More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Oh and a seriously under rated Band from WA originally. They are still around but I haven't seen them live for a while. " I'm goin' to kill a man 'cos he stole my boat!"
Had the pleasure of seeing The Kill Devil Hills at the Newy, damn fine show.
I saw them twice at Annandale and they were great both times. I think they toured last year but I missed them. "The Drought" still gets a regular work out in the CD player!
A blast from the past -
Merry Festivus.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
.......but it's only Xmas Eve so for all the romantics out there.
Report lookin good for a chrissy paddle to blow out the dust. Here's some prime christmas bird:
About time someone played the Rifles card. Fuck yeah.
Yeah i think i might have posted a Rifles tune/vid but about ten pages back.
IMO underrated Aussie band, i think they would be more highly regarded if they had broken up way back when, then maybe reformed, but instead they have been slogging it out forever.
Too crowded and weak to be bothered surfing so I wrote a song instead. I'm thinking a Hammond organ and some violin to fill it out!
https://soundcloud.com/blndboy/dna-4
No.... No Hammond organ.... Violin yeah..... I think 2 or 3 female voices with a background downward 4 to 5 note melody through certain areas would cleanse the palate between later verses....
Thanks Sheepy, I can still hear that Hammond but it's a long way from recording, so it may turn out to be a delusion!
Your welcome BB..... Here's one of my old tracks from years ago right back at ya........ You inspired me to get on soundcloud lol.... Leave the building now if ya don't like rough old Aussie country... Just one shitty acoustic guitar, a voice that's had too many ciggy's and a knocked over cuppa 1/2 way through the demo hahahaha...
https://soundcloud.com/sheepdog-4/billy-suttons-pickled-yabbies
Cool Sheepy, deep Aussie country. I'll have to lift my game!
Cheers, BB... Actually had some minor success with that demo lol
It's all relative Sheepy. I had a mate from years ago, dead now, who used to do sound and lights for bands, toured all over the country and he used to pull out these cassettes he had recorded off the desk of bands no-one had ever heard of and they were frigging great. Then he would put on a tape of some old guy he had met in a pub somewhere, coughing between all the verses, and it would just blow us all away. The success is always in the doing, anything else is a bonus. But it makes me wonder how much great stuff you could get with one of those little Zoom recorders just lobbing into country towns and asking around, not to make money, just to catch some of the stuff before it is gone forever.
That'd be so cool... That little track above punched way above its weight, and bullied it's way into the top 20 of the ASAI awards back in 07 I think..... Up against songs recorded in state of the art studios with thousands of bucks spent on them..... That was a one take at a friends little home studio in Coolum.... Total cost - $20.00..... Fuckn hilarious... Even got some air time on ABC country...... lol.....
In this over produced swill that we have these days, people forget that sometimes the best moments are the live spur of the moment sessions.... They're like waves, or snowflakes... No two are ever the same....
Absolutely Sheepdog, If I ever decide to do it I will let you know. Just got back from a rehearsal with the guitarist and drummer. Blew my friggin' head off. We have about ten originals and one cover.....
......but we rev it up a bit!
Hope you're an apra member, BB... Here's another old track..... Gee, be 10 years old now... Had some minor success with this one too.... Bit rustic, recording quality wise... The story of one of my favourite reefs, with lyrical reference to the dreamtime myth..
https://soundcloud.com/sheepdog-4/old-man-dream-old-woman-island
You've got a nice voice Sheepy (and you're not a bad whistler too).
I registered some of my songs a few years ago Sheepie but I haven't bothered since. In a way I don't really care. If someone rips them off well at least they get heard which is the motivation for writing them in the first place. Cool song about Old Woman, I have never managed to write a song about surfing, don't know why but it just never works. I don't even try anymore so unless it is one of those ones that just drops out of the sky it isn't going to happen.
A couple of great tracks from Clapton's Crossroads Festival
Great talents I had never heard of before!
Thanks Zen.. In regards to whistling, Well when ya' gotta keep a herd of sheep in line, ya' gotta know what you're doing..... ;P Would've loved to take that demo a bit further - deep but soft background bass, soft percussion brushes mimicking whitewater..... But alas.......
BB, Don't talk to me about getting ripped off, mate..... I'll never send another demo to ********* music...... I didn't bother pursuing it.... You're name is mud forever more when you do.....
And yeah, re surfing songs..... It's sooo hard not to sound cheesy...... And that "Dick Dale" style surf music sux......
Even though it is not a surf song, its title and some of the lyrical content of this song always gets me thinking of solo big waves..... Ooooh Yeah!!!!!
Unreal sounds Sheepy. Listened to both of them a couple of times over whilst parked up on the beach. Piss Warm water and aquarium clear A frame peaks to myself. Great day, awesome music.
Get back in there and pump out some more .
