More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
;)
;);)
@adam12 Wow that’s interesting.
And yes I agree the government of the time acted similarly. They put it on the victim to prove their innocence. Exactly the opposite of the law where the police prosecutor has the onus to prove the guilt.
there's a few on here that could do with a visit from Mick Gatto lol ;)
joking of course for those with zero sense of humour lol
more YouTube blockers above lol ;)
gotta be quick
.... 'zero sense of humour' lol, that's u lol lololol
& @adam12:
"I don't see much difference between what these gangsters used to do and what our government did to the victims of Robodebt. Invent a debt and then make threats about the consequences of not paying.
It's the same fucking thing."
^ yep ;)
This is a disgrace.
Labor promised a corruption commission with teeth, well there we go.
Beyond words how pissed off I am with this news.
Me too Mr Mac. Doesn’t bode well for future investigations.
Shouldn’t of voted labor lol country has never been any good under them.
Hey all…. got called away for a coupla days. So this is stale now… but i saw a coupla guys run (not too far) with my Bruce Springsteen comments.
Lemme explain to ya…
A populist movement can only exist in the vacuum of ill will to authority. ‘the country has gone to hell, and only we can save it.’
Listen to/read the Republican rhetoric…. ‘this has become a third world country’ is the messaging.
I have no gripe with conservatives or conservative thinking. I view it as vital. No more or less than progressive thinking.
The right has been hijacked by a populist movement.
It coulda been the left that was hijacked… but it happened to be the right.
So, a populist movement has to deconstruct, to the best of it’s ability, the trappings of the society it is trying to tear down.
Bruce Springsteen is an easy target for this form of Red Meat.
He has publicly opposed trump.
Go ahead and investigate some more, Indo.
You’ll see the target he has become.
I am not sticking up for Bruce Springsteen.
He doesn’t need it, anyway.
Jus shinin a light on a movement and how it moves.
Well enlighten us carrot cake. Who the hell are you voting for now you don’t vote Liberal? What right wing racist nationalist party are you voting for? You sure aren’t voting for the Greens or some leftist independent.
Hi Waxxy!
Wax on!
;)
great personality and songwriter.. the only criticism I'd rate a bit on brucie is this kinda thing regarding his folk expressions (which I enjoyed).. his faux southern drawl.. but then, we pump out aussies who love that stuff, like nick cave and kasey chambers, so we'd be the last country to be justified in poking criticism at such things..
https://artsfuse.org/181/faux-folk/
G'day waxy.
I had seen your post and had also seen the dissing of Bruce by the MAGAs.
They have the same, maybe even more visceral, reaction to Taylor Swift.
Then there's De Niro. I've been enjoying some of his work in the anti Trump space for a while now.
Never mind Tyson v Jake Paul, Trump v DeNiro is the bout I'd pay to see!
Populism is on the rise elsewhere, not just the USA.
A disturbing trend.
But when millions feel disenfranchised by the political system, that it is ignoring them and gives them nothing, it's ripe pickings for a populist like Trump.
Can't tell you how surprised and disappointed I was that American democracy proved to be so febrile that it not just elected a guy like Trump as President, but so far has been unable to hold him accountable. That he's probably going to get in again.
God help the free world.
Never mind the porn star payment cover up or even the election interference or the stolen classified files or the matters leading to his impeachments. I saw with my own eyes an insurrection, led by him, a violent attack on Congress, with gallows, an attempt to seize power an overturn an American election.
Never thought I would ever see that.
Seems everyone except Trump got jail time for that.
Seems Trump is like an orange Rorschach blot. Everyone sees and hears something different.
I see a wannabe dictator clown and hear the robot from Lost In Space... "Danger...Danger Will Robinson".
Anyway, back to Bruce. I follow his guitar player and Silvio the Consigliere from the Sopranos, Stevie Van Zandt on twitter. Such a cool dude.
And my favorite Springsteen track, the one he got an Oscar for...
Not quite the "Streets of San Francisco", where you are from, but I was also a big fan of that show when I was a kid. Karl Malden and a young Michael Douglas. Great show.
Hope you are cruisin' Waxy24.
I only really got into his stuff up to Born in the USA...
Born in USA was first I heard of him, but worked my way backwards....
Wasn't always a stadium rock star
yeh, he's a total thing @andy, tom waits is not to everyone's taste, but he and kathleen have a great grapple on the US storytelling landscape, saying he was doing in LA what Bruce was doing in the east, and that LA storytelling is in good hands with Beck.. I enjoyed your Pogues' post, have you listened to Springsteen's Seeger sessions and latter day folk.. what do you reckon?
Don’t know seeds who do you recommend?
Is there a get rid of belly party lol ;)
You don’t have to vote for anyone done that before.
Glad I didn’t vote labor though, not rocket science to see what they were going to do. Same old.
You’re not white privileged? A woker like SR?
Check out Little Steven in clip I posted...
Thanks Mr Mac that was great. Couldn’t stand the carrot cake but you’ve given me reason to reconsider.
No not yet.
Might be a project for weekend...
Enjoyed his Netflix Broadway thing, really talented story teller / singer.
I get why some don't like him, but in the 70's with him and the E Street band in full flight live must have been something else.
Hey Waxie,
Little doco on one of Australia's most loved bands.
