More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Still got another trip or two to do this season Craig? That cover is starting to look a bit thin?
Cool little hut.
Still plenty up high but it's melting quick and the coming rain won't help.
Will wait for the easier access Charlotte's to open before hitting it again, if it hangs in there.
New lens to play with.

Sharp.
Nothing quite so meritorious here. Thumbs up for Bugs' thumbs up shirt - just arrived in the mail today.
Reminiscent of VEEPs Kent Davidson.
Same role for Bugs?
And does that make Andy Gary Walsh?
Dunno about any of that, never watched it, but in other matters, if you look closely you'll see your recent kiss of death - you know the MTB warning? - landed right on my bottom lip.
Nine stitches thank you very much.
One up you there Stu. I got 11 stitches from just one of my MTB mishaps.
Got to get me one of them!
My mtb mishap saw me put my top teeth clear through the skin below my bottom lip, internal and external stitches. Nice T
Smiley indeed!
upload
38c that day, 700m climb up the side of a mountain. I drank 1.2L of powerade & 3L of water, didn't piss a drop though...
Well worth the significant effort to get there and kick back and watch that sunset progress.
Two thumbs up all round!
Nice, blowfly, what is it?
And JQ, wow, I've done that hike but it wasn't as green and as lush. What a special zone, did it remain like that post the fires?
Craig I was going to answer a bee on a pea plant....but then I realised you were asking about the lens. It's a Canon 100mm Macro 2.8 (not the IS). It's a tricky little bugger to get used to, probably best on a tripod. If you are hand holding it's hard to get a good shutter speed with enough depth of field ..... but it opens up a whole new range of subject matter so I am working my way along the learning curve.
Nice, yeah I don't have a macro, but my brother recently got one and he's got some beautiful shots. With the lower aperature you should be able to get a high enough shutter speed, ie more light getting in. Just maybe need a steadier hand or as you said tripod? Try 1/500 of a second or higher.
It's more about depth of field Craig. Unless you have the whole object in a single plane you need to stop down to get it all in focus which means a lower shutter speed for the same ISO. I'm still experimenting but I will post if I come up with a good combination
Ah sorry I thought you wanted more DOF, not less.
I think we are at cross purposes. I usually want more. With the bee shot I had to go to ISO 6400 to get down to f11. That's OK for web use or standard size prints but pretty high for anything else.
Yep gotcha, tripod would def be the go.
And also setting the shoot mode to 2s delay, so once you press the shutter it doesn't interfere with the shot.
A little ring flash will also help with the macro work.
Paging Gary G.
Happy to set them up Zen. Nice to see the Swellnet universe operating as normal.
We cant travel far down here so I have been focussing on the little things close to home.



Wow blackers, stunning!! Well done.
Awesome.
It's the little things that matter.
Beautiful blackers. I have been looking at ring flashes and ring lights and will go that way at some stage. The Canon model is pretty expensive so I will start with something else.
Beautiful photos blackers
re earlier references to tripods and GaryG ..... wonder if the great man can confirm it’s so big he bought a shoe for it years ago and makes it walk .....
Sometimes you would guess the average age here to be about 15.
The bush across the road has had flocks of black cockatoos on and off most of the year. Their favourite trick is to wait until you are about a metre away and flap, shrieking out into the track in front of you. After a couple of days, the joke wears thin and they just wait for someone different to come along.
Thanks gents. Blowfly, re the flash, I went with a cheapy from Amazon, $120. It works fine with my Canon. Has ttl metering so you can dial in your desired aperture and play with the shutter speed to either show or hide the background. The only concern is the mounting ring is a bit dodgy (over to you Zen) but I have just permanently attached it to an old filter.
Nah, I'm done Blackers, gotta do my homework or grandpa will get cranky.
Btw, nice pic and accompanying story grandpa.
ゆ
Aww blowie getting all pious, that’s very funny in itself. the bush behind my place is full of black cockies off and on they chase the pine nuts, been regulars since the last big fires in the highlands NE of Melbourne when many of the granddaddy trees were burnt beyond regrowing ... meanwhile on that note there is news how the LNP are watering down environmental protection laws against expert advice but who gives a toss, right?
The Tumble Downs
car pictures gallery download
Ah yes, getting it wired now. On the tripod, f18 1/5th 100 ISO.

Like this topic so thought I'd join the fray...
One from a few years back traveling through central asia.
Two little houses on the prairie
.Nice work blowfly.
Nice blowfly! And I edited Carpetman, you didn't have the IMG URL but the page URL. Right click the image to get the URL I pasted in there.
PS insane shot, that with some touch up work and contrast would come out amazing.
Linking downhilling and the fun loving nature of parrots, love watching a flock of galahs, for no apparent reason other than sheer joy and adrenaline dive bombing a clump of trees at full speed and shrieking wildly as they rear though them. Close to my favourite bird.
Agreed Craig, great composition by carpetman. That heat haze is a bugger sometimes.
Something like that..
The last shot Craig, amazing light and atmosphere
Not mine GS, Carpetman with the gold! I roughly edited from his post above.
Sick pic but looks so much better edited.
Hows the faces in the landscape there is like a resting crocodile or dragon in the first hill and then there is like Jawa from star wars type figures in the bigger hills to the centre left.
A photo of me taken by Guy Williment..
Second run down the second chute for the day, not quite as good as the first, as I was showing a friend the route, but so so fun!
Did you use photoshop for carpetman's photo Craig?
Wow! Thanks Craig! Nice to see it tidied up.
Didn't need any skill with the camera over there. The landscapes did all the work. I like how the two little houses are completely eclipsed by the surrounding landscape.
Taken at Yashikul in Tajikistan.
Love all the photos everyone uploads on here too!
Yep blowfly.
So dry and desolate up there eh Carpetman!