Sunday, carrrrrrnt wait, 6 weeks of bliss.
Those date palms are rock solid tough. You’ve been to some great places.
I’m very impressed you get around a lot, as I say, we are only here for a relatively short time, long time pushing up daisies. AW
Enjoy your Indo travels.
I think I’d like to travel with you on one of your flora fauna avian trips.
It’s good learning something.
Seeds. Thanks. Supa and I will do our best to keep everyone back here entertained.
Yes, I know you and I would enjoy each others company, get on well and see stuff uninterrupted by others, enjoy serenity and no noise from anyone else.
I’ve deduced over the last few years, the ones I do over about 18 days does the trick, not too long or short, cover heaps of territory and kilometres and see amazing biological life especially birds and plants, often skirting the coast for a wave now and then.
I’m a doer, if I say I’m going somewhere, I go, I always make holiday plans whilst on a holiday.
Let’s try for next year, say mid to late May, I’ll drive up and we can head out west of QLD or NSW, or even duck into NT, I want to be warm.
I’m sure we could work towards a gig like that. AW
Let’s do it.
Imagine if a couple of others came along.
The not surf trip.
i'm in.
(btw, what's the window to enjoy the lake eyre at its best this cycle y'all reckon?)
Do you own any binoculars?
I’d love it if B6 or Blackers or GuySmiley, Reform, anyone interested in seeing stuff they’ve not seen before or places never visited, you gotta live life otherwise what are we here for. Later this year we can chat about it. Great stuff. AW
Start of July I’m sussing but as it aligns with the cold winter the evaporation will be so much slower and it should extend much longer than usual.
Sure do, only the best, for clarity and vision your gear costs a fair Bob but you invest once for life.
I use Swarovski, most do, $4K for lifetime guarantee binoculars. I’ve got two pair
8x32 which B6 identified in a photo one trip and 12x42 $5K for long range observation. I’d be happy to offer you to use one of them no problem at all. AW
Holy crap that’s some expensive gear.
i reckon @bbbird's in
It’s all to do with the glass clarity and composition of materials.
Swarovski glass is incredible, you’ve never seen a bird or anything so clear as when you see it through this glass. As a bird observer minute details can be the key to identifying a species, without this glass you miss important details.
A spotting scope is $12K.
The glass on the visors of the Moon Landing astronauts was Swarovski, made in Austria.
With birds you can sometimes identify down to eye lash detail, they are amazing, I don’t go anywhere without binoculars, because the very day you don’t have them, you miss a bird or some other organism. AW
Some more from the Golbourn River region.
Imgbb playing up @Blackers
Sadly appears to be. Give it a couple hours perhaps.
Edit: working now
Some golden hues.
Not so much golden but 25 years back did a Vicco road trip mid winter. After coming down from Hotham did some nostalgia stops.
Buchan Caves… the pool was fenced off. (Not that I would have swam)
Told the missus no matter we’ll be toasty at Metung hot springs… Springs long since silted up and not flowing.
Next on to Lakes Entrance….as beautiful as ever and while no weeping willows it was magic sitting water side in the late arvos, wetting a line and catching nothing.
Sadly those pics are long gone but that’s the memories you’re pics elicited in me.
Sorry no photo.
After heavy rains in the Arizona desert, a surprising phenomenon repeated itself at Wupatki National Monument: hundreds of Triops, prehistoric three-eyed crustaceans, emerged from eggs that had been dormant underground for years.
They were seen in 2021 and reappeared in 2023 after another monsoon. These “living dinosaurs” live only a few weeks, but their lineage dates back more than 350 million years. Scientists consider them a fascinating example of extreme adaptation.
Nature holds amazing secrets… and sometimes, after the rain, it decides to reveal them in a puddle in the middle of the desert.
Nice work seaslug, did you see them? Apparently we have our own species in Aus too, Triops australiensis . You can grow your own at home from a kit, like sea monkeys.
Hi Blackers, no unfortunately was something my sister sent me that I found interesting. I didn't know that, checking Dr Google now, thanks for that
Loving the weather up here lately. Went out to check the yellow avenue today. Still not doing it.

I found a different angle to see the K Bluff though.
I'll never get sick of that green and blue, great shot seeds.
The sky is awesome at the moment without the humidity.
Green for sure still but I noticed some real browning off in a lot of spots which gave me feelings that the normal seasons have arrived after the crazy wet and warm Autumn.
Landprints
Air and light clarity, brilliant at present. AW
Sunshine and Swallows over a subdued Tasman Sea

shoredump. Lovely hues. AW
What crop is that AW?
Great pic shoredump. Water looks lovely.
Never a dull day. AW.




Seeds. Hi mate.
Recently (3 weeks) a germinated cultivar of Barley ( Hordeum vulgare).
It’s all pre-sold to C.U.B before it’s even harvested. Farmers do well out of it.
It’s my good neighbour, I’m allowed to roam 24/7 on any of their properties.
On that farm in the photo, the bird life is incredible but so is the fauna, phascogales, antechinus, kangaroos, wallaby, possums, micro bats, frogs, snakes etc.
Many trees hundreds of years old with loads of habitat hollows for birds or other fauna. AW
Dark n sharky looking when it's overcast, but when the sun comes out it pops
Nice photos chaps.
Love the photos posted today and yesterday …great stuff
Third that, Seeds that bluff shot is beautiful, as is Shories, and the bark borers by AW. Excellent.
A couple of shots from the weekend..