More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Those cunts need slapping alright Sheepy.
Sorry Indo, I don't know how to cut and paste. I swear that's what Stu said to me years ago and I still aren't up to speed.
Desert sessions rule. Music and surfing
Uncanny! How'd you know I studied German for Matric, Shep? Back at ya, punker.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ya keep an open mind, cos yer finkin' all the time
From memory on standard PC highlight the webs address you want to copy, click on your right button on mouse, select copy, then go to your open post, click on post to get cursor up, right click mouse and select paste…and that it.
On Mac, highlight address with mouse pad , hold down control button while clicking mouse pad, select copy, go to your post, click on post to get cursor up, hold down control button click mouse pad, select paste..and that it.
Or google it if i make it confusing there will be tutorials on youtube.
if anyone is interested, heading on a road trip or bored senseless we have a new 80s surf inspired episode of our podcast LAND SEAL, its got a lot of classic tracks from MadWax, The Performers and Stromriders...
Plus a bunch of Aus and NZ stuff from the times...
Please feel free to share and download...
https://soundcloud.com/land-seal/ep02-80s
[Yes , I'm computer illiterate. My first ever computer entry was to Swellnet ! Back then I was The Blowin and My first response was from Stu telling me that I'd written an impenetrable block of letters.
Had I ever heard of paragraphs he asked ?
I've gotten better- by a slim margin. Maybe Swellnet could continue to improve my media skills ?
Fingers crossed.]
I loved that story about the sharks and I also really enjoyed Toe to Toe.
I think you may have a secret admirer in me Blowin.
land_seal, sweet man! Some good memories in amongst that. Cheers.
Yeah embed.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is a favorite track of all time, always loved it just love it more the more i hear it, which is kind of rare. Never really get sick of listening to it.
https://soundcloud.com/balintkid/sascha-funke-mango
The original is longer and better although the intro isnt as smooth.
https://soundcloud.com/journeyofsound/sascha-funke-mango
If you like those check out Berlin Calling the movie.
Another fave here, Kind of Psy breaks/Glitch hop, love it. Feel like pulling some Micheal J Robot moves listening to this. :)
https://soundcloud.com/mrbillstunes/fluxillary
One for uplift..... Before the band got too big......
Bloody good album actually..
Exceptionally good album Sheepy. Good call.
Yeah, zen.... Not a weak spot in the album.... Their best IMO.... Still slightly raw, but artful...
Absolutely lovin the new fooies album at the moment. Only downside is it's only 8 tracks.
Me's thinks the Fooies have past their use by date...meaning with this album they have lost their"coolness" as front line rockers. Happens to the best of em.
Dare I say it, this album has boring written all over it!
Then their is this little gem I picked up the other day while listening to the opening track (which I think is the best track from the album). A "what riff is that" moment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_YlZ1JdcVk
mmmmmm, sounds a little like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU
To paraphrase Josh Homme....."nothing wrong with writing songs that remind you of a classic tune that you haven't heard in a long time".
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Hey FG, what media tags do you use to embed a vid like you've done for Go With the Flow?
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Go to share then embed then copy and paste and ta da.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ONE FOR THE SURFEES... Singular eyebrow as a fashion statement / Drunkasexual <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
An Aussie classic that's just been added to the Australian National Film & Sound Archive as an example of songs and artists which have helped define and capture Australian culture.
Of course, done from the other end...thanks mate.
This is the soundtrack to the greatest movie you've never seen...listen to when ya need to chill, hang with the lady or cut a rug, it's got all bases covered :-)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That first Album is so good Josh,s guitar sounds killer live here, pity about Marks Vocals. though.
I was lucky enough to get into Q.O.T.S.A from day one after being a Kyuss fan, and happy to say i saw them at a pub on there first Aussie tour.
