More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
A bit of "Easter" on the "Island" maybe??
Solid tree there Shorey, and ah yes I see Gary!
Today I went somewhere that I haven't been in a long while. Here's a few keepers from what was a pretty magic day.







Beautiful, and a cracker day with storms to end it as well!
Yes, cracker storm tonight here too!
I was thinking today how much it felt like the 'calm before the storm' vibe.
An old haunt.
Thnx
Hey West of, nice pics. Snap!




Good stuff Chinny
Same area a while back with a cracker storm front
Old mate droppd into the harbour this morning for a feed.

Healthy seal blowfly!
Cracker rise in solitude yesty..
Solitude?
Looks beautiful.
Have to go there one day.
Go by yourself..
Been a few magic sunrise and sunsets recently.

This recent swell has done wonders for the banks. I was expecting a huge in-shore-parallel gutter but found the opposite this morning. (You know where Craig :)
On da! Mates scored on the weekend...
Rubs hands together with glee (hoping that wetsuit repair kit arrives before Thursday)...
Sunset across Port Phillip Bay just before stage 4
Winter weekends..
Darn nice Craig from someone in stage 4 lockdown :(
Who needs the tropics Craig when you have water colours like that and little drainers to boot.
Saturday evening above my mate's family farm..
Nice one Craig
Thanks, got a few scratches and ticks getting to that vantage point.
Ticks? Heard of Lyme disease Craig, it’s horrific. Although locally acquired cases aren’t really proven if you come across ticks often it might be worth getting a kit.
Also Craig besides lymes disease their is this.....ive had it and was hospitalised for 4 days .......
https://www1.racgp.org.au/ajgp/2018/june/queensland-tick-typhus
Yeah, took two tiny ones off within a couple of hours but will keep an eye out for any more that may have still been on me.
When I sat tiny, like 1-2mm.
The little buggers are in plague proportion down here at the moment. You need a full coat of repellant for a bush walk. I am not sure why, maybe the rain after the drought and a reduction in their usual hosts after the fires.
You might be on to something their Blowfly re: hosts. Lyme disease is common in the northern hemisphere and especially in the US with the host being wild deer. While locally acquired cases aren't proven as a life long bush walker I am increasingly seeing feral deer when walking e.g. Gariwerd is full of them.
Here, here guys -be wary of the ticks, mongrel things. I'm convinced some form of 'lyme' or a related disease is here in Aus. I've been plagued by poor health, all sorts of weird symptoms, since getting hammered numerous times 20 odd years ago in the northern rivers region. Later discovered I had Q-Fever antibodies, so likely that was picked up from them at the least.
And thanks for the link Simba - that is very interesting. Hope you are doing well after that and not having long-term lingering effects
We've found a few ticks on our dog lately. But strangely some juvenile ticks (there's a stage where they look just like adults, but really small) AND some adult ticks as well. This is unusual. The fully formed adults don't show up until mid-late spring once the warmer weather hits. We've had a few very warm days up here this "winter". I suspect that has fast-tracked the lifecycle for a few. Time to get the slasher in as the grass is a bit high and gives them plenty to hold onto and a nice cool spot to do it. Probably wise too with fire season coming...
Not my photo but worth a share.
The snow finally arrived. Saturday was as good as Aussie powder gets, light as, cold and free refills all day.
guthega?
Yep, best low hanging fruit for storm riding.
totally.
so many good tree runs.
Yew! Faceys.
Nice.
Dropping in out west, photo by my mate Blake..
And sunset..
Incredible, Craig.
Epic.
Bugger from lockdown MP :)
Yeah sorry Vicco peeps (GS), though at least the nice pictures hopefully bring some joy and light :)
All good Craig keep posting but needless to say I’m busting my chops right now to get a surf or a big bush walk in.
Yep, great motivation eh. The froth to get out and about and enjoy the simple things must be palpable.
Sure is Craig but rightly I'll not be alone when the restrictions are lifted, going to take along time for it all to wash through :(
I've always wanted to find and visit this hut, luckily I spotted it on the weekend.
Hints of Norway..
Wicked.
Is that like a hikers hut that anyone can stay in like we have here?
how does the ground stay snow free?
Nah emergency hut to capture people possibly coming down from Kosi and seeking shelter but to stop them going deeper into the wilderness.
Can use during the day but not stay there overnight.
And the snow's melted because the hut gets warmer than the snow through the day.
Classic heat island effect.
Darn - super crisp air, the crack of snow under foot, big skies and horizons, tired bodies and the expectation of the best tasting coffee at the first cafe on the drive home. Keep them Craig mighty fine work.
Thanks for the photos Craig you take a cracking frame, living in WA I forget that part of Australia exists looking at your photos I do start dreaming..
Cheers
Thanks I focus, yeah Australia really is the land of contrasts!
And GS, totally, that big feast and beer/coffee post adventures like this is the icing on the cake.