More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
Or dressed up as Santa with little kiddies sitting on their knees for photos?
Are you comparing drag queens to clowns? How dare you.
Nope, I don’t do that either. Santa isn’t real, we teach our kids to tell the truth while we lie to them about fictional characters to behave.
What a messed up world we live in.
Last few posts deleted. If they return then this thread goes off the homepage for good.
That’s a mean , deranged , evil clown , speaking of clowns, trump being elected has more or less gifted him a get out of jail free card , sentencing for the crimes he’s been convicted of , have been delayed until November 26 th but some believe that won’t even go ahead .
You should google Pogo the Clown.
There is a long tradition of men dressing as women, and in many different cultures as well. Maybe you've tried it once or twice burley? Anyhoo, it's all about the rich diversity of human expression which doesn't hurt anyone else. I know if my kid saw a drag queen reading a story he'd be fascinated and would ask me many questions which would open an interesting conversation on the diversity of humanity.
It's all about diversity burley. What is it about that word you feel so threatened by?
Why do adult males even want to dress in drag and read books to little kids?
It’s as simple as that. Completely unnecessary.
couldn't be more stoked you're contributing more @Hiccups, aside from your advice to thieve from the big 2 like a motherfucker (haha), I dig where you sit. Sugar tits, too. But @burls is making sense here, innit? Anyone engaging in performance art while reading to my kid... well that just makes my kid a prop to the needs of the performer.. I don't think my kids had a lack of blurred-line role models, therefore they don't really need to sit there while someone 'expresses themself' when they signed up for a book-reading.
I have no problem with men walking around in skirts, or theys walking around doing whatever, going about their daily business. But deciding they would like the role or book-reader, designating my kid as audience to them, rather than the book? mmm, I'd pass, but good on people who might want that, that's not my business. (If it is a book about gender-blurring, then it makes total sense to me, btw).
(in the same way that we have a history of men dressing as women, etc etc, we also have a tradition of storytellers making themselves nigh-invisible and being at the service of the story).
(I've also stated before, some of the screeching banshee bitches getting about under the safety umbrella 'drag queen' are the most misogynistic creatures in our society.. I have numerous female friends in the performing arts that wonder why some drag queens feel the need to aggressively lampoon their gender)
That's not a very good comparison clowns have always been seen as entertainers of people of all ages and always focussed on kids.
Drag queens are adult entertainer's, adults find it amusing men pretending to be women playing up genderstereotypes or sexuality and some men get off on dressing up as women.
Comparing apples with apples would be comparing another type of adult entrainment with children.
How about topless women story time?
Since the dawn of time women have sat around topless telling kids stories, probably still happens in some tribal areas like the Amazon or Africa etc.
Nothing sexual about it for the kids, but i bet it would be a hit with the fathers and really get fathers involved with kids reading early.
But why would any women want to read books to kids topless? And what would be the purpose?
It's the same with drag queens, why would they want to read books to kids and whats the purpose?
Its grooming and just pushing the boundries as far as possible type thing, not grooming as you might think, it's a grooming of how some want society to see gender and sex as some non biological fluid thing, it's a get in early thing to mould kids into how they want people to view things.
Its why you dont hear of drag time story time for old people in retirement homes, even though they would love it, there is no use in grooming old minds (and yes Im sure its been done, but its not a big thing)
Just tell yr kid to stay home and enjoy the well-defined gender roles in the burley household. I'd like my kid to enjoy the show, the performance. Challenge the kids perceptions. Whats not to like? The rich tapestry of human expression. Just fabulous.
Burley, indo, baseix, flollo. You guys would be great fun at parties i reckon.
fcuk me, @indo, you made a good point. retirement homes take what they can get, it's a lonely wasteland in most. any drag book readings? They'd be valued and accepted, with funny discussion.. young trumps old when the valves give out.
@Tim, I have taken my kids to pg rated drag shows at the fringe, watched eddie izzard specials with 'em, they have rainbow people all over in their lives, and have the world as their oyster. but my problem is the sanctity of a book reading space. Leave egos and identity at the door, please.
