More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
I follow a twitter/X feed of his quotes, really interesting. In the context of frog’s comment
Cheers Waxy. Will keep an eye out for it next time i'm at the library!
Geez that sounds pretty extreme! Glad you survived.
Funny things electrical storms. I've had times where i've been completely out in the open and embracing it and just knowing i wouldn't get struck (like Ballina night) and other times, i've been cowering under shelter certain that at any minute i'll get zapped. There's definitely an energetic exchange between us and them i reckon.
Cheers.
Breaking. Turns out Swellnet's evil mofo savant is a huge advocate for land rights.
Contrary to the pages and pages and pages of dribble above.
Who woulda thunk!
Post at 7.27pm 11 January .. https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/571321?page=61
@southern , I’ve been reading and holding off commenting as there’s really no point. I just wish indo had as much passion for aborigines .
yep, same ^^
not worth it though, as soon as you argued a point on this thread, the no's would Bolt to a different angle - kinda had an aids virus thing going on.
Same same @supa.
No time like the present though!
"and more good news.."
What an evil cunt you are.
This is your read on something that affects generations of humans that have sufferered trauma on their own lands and have copped yet another slap down.
Your karma is set in stone. You probably should go back to Indonesia....your island is no sanctuary from your evil ways.
Cuntwana. Rot in hell.
And for everyone else. Big love.
;)
News from across the ditch
https://www.theage.com.au/world/oceania/this-is-just-day-one-thousands-…
Never thought i'd share an article from Elle...but here it is.
Always worth listening to those affected.
https://www.elle.com.au/culture/politics/indigenous-australian-perspect…
People say you should be proud to be Australian. After the debacle of the country voting NO to an Indigenous voice in parliament last year, i could never be more ashamed to be Australian than right now.
I'm pretty certain our diggers that fought alongside Indigenous crew would be just as ashamed that what they fought for...equality and freedom for all....was completely blown to pieces by our media, politicians and average joe redneck population.
Happy invasion day for tomorrow.
I definitely won't be checking in to read the usual spiel by the usual suspects.
The day holds extra heavy significance and mourning in light of what i've just written.
And for those that want to jump in and write their reply....at least read the article first and do some reflection on what was expressed.
We all know who's licking his lips for his favourite day of the year. I hope you lot give him hell.
#freebrutus.
FFS one of the best posters on here. And a weapon.
Can't think of a better gesture on this morbid day than to free the great man and let him speak again.
Or on SBS on demand.
Or on SBS on demand
Thanks @seeds. I'm going to watch these tomorrow. Poignant.
Bloody hell you've gottten under my skin in the past, but i suspect it's mostly because we're so similar.
Big aloha. Thankyou so much for sharing legend.
Maybe so!
Servant or Slave… the bit about how their unpaid labour inadvertently helped fund the system that virtually enslaved them. Bloody hell!
You’ll see what I mean.
Thanks @seeds. All the best mate.
#freebrutus
Come on swellnet. Do the right thing.
Over and out.
Love yas! :-)
All the best in your future endeavours Southern Paul. Yeeeew
:-) Thanks Seeds. And to you and all the bloody legends i've had the pleasure of chatting with on here.
Good humans. Big love.
#alwayswasalwayswillbeaboriginalland
Don't get me started on New Norcia, burn the whole place down would be a good start.
Any personal history Seaslug?
If so, I would like to hear.
If you could that is.
Wow
Brutus is Banned but Sharkman is Not.
Since we have recently had the Voice debate , I think it's right the debate continues and believe today is NOT the right day to celebrate Australia Day .
Until the date changes , I will celebrate , today .
The First Fleet arrived to stake Englands claim on our East Coast ( similar to the US but more convicts ) .
Not to start Australia !
Hundreds of Tall Ships had visited and left Australia , in the 2 centuries before they arrived .
Since the Ref , I have read both sides ( including SR recent piece ) of the debate , about Australia Day .
The main objection seems to be finding an agreeable date to Celebrate our Country .
When did Australia become Australia ?
Some look at Parliament .
Not me .
Australia became a Nation , IMHO , when Gen John Monash lead into battle , Australian and New Zealanders , at Le Hamel , Amiens in 1918 .
Changed the direction of WW1 and showed the World what OUR country stood for .
Got all the soldiers home , and then came home and started Nation Building .
Our FNP stood shoulder to shoulder with their mates , that day .
Trumpy will hate it ( so I love it more ) as it is the 4th of July .
Let's start changing some things .
Perhaps others can suggest a more appropriate date ?
HI Pop
Well we can't even get the date right. The First Fleet landed at Botany Bay on the 18th January and moved to Sydney Cove on 26th January.