Cheers, blowin.... Ya gotta love rough as guts 1 take demos..... The essence......... Problem is mate, I don't drink piss and/or smoke pot anymore..... This was back in the party days, which is pretty obvious in the clunky guitar work and occasional slurred lyric.......... Used to get smashed and jam with my Coolum mates...... Just not the same now I'm straight edge.... I'd rather study the stockmarket, evade taxes, go to church, and take bible lessons in being a more judgemental........... ;P
Sounded good to me Sheepy. Good luck with saving yourself for the next life. Fuck those From Those Bottom Of Your Soul renditions . Who needs 'em.
"And that Dick Dale style music sux"<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Their finest?
Surf Toon's.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Mehhh..... However, the mice were a good live band... Saw them a few times back in the day...
If I'm gonna have a twangy guitar sesh, I'd rather go for something with a bit of lyrical substance... And some balls..
Or if it's instrumental, something original.....
My thoughts exactly when i read SD comment, love the mice and there is so many great bands that use/used that style to great effect, especially from that 80,s Aussie music scene, sure if only focused on that music it gets old quick if song after song, but that goes for many styles of music.
Anyway i will avoid all the obvious tunes from that era and go for something a bit more recent, these guys have a lot of that inference in there sound and IMO one of the better current Aussie bands.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Indo... It's just I have heard that stuff a million times.... a million covers of it..... It never really impressed me... I do like some of the derivatives formed from that style, like the examples I posted...... How can I put it......... I hate peas.... I hate baked beans..... But millions love the stuff....... Doesn't mean Peas or baked beans are bad.... Just means I don't like them...... I reckon they taste like shit..... Now snow peas or fresh green beans.... That's the go..... ;)
I like Johnny cash... But some people can't stand "real" country... That's cool...... It's all good....
The only surf music worth worrying about?Hey?<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ha ha 'polk salad' Sheepster! Little bit country, lil bit rock n roll. On the food tip, that 'orrible punk you like is what? Cheesy chips? Deep fried Marathons? Faggots?
"To you I shall put an end, then you'll never hear surf music again."
First track (at the very least)...
Dane's all over it.
So I don't like Dick Dale.... Get the fuck over it, mate ;)
Punk is like hot English mustard..... Great with meat, rocks your world, but doesn't hang on the palate like chilli.....
Something more up your alley Sheepy.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>You can't stop the music nobody can stop the music.
Love it, Fraser.... And here's one of your favorites.....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
As Hendrix himself intimated, "you say no to Dick Dale, you say no to life." (A food related paraphrase?)
Jimi knew his way round a guitar, and, like Dale, was a 'lefty'. You a 'lefty', Sheepster?
A great piece of surf music from an unlikely source
Ha kool Blindy and Shat's might have to start a new thread'Sheepy's slow death by Dick'<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[quote=Shatner'sBassoon]As Hendrix himself intimated, "you say no to Dick Dale, you say no to life." (A food related paraphrase?)
Jimi knew his way round a guitar, and, like Dale, was a 'lefty'. You a 'lefty', Sheepster?
Well.... Photo shows I'm a goofy....You're a bit of a genius, aye shats.... ;) Yeah, I'm a lefty.... But play with strings righthanded, similar to Gurrumul Yunupingu ...
Jimi's dead, shat's .....
Here come the romper stomper crew... "He hates Dick dale!!!! Kill him!!!" Strength in numbers.... Paradox punks.... "You better conform to our non conformist ways" lol
Here's a song for Jimi, mate....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And Fraser, speaking of slow death, probably the best song they recorded ( I own this vinyl -mint)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'll up you one Sheepy have this on vinyl also.The<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Splatterheads are a fine mess as well.
Soddin' SOD?! Oh dear.
Anyway, here's Glenn & the good ol' boys gettin' twangy with it
and (relative) grommets havin a crack
And this in a more, ahem, traditional vein
Good times, fraser lol.... I have an old 45' of a Sydney punk band called C.H.A.O.S (Cannabis Hashish and Overproof Spirits).... From Blacktown.... Can't find it anywhere on the net...
"Doctor doctor!!
Medibank stopper!!
Don't get sick!!!
You can't afford the cover!!
OHH NOO!! ASPRO!!!! OHH NOO!! ASPRO!! OHH NOO!! ASPRO!! OHH NOO!! ASPROOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
Classic ;)
Another great track/band I can't locate is "Kids play with guns" by Permanent Damage....
Say no more
Splatterheads Fraser? I knew Simon pretty well back there somewhere, Gus not so well but he shared a house with a mate of mine for a while. Saw them a few times
But probably preferred the other band Simon fronted Red Planet Rocketts. Nothing online but I still have their CD!
...and if you don't love this you have no soul.
Them Crooked Vultures live.
Fuck yeah