More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds said: Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos2,826
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
A Salty Dog
said:
[quote=velocityjohnno]Bagspreading
Be the bigger man and don't do it
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/n
Australia - you're standing in it
10602
Cool.
He comes across as a pretty nice guy.
Actually, speaking of elevators, I nearly knocked Belinda Carlisle on her arse coming out of an elevator once. I remember her beautiful blue eyes, plus she was tiny. True story.
I bet you wanted to do more to her arse Zen.
One thing I remember from that Nirvana gig was when Chris Nov***** hurled his bass up in the air and it came down and it sconed him on the head, pole-axing him..
For a moment I didn't think he was going to get up but he managed after a minute or so.
Hahaha. Ouch!
Ha ha!
Own goal! Gotta love it.
Fun times.
When he got up he looked around like a bewildered bovine and realising the other guys had left, he sloped off sidestage.
Then I went backstage and drank their beer.
Didn't spot Chris. I think he was having a nanna nap.
haha. Classic description. Must be thebby.
Some of the more memorable things that stand out in my times there...Got kicked in the head at a Sepultura show there cutting my face open, but still was frothing. Also got slapped by a lady friend there for reasons i still don't understand to this day.
Broke in through a back window there another time and drank Pennywise's beers with them backstage too, and they were absolute champions. Fletcher the guitarist is an all time character. Taylor Steele was there with them, handed me his camera and got me to take a photo of him, Pennywise and Blink and i think Bodyjar. Thebby definitely had a very loose energy about it!! Was one of the best sounding live venues in my opinion. Sepultura there was still far and away the best live show i've ever seen.
Zen that's classic about Belinda Carlisle! haha.
Yep, I went along BD. It was an awesome gig, with hit after hit, raining almost the entire set, which no-one cared about and just added to the experience. Grohl loves Aust and it shows, he put in a huge effort, It was one for the ages especially with the backstory - a single show in Australia in regional Vic of all places,
I also went to the Oils at Mt Duneed the following night, and they absolutely tore it down. Outstanding. If this is their last tour, what a way to go out.
I was also at Nirvana's sole Melbourne show 30 years ago, and that was the most insane concert/gig experience I've had. Basically the whole crowd was a mosh pit of seething, sweaty bodies, many with shirts off, sweat dripping from the ceiling like rain.
@ringostarr that's sick!! Sounds like it was an all time show. From the footage i saw it looked epic. Stoked you got to get to it. I had no idea they were even in oz so to see them pop up in Geelong of all places was great. Of course it rained there! Nothing like the Cattery to turn on classic vicco weather. Sounds like a pretty special night to be a part of. Great stuff.
Backed up with the Oils??? Nice!!
Far out you're lucky to have seen Nirvana. Can only imagine the high energy in the room. Grohl is a living legend. Always been a huge fan all the way through. Still can't believe he recorded the first Foo Fighters album with him playing all the instruments and singing. Fucken legend.
Cheers for the feedback straight from the show. Great to hear it went off.
DG & Co....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bad Religion ,
also known as 80/85
Nirvana "93"
come as you are
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Still on the DG vibe....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And some more DG inspired tunes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/tbmwy6/ukrainians_ch…
Makes me think of Scomo for some reason.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And this doesn't.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
In light of the other thread I can’t remember who put up Boing Boing but I’m still digging it. Reminds me of my youth and makes me smile. Love it
How about Oingo Boingo? Timeless.
Not Oingo Boingo, not Boing Boing but Bam Bam catchy.
No no Ben I just looked it up on my tv and my algorithm is tainted now No No No
Zen computer says NO
Something funny going on with the comments above, different videos have appeared with the comments compared to what was originally posted.
New favorite noise<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Classic Snuffy. Quality noise. Calf & thigh burning drumming. Instantly reminded me of this.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Captain milk crate
flash back.
Always been a fan of two drummers <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2 drummers? - impossible to beat this:
adam and the ants had two drummers. James brown had three drummers. but two of the drummers formed an alliance and pushed out the third.
On the money re the double drummer set up with the Mighty Melvs Bonza.
Dale RH, the Big business guy LH, sharing the floor tom.
On of the many great Melvins line ups. 13 bass players and counting me thinks.
Cross-thread inspiration.
Kinda timely too in light of Chancellor Scholz' war speech:
Which war speach was that Stu?
Late last month in response to Ukraine war. Germany's plans to, not only triple defence spending, but also manufacture and ship arms to other countries, including Ukraine, ending 75 years of German pacifism. Apparently met with bilateral support.
Yeewww fun times back then.
ripping bails
chook put some early house you like up.
here are a few...
Something a little different.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Cheers chook
put some dri up
The Clowns at the crown shit show almost came to a stinking halt filthy!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>