The most appropriate date would be the date we become a Republic with our own Head Of State. I'm not holding out any hope that will happen soon: even Denmark has an Australian HOS before Australia.
Side note: Monash was also in command of the US Military Forces in WW1. The yanks were poorly trained and poorly equipped and learnt much from Monash. History shows they never found themselves in that situation ever again!
Just for the record both grandfathers served in France, Fromelles, Villers Brettoneaux, Infantry and Field Ambulance (that was a great job!!) Both returned home very changed men. Great Uncle was 14th Battalion D Company (Jacka's Mob), killed at Gallipoli.
Salty
Your family has sacrificed a lot to help build Australia , thank u .
The Ref for an Australian Head of State was another Ref that I wanted to say Yes to but said no .
Again, I wanted detail to decide upon .
A New date for Australia Day doesn't require a Ref !
New names for places don't either .
This debate needs to keep momentum .
Making continuous , sensible changes will push reconciliation , I hope .
I would love to give the boot to Charlie ( still haven't heard a sensible ( non elected ) solution ) but that does require a Ref .
U know a lot about Sir John Monash .
I am going to some more research on this great Australian :)
Hi Pops,
We visited Gallipoli and we’ve twice been to France to visit the sites on the Western Front.
It should be a part of everyone’s learning experience. The tour of Gallipoli was moving to say the least and the Turkish Guides were exceptional.
On the visit to Fromelles we were standing at the “Don’t Forget Me Cobber” statue of Simon Fraser, (look him up) when a man approached and addressed us in French. I replied (poorly!) that I did not speak French and he asked in English if we were British. I said no, Australian: he smiled and we talked for quite some time!
The land there is farmed and soldiers remains are still uncovered, in fact we found some bones near the fence which had been uncovered: our guide (from Ballarat, believe it or not!!!) took them and we reburied them in an area unlikely to be disturbed. Live ordnance is still being uncovered as well.
We also stayed in Amiens just after Anzac Day 2015. Aussie flags everywhere and we were made more than welcome. We went on a tour of many sites there, conducted by a French lady who had the utmost respect for Aussie soldiers. The memorial at Villers Bretonneaux is a must.
Another tour of the Northern Battlefields into Belgium and Ypres was extremely worthwhile as well.
Cheers!
Lovely post salty
@saltydog , really enjoying your posts on this and the other threads. It’s great to read some truth for a change . Please keep it up .
Great post Salty .
Hallowed ground .
Visited some memorials around Epernay , France .
Very moving and was amazed when a Big French guy shouted us a glass of bubbly for what your relatives did to save France . Gosh , U must have been welcomed like a brother .
Very grateful that both the Turkish and French people look after our fallen so well .
U have visited spots that must be , almost , unreal .
Not many people will experience what U have .
Great that U are willing to share them .
Quite special , imho .
Thanks for Simon and other stuff 2 .
Thanks Salty Dog that was great.
My wife and I visited the Somme battlefields and memorials to the fallen about 20 years ago. I recall the beautifully maintained graveyards dotted throughout the countryside but my overarching memory is of the industrial scale destruction of human beings. We both found it so profoundly disturbing that we only stayed one night in Albert.
The context for my visit to the Somme was my great grandfathers involvement. He was on a reconnaissance in No Mans Land on the third day of the Battle of the Somme. He hunkered down in a shell hole with 2 mates, shell lands and kills his mates, he is seriously wounded. Manages to crawl back the half mile to the front line. When taken to the aid station/hospital is triaged and told by the army surgeon he would not survived. But by some miracle he did survive. Later got dishonourably discharged for insubordination (I'm sure among other indiscretions left untold in family histories) and became an avowed communist till the day he died.
Lest we forget.
To GS, Supfreak, Pop, San Guine
Thank you all for your kind words.
Pop, the French do make you feel part of the family!!
The cemetaries and memorials are all beautifully maintained even those of fallen German servicemen. And the French are certainly appreciative of the efforts of Australian Servicemen. I can recall one roadside café near Pozieres which had a large room dedicated to Aussie servicemen, and again we were made more that welcome.
San Guine, ordinary people like your great grandfather, thrust into extraordinary circumstances can display a strength and courage I could only dream of. He also sounds like a bit of a larrikin!! And yes, the scale of destruction is astounding: heavy artillery and the machine gun in particular extremely efficient. During our visit to Fromelles we were stopped by an elderly man who motioned us to stay. He returned a short time later with a photo album of the village from WW1 and shortly after, showing the destruction wrought. He didn’t speak English and we didn’t speak French but we still managed to communicate as he went through the album pointing out various landmarks and buildings. This went on for an hour, then he smiled and returned to his home.
The National Archive has Service Records available to view, have you been able to access any of those?