…. it’s Mary G Queen of the Kimberly and not to be confused with Dandy Market
"sanctity"??
tots. stories - tales, myths, legends, fiction, reference, bios, travelogues, history, allegory.. what..?
human stories are much bigger than whatever sweaty daily bullshit 'people' get heffed up about, haha.
I asked burleigh that so I could answer with some context about why clowns are historically wildly more dangerous to children than drag queens, which is why I had to make a more succinct post telling him to google Pogo the Clown.
Bro, drag queens are entertainers, and most entertainers enjoy entertaining kids. They're reading books, not simulating sex acts. I'm not into furries now cos I sat in Fat Cat's knee when I was five years old. Fucken loved Fat Cat too, me.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/10169978
Wish I'd never, to make a point about Matt Gaetz, mentioned drag storytime. That's what THEY want US arguing about. Class war, not culture war.
^ ha, unreal article, @Hiccups, and I gotta admit, cos I work in the arts, I have a predisposition to cynicism. My default position when I hear 'artist', 'emerging', expressing', etc. is 'entitled', 'self-obsessed', etc. But truth be know, there are some wonderful people in the performing arts, who genuinely want to give while they entertain. Keep your sunny disposition re this, it is probably the right way to look at things, there's little reward in the arts these days in terms of money or glory, people are probably out to give and make synergistic happy-times, at the end of the day.
Adult entertainers.
Can you give any good reason why their shouldn't be topless women story time for kids?
Because all the dads would be sitting in the front row blocking their view.
Not if there's no adult content. Then they're just blokes in fancy dress as exaggerated women. A story as old as time (probably).
Not really, but it's a false equivalence, isn't it.
Your favourite team the Liberal Party had to be pressured to allow breastfeeding in public, so I should hope that you don't wanna see a pair of cans anywhere except the sanctity of your bedroom, preferably with the lights off.
Ah good to see the culture wars continue to be waged.
Back to the US, now the dust is settling here is Nate Silvers take. Hopefully not behind a paywall. Worth a read.
https://open.substack.com/pub/natesilver/p/its-2004-all-over-again?r=f2…
@info prefers his sexual deviants to be white straight men …. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/nov/15/trump-cabinet-pete-hegs…
Seriously, what's wrong with you deviants?
I'm with Burleigh on this one.
Fark that shit!! Wt actual Fuck?
Yep class is the thing we don’t talk about, but it’s never gone away.
Anyone know what time the fights on ?
Supafreak. Hi mate. It’s well over an hour ago it finished. The ‘influencer’ won on points.
Why was it only 8 2 minute rounds.
Highlights it was just a money grab.
Winner 40million, loser $20million, not bad for 16 minutes of boxing. AW
You didn’t miss anything, SF. Was really poor viewing, Judges were kind to Tyson. His age showed. It wasn’t sport. As AW, said it was just a money grab.
Anyway ive said what i need to on this issue.
In regard to LNP just because i vote for them (well for the first time last election) doesn't mean i agree with them on everything, i have zero issue with women breast feeding publicly and find it crazy that anyone would.
I dont have an issue with a whole heap of things that some conservatives might from nudest beaches to abortion, legal pornography, legal strip clubs, legal brothels, sex shops, drag queens or shows not aimed at kids, gay bars, decriminalisation even legalising of certain drugs, euthanasia, gun laws or many other things some conservatives might oppose, im not defined by who i vote for or what wing i lean towards.
fuck me @indo, that's a night on the town.
more power to you, I'm an early night feller these days.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/deluded-themsel…
dead right
if the 'drag queen' is dressed like dame edna...
no one gives a shit
but they are often not
they're more dame stripper than dame edna...
we don't let women do story time in suspenders an arse revealing skirt and bra
so why the free pass for questionable males of the species?
it's often sexualisation of children as much as any gender thing
but culture war-rers are gonna war
can't step out ya box... have an independent thought... or even raise a question...
90% of it is about getting in early
reprogramming
fuck that shit
let the kids be kids
first...
It was a very lame spectacle.
