More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Nice. Lovely sky, good looking volcanic peak.
The best camera is the one you have with you. Phones are fantastic for that job.
Great time of day @seeds, fading light and birdsong
I liked how you could see the showers in the distance in the light band.
Ooh golden showers,......
I like that too Seedsy. (You are a rapscallion, Blackers)
Soz, have been out celebrating a millstone adjacent birthday. Haven't been called a rapscallion for many a decade. Cheers Wax
haha, 'millstone'..
merry returns, @blackers ; )
Hahaha... i very much enjoyed just typin out the letters on that one, Blackers. A fleeting moment of joy in a life blessed with those. Funny how the bad stuff lingers more easily. Or maybe that is just me? Anyways... i will echo Base on the Merry Returns.
an empathetic person who has social intelligence winces about their life several times an hour, @wax.
You’re a bloody ratbag Blackers.
(same meaning colloquially @Waxxy)
and so do i, Base ;)
I really did like the showers in the band of golden light. I gotta wait a few months for any rain, here. And we got a fire season to wade through between now and then.
Yes I have been called that many a time seeds. And thanks for the kind words. Btw Base, millstone adjacent. Big one next year. 3 generations at the table, from 24 to 92 years, for a convivial evening.
Brilliant shot ...
Award Winner.
"Sthn Ocean Weather Girl" ...
Doesn't look like Jane Bun
ch7 weather.
Cropping land gives wide vistas.

A good feeling of assured calmness hit me seeing this. Then…….
bit of pub reading for you, @seeds - the savannah theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savannah_hypothesis
Savannah, the new definition, sounds like the bush up northern oz.
Becoming bipedal surely wouldn’t necessarily mean old traits devolved, just a broader adaptability.
yeh, good points.. I remember reading some savannah theories suggesting 'when we can clearly see a distance, and our subconscious can see there is no impending threat to us, we function better' type thing; calm = quality thinking vs. adrenaline = manic thinking.
Hunting on the open land would have presented its challenges. You see dinner it sees you.
Were Australia’s first people the only ones to burn the scrub?
Pretty smart to realise the prey potential.
Road tripping pics from today.




Privileged to see another coastline of OZ.







Had someone show me a couple of spots at sunset today. Off to drier climes tomorrow.
Nice seeds, that part of the coast has a couple of cracker waves.
Great shots from the road @seeds, must be clocking up the kms
Great pics!!
Beautiful shots seeds
Ah the blue lake, a beautiful spot to wash the dirt off a rock lobster. Great work Seedsy, travel safe.
"Out here thee isn't anything..."
You have just come up with the name of your album, Seeds.
Different country, different times, same feeling.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Nice winter weekend down this way. Not as immediately photogenic as the Flinders Ranges trek but nice none the less. Fun sesh yesterday arvo followed by a stunning sunset.



^^ very nice shots of the hoax coast there @blackers
Looks pretty good to me @blackers
Cheers lads.
exquisite
I went out to Lake Eyre. It was nearly to capacity. Hard to capture any scale on land. I couldn’t get a flight at William Creek but there was seats left on arvo flight from Marree but by the time I bounced back down the Oodnadatta track I’d just missed it. Oh well, another time.

It’s hard to believe this is a cattle station you drive through to the Lake. That artesian basin is an incredible thing.





I came across some beautiful mound springs that had some good output. These made the arid interior habitable for 10s of thousands years.




https://www.friendsofmoundsprings.org.au/about-mound-springs/
Beautiful glow last night on the back roads to Carinda pub where Bowie shot some of Let’s Dance film clip.



Swim this morning at Lightning Ridge Bore Baths.
Heading home today via a couple more rest stops (pubs)
Awesome stuff seeds, thanks.
Yes a ripper trip. Thanks for sharing.
oh, mate! you got there! was that the joint you posted a while back and wanted to have another go at?
First decent sunset for weeks.

Hey Supa,
That’s on fire.
I see the wreck is nearly wrecked.
Good stuff all round mate!
There’s a eerie calmness at the moment before this swell hits , going to be a few father son teams washed into the lagoon, hopefully unscathed . Some big low tides again next week so more crap should be cut up and removed . No idea what they will do with the 52 tonne of counterweight . It will take some serious volume of gas to cut through , into pieces small enough to physically carry onto their boat . Ideally they could scull drag the tracks and counter weight out further and create a dive spot further out from the break . Highly doubt they would do this however .
Looking forward to the photos and stories AW.
Been on the ‘couch’ all night, bit of a sub-surface beach party, ‘Only A Hermit Crab Knows The Feeling’
Lances Right, Katiet, Sipora, Indonesia.
Selamat pagi swillnutters







Not sure how this will look. Happy to have caught it.

Are they avian or mammalian?
Gotta be avian heading home to roost.
Avian. Cormorants flying home.
Cool pic! Sorta looks like Elon’s satellites.
I just googled, not thinking you get fruit bats down there, but apparently you do. Is this true? None the less they don’t fly in any sort of formation.
We have a resident flying fox in our street. The dog goes nuts when he sees it flying about. Probably lonely as he is a long way from the big groups. But he hangs around.