On my great uncle’s record is an account of his death at Gallipoli. He must have been a brave man as were all the others involved in those conflicts. I also noted some of my family contracted a “social disease” or two during their service!!! Maybe there are some things we don’t need to know!!
Cheers!
Australia responded immediately , when Europe were being beaten up in both WW1 & 2 .
The Americans at the time , had a different view , we don't involved in Others fights .
In both World Wars , it took them 2 long 2 get involved imho .
They had to make up an excuse , to fight !
We don't need 1 .
A profound difference to the French and others .
Our people will jump straight in and help someone in need , even if on the other side of the world .
We just , go for it .
The French love our Aussie Spirit and I can understand why !
Battle of Milne Bay - the turning of the tide, when we were directly threatened. Also the RAAF's finest hour.
25 August - 7 September 1942.
Hey VJ
Guessing U know a VC was awarded at Milne Bay .
Just read the name and smiled , John French .
Told his men to take cover , and then went and took out three Japanese Machine Gun positions .
Died in front of the third .
A Frenchy :)
Yes, my great uncle was there, as was my former neighbour.
@SouthernRaw ✅.AW
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-04/celebrated-indigenous-leader-die…
I have Always found it difficult 2 understand the term " always was , always will be Aboriginal Land " .
There own Dreamtime Stories say The Rainbow Serpent was here before them .
What does , Always and Land , mean in this context ?
Sounds a bit like ownership 2 , and not why not other FNP ?
RIP LO !
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/tv-program/no-mori-allowed/2299545667687
Anniversary for national sorry day. From an instagram post who's source i'll keep anonymous....
"On this day in 2008, former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd apologised on behalf of the nation for past laws, policies and practices that have impacted upon Australia’s First Nations Peoples, particularly members of the Stolen Generations.
I remember this day, I was 16 and my family and I were watching it on a tv in a basketball court with a whole bunch of other people, we were all crying, happy and sad tears. I couldn’t believe it was being acknowledged."
Now imagine how this person and their family felt when Australia voted NO against them last year.
Rudd was looking for votes, just like albos vote last year. Didn't work.
The people said no, never saw anything in the media yesterday about sorry day.
Time to move on and all live together in harmony. We are all Australian.
Any paid up, card carrying LNP cynic would call Rudd’s apology a vote catching exercise. But I’ll give him credit for doing something no LNP hack ever had the courage to do.
As for Albo and the referendum, it appears you swallowed the LNP bullshit. I’ll state some facts again: “The Voice” was produced under a LNP Government by a LP Senator who just happened to be Indigenous. Albo and the ALP supported it and committed to hold a referendum. “Labor’s Racist Voice” was just a label created by the LNP who never had any intention whatsoever of supporting what the FNP had requested. Ask Ken Wyatt his opinion.
Would you have preferred Albo to cancel the referendum: and then you could accuse him of breaking a promise or call him a liar. That would be the typical LNP response.
Let’s sweep it under the rug and move on, we are all Australian: another typical LNP approach, pretend it never happened.
I always figured that part of us "all being Australians" would be to offer a helping hand to those who need it.
AndyM. Plus 1 mate. Ignore the selfish amongst us.
All they (FNP) wanted was a ‘Voice’ it’s not divisive, just a recognition that they exist, essentially they have been obliterated from day dot.
We are viewed by international outsiders as being selfish and shameless, hard to argue with that from where I’m looking.
Time to grow up I reckon. Just my opinion.AW
Yeah it’s incredibly disappointing that the No campaign successfully smothered the basic reason for the referendum being held.
Also, their key claim of “divisiveness” completely ignored the fact that the existing division was exactly what was trying to be addressed.
nah, AW & AndyM, we ducked a BIG one there.
Imagine, FNPs having a voice to parliament that they didn't even want, leading to a divided nation and secret treaty ambitions and enshrining race into constitution and opportunism and corruption and mishandling of their own issues and not even solving anything and they have more of a voice than anyone else anyway and why not other racial groups and huge taxpayer financial burdens and making us ashamed and labor using it to get elected again and not letting us know the secret voice pages and who would be representing the FNPs and it's not even representative cos there are hundreds of language groups and who even are FNPs and what a backward step.
Plus, everyone promised they'd take an continued interest in social issues that affect FNPs after the referendum, cos they really believe in solving social inequity. And they really have, it is still front page news, no-voters still care just as deeply about it all.
I don't think you guys understood it at all. Must be uneducated. We ducked a BIG one there.
Happy hour in WA soon. ^ Waiting for blue diamond/southern raw and his foul mouth abuse in 1 2 3
haha cool. I have a stalker.
You're a Dweeb. Is that foul enough for you.