The women’s match before it was mental.
How did the young Aussie guy do?
Just looked at some stats , Tyson threw 97 punches landing 18 , over 8 x 2 minute rounds . It sucks that JP is now going to have Iron Mikes scalp on his record . Don’t think I will bother watching replay after reading the comments here .
Andy M. The anonymous, faceless, nameless..some would say chief protagonist on Swellnet.
So full of opinion and even higher in obscurity. Discuss women at your peril when Andy M is around, as you'll be a mansplainer and going against what Andy M believes to be the way of the blokes of swellnet. That obscure little club of nobodies that enjoy complete anonymity.
Heya Andy M!! Heading out to Lennox pub tonight with your bogan mates to pick on some women so you can post your bravado to SN.
Cheap meaningless bravado just to post from nothing to nothing..
Lets hear some more of your tales of conquest on the shores of Lennox.
And feel free to put your reeeeeal name to it.
USA USA!!
Is it that time again..?
Can you please, please just give it a rest?
Didn't they ban Fat Cat and Percy Penguin because they were not wearing pants?
"First they came for Fat Cat, and I said nothing, for I was wearing pants..."
Glad I got that in before the thread gets locked.
Well i did Stu. For a week. Yet i came back, and the incessant protaganists are there picking away at me, anonymously, all week while i was away. Did you pick them up too?
Nope.
Anyway. No worries.
You're the boss.
Your wish is granted.
I'm glad you did too. Nice paraphrase. Poor old Percy...
forgot this with @stu's 'opening track' comp
can't you do anything right @TheWhoSellOut?
and make more bands come to adelaide like pat todd does?
looking at my Pulley skate deck, and thinking, bands must get a kick out of
playing to a packed Cranker in Adelaide, the pre-arse-end of the world.
I always thought it was because of the fat word.
But seems not
In 1991, "Fat Cat and Friends" lost its "P" rating, after the Children's Program Committee claimed that Fat Cat was not clearly defined[8][9] (possibly including ambiguity of his gender),[1] had "poor production values",[9] and needed to be more educational.[1] Given the expense required to attain a "P" rating, the Seven network decided to cancel the show,[8][1] replacing it with The Book Place.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Cat_and_Friends
Speaking of fat, loved this cartoon, pity Cosby ended up being a sexual predator
The intro song still holds up too.
biil cosby's best work: what can we get for 63 cents?
...
“This is not about Trump,” my son suggested the following day. “It’s about your anger at the left.”
...
In the disgorgement of social media confessions that followed the election, I learned that I’m not alone. Millions of other people are just as fed up with the new left as I am. They felt the same guilty relief at the election results as I did, for the same reasons. Political commentator Wesley Yang said it best: “I still feel foreboding about Trump … But my schadenfreude toward the Democrats is totally untrammeled. I wanted to see them pay a price for their derangements.”
..."
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4991749-i-hate-trump-but-im-glad-h…
"...can't you do anything right @TheWhoSellOut?
and make more bands come to adelaide like pat todd does?
looking at my Pulley skate deck, and thinking, bands must get a kick out of
playing to a packed Cranker in Adelaide, the pre-arse-end of the world."
indeed
as someone who hates stadium gigs...
even big room indoor venues...
couldn't believe my luck when I heard DRI would play the crown and anchor
I don't even know how they can possibly make the economics of such things work - tickets weren't that expensive
was good though
for a bunch greying old men...
them, and us
Interesting story about Lady MAGA ……..,,,, Woods has also used his social media channels to echo the new conservative talking points against erstwhile allies. “Gays need to reclaim being JUST gay,” he tweeted last May. “We’re not ‘LGBTQIAXYZ’ groomers.” Recently Woods became an “ambassador” for Gays Against Groomers, a reactionary group that says it “opposes the sexualization and indoctrination of children,” which it claims includes “drag queen story hours”; “the transitioning and medicalization of minors”; and “gender theory being taught in the classroom.” https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/lady-maga-lonel…. Ladies & Gentlemen , introducing…………… Danny La Tramp