Australian politics kinda sucks but it would suck even more living in a country where you have political dynasties, IMHO Trump was needed to give things a good shake up and he did a great job at doing so but i didnt like how he handled the last election results though and I would have much preferred if he didnt run this time and he instead backed Ron Destantis, i just hope he backs Ron in the future if he runs again.
But now its Trump vs Biden I really hope Trump wins again, just for the sake of Israel, but i think its unlikely the first time they didn't take him seriously and thought he had no chance but now its much harder, so many forces trying to take him out.
As for the Boss and other celebrities having their two cents worth, its all of little value really but it is sad that people might vote based on how a celebrity votes.
andy mac said "Check out Little Steven in clip I posted..."
Wow! never seen that clip before. Bruce has aged pretty well but Stevie, FMD, didn't even recognise him!
But what a guy. Imagine being in one of the greatest rock'n'roll bands of all time, right hand man to Bruce Sprinsteen, then with no acting background or experience, going on to be the right hand man of Tony Soprano/ James Gandolfini, one of the greatest actors of all time, in one of the greatest TV shows of all time.
Plus he's got plenty of other strings to his bow..
Epic.
Adam12. Hello, hope you’re well.
At the end of the day, we are here for a good time, let’s call it our form of the Expression Session, but without the surfboards and the waves.
I liked Stunets comment yesterday , ‘ offence ‘ is received and taken not given. Very good.
Ultimately, we are all ‘fowl mouthed ‘paltry’, scratching around on the detritus floor of the Swellnet chook pen. Bok.Bok.Bok….its truly and only the Australian way. AW
;)
big difference between the east coast and sth aus, is we speak more proper..
you say 'straya', we say 'straiwya'..
Yep. Speech impediments abound
@Aw, yep, bok,bok,bok.
But who are the chickens and who are the roosters???
and who is fowl???
Anyway, couldn't let the Bruce Springsteen discussion not include this clip from Graham Norton's show.
An insight into the man...
Hey guys and wax24 I like to think that this parody was reflective of the Australia of my early childhood where everybody was given “a go” if you “rolled up your sleeves and worked hard”. Still remember my dear father laughing his socks off watching it. Set in a kinder gentler time.
One of my favourite movies @guy
That's classic!
His biography is worth a read if you haven't already done so.
Have you read the book Guy? John O'Grady wrote it under the nom de plume Nino Cullota. He also wrote a sequel with the characters from the first book called Gone Fishin'. I think you'd enjoy them. Light reading but fun and yes, a memory from gentler times.
It's on the list andy.
Right now I'm working my way through "Plans For Your Good: A Prime Minister's Testimony of God's Faithfulness" by Scott Morrison.
I'm halfway through it, the pages tear off pretty well but it's rough as hell wiping my butt.
But cheaper than sorbent.
I'm not sure what the words in it are, just drilled a hole in it so I can hang it on the dunny roll holder.
Probably a dozen or so more bowel movements and I will have finished it.
Thanks Zen for the heads up
@adam12 Haha that’s so funny. I was aghast with your first sentence. Hehehe got me good
@Guy Smiley,
You can't go recommending "They're a Weird Mob" to a seppo without also recommending "Wake In Fright", the movie or the book.
Ying and yang of Australian 20th century culture.
Waxy will never want to come here though once he sees that.
My grandmother used to buy the Australian specifically for the same purpose adam12
^^ ooops, my bad adam12 :)
Here ya go Waxxy. Could fill in a night shift.
@Guy, I found the Oz a bit too shiny and doesn't scrunch up that good. But man, the Herald Sun, now that is some good shit paper.
True story, when my dog used to piss on the carpet, a Herald Sun with a 10lb dumbell weight sitting on it, wait an hour and viola, no mess charlie. It's absorbancy is second to none.
Good for that and not much else though.
sorry seeds, but that's a shocking pirate recording, camera on an angle, screen glare, etc.. I wouldn't say anything, but the National Film and Sound Archive spent a million bucks restoring the film, reckon @wax should invest in the NFSA dvd, if he likes the gist from your post..
You guys seem to be having fun, excuse the econ nerd chart:
https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2024/06/australian-industry-contracts-…
Check out the first chart, GDP growth - it's taken out the GFC low, is on the way to the lockdown lows (with everything open), but next stop is the 1991 recession low at -2%. If it takes out that how about a bit of cosplay, the challenge will be to wear flannel for a week.
Haha, wouldn't be putting that book anywhere near me!
This is pretty funny... Before my time but classic.
Haha you noticed. Chiropractor appointment needed after.
None the less it’s the only version Wax is gunna see!
Andy-Mac. Hi mate.
That’s movie is gold. Its depicts exactly what goes on at an Australian party as the night progresses and the booze takes over.
I’ve been to party’s roughly like that.
Thanks for bringing back the memories.
‘If the fucking Smiths or Johnsons( can’t remember the the correct name) can afford to go to Japan for their holidays, well fuck em, we can swim in their pool whilst they’re away’.
Pretty good shots of that bird in the pool, my tongues dragging on the ground just thinking about it, good stuff. AW
yeh true, and I'm sure the 'close-framing angled-handycam screen-glare pirate-version' is not without its charm in terms of making the viewer feel vulnerable and ill at ease, a la Lars Von Trier and his hand-held tight-shot cronies..
Oh come on man, I want to go to bed. Now I’ve gotta look up Lars Von Trier. Ha
man, you think you've got it tough, I have to work out how work can make me be in melbourne in 3 weeks for Vovos and Unicorns before tomorrow!