Huge fan of Dave Grohl but the Foo fighters kinda lost me after there first two albums its not that the songs or albums are bad, its just that it all gets a bit same same and kinda dilutes everything, same can be said for countless bands though.
https://www.kerrang.com/24316/lagwagon-stream-new-album-hang-full/
Went along to the Spirit of Akasha and was just totally blown away by the Sand Pebbles; been listening to them for a few weeks and just think they are a fucking top band. Love to see them live again one day soon, common boys ... a national tour!
Same for me. Loved the first album, and the second (although they went very clean and polished very quickly), but from then on it's been a slow slide into middle-of-the-road mediocrity.
However, it's very hard for a band to constantly remain in the one space. As such I don't begrudge them for what they've done as it's natural progression.
And besides, Dave is an incredible drummer. So that makes everything OK.
What's the current neck oil ben when listening to fooies?
Neck oil?
I'm staggered. A worldly bastard such as your good self and you haven't heard of the term neck oil?
Goes back along way sadly, me and the boys used to sink way too many neck oils on the weekends, these days of course its Earl Grey tea and a scotch finger ....
A ha! I geddit. Actually, had some fine local bevvies from Stone & Wood up on the Tweed Coast earlier this week. Although, I wasn't listening to the Foo Fighters at the time.
Been listening to some moderately old stuff lately; TV On The Radio and Cold War Kids' first albums, and some good tunes from Iron and Wine (for a change of pace).
J still got it <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Took a while for me to like Dino Jr, like an acquired taste for grapefruit, Chillis or avocado.
But sounds like that, that are not quite catchy straight away a little bit sour or something at first, often always sound good years later.Not throw away sort of pop if you know what i mean.
I can't post a Dinosaur Jr vid without posting a seBADoh vid though <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ive always liked music that you kinda know your going to like but have to listen to a few times to get or understand music that grows, catchy for me even the songs i dig most times i grow sick of quick and end up hating.
Never hate.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gary Clark jr. Always worth a listen. Tears this one right up!
https://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2013/08/watch-gary-clark-jr-perfo…
The Pink Floyd Experience are touring Australia again in April 2015.
Shows in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Newcastle & Toowoomba.
Seen this band twice already and have just got my presale tickets today.
If you're into Pink Floyd this band is a must.
Saw Roger Waters The Wall tour in 2012 and the Pink Floyd Experience are up there.
https://www.pinkfloydexperience.com.au/?utm_source=spr&utm_medium=email&…
Went and saw Kings of the North on friday night at the Zoo. I hadn't heard of them before but went on a mate's advice.
Ever heard of them Ben? they are Adelaidians, 2 piece lead guitar/vocals and drummer, making a big sound for two dudes. The drummer was going through sticks like they were candy canes.
They backed up Mark of Cain which was a bit of a lesson for me in oldschool Aussie metal.
Went to a gig at some old flea-bitten joint the other night, and saw this dude lurking about at the back of the stage. Coolest cat in the band.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Got a friggin' parking ticket next day, but. Bloody big smoke! They will pay, Matthew! THEY WILL PAY!
sorry to bum the high, nutters, here's a work colleague's efforts to re-ignite the good times. Mono on and over the 'negative waves'!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Black OFF!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
haha
Have ever been called a homo cause at school you took drama...!
Goanna - " Solid Rock" .
Just crossed the longest stretch of straight road in the world. Played it at each end. Perfect.
Heading east blowin? When I first did the Nullabor heading west 20 odd years ago I had Jean Michel Jarre-Oxygen II on a loop the whole way over. It's that trippy early French techno music that was the theme track to the movie Gallipolli. It's all I remember of that drive we were smoking so much mull!
Thats pretty fucking funny YS :)
I hope you weren't thinking of an abdication from aliens on that drive.
East it is Yorkes. That straight is made for driving bent.
Wow, I remember being blown away by that when my teacher played Oxygene to the class when I was in primary school.
And the same teacher played us this in class too, polar opposites but great track-
Some Thing Different
haha
https://soundcloud.com/neelix
OK THEN
https://soundcloud.com/squiremusic/squire-radio-show-098-ibiza-global-r…