I love Bali

groundswell Friday, 1 Jul 2022 at 10:21 pm new

Also nightsurfed aussie pipe a lot. imo its the best nightsurfing spot ive ever night surfed. so predictable and perfect when planets align.

goofyfoot Friday, 1 Jul 2022 at 10:32 pm new

never been there. sounds fun but

groundswell Friday, 1 Jul 2022 at 10:50 pm new

Just as fun as uncrowded Bingin which is also a good night surfing spot.
Heres a below average day at aus pipe, swell seems a bit week and its only 2 -3 foot but shows its potential.

goofyfoot Friday, 1 Jul 2022 at 11:06 pm new

Used to stay at bingin with mates about 15 years ago. Mango carofino stayed there amd we had many a full moon mushi sesh.
He was a Hawaiian guy who towed jaws. Had a German Shepard at the beach at dreamland who he never looked after properly. Should of belted the cunt just for that but shit happens.

groundswell Friday, 1 Jul 2022 at 11:30 pm new

Awesome goofy, never nightsurfed on mushies myself..sounds like good fun..shame he didnt look after the dog the bastard. Anyway i wouldn't night surf here...hundreds of bull sharks around here most of them under four foot long but the occasional 14-18foot tiger shark sometimes seen. Only one very big white pointer has been spotted in the seven years ive lived here though so i feel pretty safe surfing around here.
Wouldnt night surf though.

stunet Sunday, 3 Jul 2022 at 04:16 pm new

No Speedies but pretty damn big Moneys. Bommie breaking consistently through. Strong swell.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 3 Jul 2022 at 04:54 pm new

Get some get some!

groundswell Sunday, 3 Jul 2022 at 05:34 pm new

chickens!

udo Monday, 4 Jul 2022 at 12:18 pm new
udo Monday, 4 Jul 2022 at 02:56 pm new

stunet wrote:

No Speedies but pretty damn big Moneys. Bommie breaking consistently through. Strong swell.

Our Stuart dosen't tell Fibs



groundswell Monday, 4 Jul 2022 at 05:23 pm new

Big but definitely not big enough for 3 foot chickens. I love the indian ocean, the most consistent swell producer in the world (it really is).

Supafreak Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 12:30 pm new

Ive heard these technical problems are crew having covid , not sure how much truth there is in this . https://thebalisun.com/jetstar-cancels-perth-to-bali-flight-for-third-d…

udo Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 12:50 pm new

Could be Legit there was 50 or so Qantas / Jetstar Pilots and Cabin crew tested Covid Pos back in April

burleigh Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 02:15 pm new

udo wrote:

Could be Legit there was 50 or so Qantas / Jetstar Pilots and Cabin crew tested Covid Pos back in April

Lucky they were mandated to be vaccinated.

Supafreak Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 04:49 pm new

Wife’s got a suitcase full of indo groceries , no meat , seeds or fruit just the stuff that has been hit hard in Asian supermarkets in oz due to shipping costs . We always declare everything and expect a thorough going over anyway. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-06/foot-and-mouth-disease-biosecuri…

soggydog Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 06:37 pm new

Just got e mails today, both my flights, to and from Bali have been changed. Same day luckily just later. Hope the domestic flights in Indo don’t get changed.
Mate of mine was on standby for 2 days on his return.

Supafreak Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 06:50 pm new

soggydog wrote:

Just got e mails today, both my flights, to and from Bali have been changed. Same day luckily just later. Hope the domestic flights in Indo don’t get changed.

Mate of mine was on standby for 2 days on his return.

My flight going over from Brisbane with Jetstar was changed from 7.00am to 10.00 am they had 5 different times advertised originally and I think they just try to sell as many seats as possible then bundle everyone onto less flights as possible. Same thing happened with my Lion air flights Bali to Padang , advertised a shit load of different flight times then once I’d picked one it was canceled next day and again 2 days later , luckily I made my connection in Jakarta as only 1 hour between flights and had to go to a different terminal. It’s a con job when they advertise so many flights on the one day ……. Pricks

eat-your-vegies Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 10:00 pm new

I’m listening
Hope it won’t happen to me

eat-your-vegies Thursday, 7 Jul 2022 at 10:27 pm new

And I’ll add that I think it’s fucked
But I already booked and
Qantas and virg do the same now.
If they reschedule I can’t go
Simple as that

Robwilliams Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 12:38 pm new

Besides the covid and foot and mouth. Hitting it with a broken eardrum or bad ear infection is a solid effort.

Got so trashed, stranded by jetstar years ago. Being low price they they tend do as they please. Tight lines fast pits.

Any surf docs?
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ruptured-eardrum/symptom…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-and-mouth_disease

groundswell Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 04:02 pm new

Ringing Jetstar on a shoestring budget in indo can be a problem. I had to extend my stay and change my flight home after my brother offered to shout me a month at g-land and my budget was $8 a day including two 20 packs of smokes, i kept running out of credit before i got through to someone. Pissed me off a lot.
cost me about $20 of credit to eventually change my flight.

juegasiempre Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 05:11 pm new

groundswell wrote:

Ringing Jetstar on a shoestring budget in indo can be a problem. I had to extend my stay and change my flight home after my brother offered to shout me a month at g-land and my budget was $8 a day including two 20 packs of smokes, i kept running out of credit before i got through to someone. Pissed me off a lot.

cost me about $20 of credit to eventually change my flight.

$20 for a month at g-land seems like a good deal, I wouldn't be too pissed off.

mickseq Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 10:07 pm new

Back in Bali now, three months ago it was starting to heat up, but there were still many places closed or vacant, now though, there is an unbelievable amount of places (old and new) have opened up and are full!. Amazing they renovated and turned it around so quick, just goes to show the confidence in the market here.

burleigh Saturday, 9 Jul 2022 at 06:49 am new

mickseq wrote:

Back in Bali now, three months ago it was starting to heat up, but there were still many places closed or vacant, now though, there is an unbelievable amount of places (old and new) have opened up and are full!. Amazing they renovated and turned it around so quick, just goes to show the confidence in the market here.

Not if the government bring in a three jab rule.

Sprout Saturday, 9 Jul 2022 at 08:25 am new

If you look at the worldwide population of adults who've received 3 shots, I can't see Bali struggling for tourists even if that were implemented.

harrycoopr Saturday, 9 Jul 2022 at 09:52 am new

udo wrote:

https://seminyaktimes.com/direct-flights-from-moscow-to-bali-to-start-s…

Not the people's fault but Ban the bastards... until Pootin pulls his head in

juegasiempre Saturday, 9 Jul 2022 at 10:26 am new

burleigh wrote:

mickseq wrote:

Back in Bali now, three months ago it was starting to heat up, but there were still many places closed or vacant, now though, there is an unbelievable amount of places (old and new) have opened up and are full!. Amazing they renovated and turned it around so quick, just goes to show the confidence in the market here.

Not if the government bring in a three jab rule.

I heard people taking on the beach here about it but regardless, it's chokkas here. They could bring out a 4 shot mandate and that you have to wear a gas mask on the flight and it would still be chokkas I reckon.

My flight over was packed and I think every flight over has been full. They're not hurting for tourists. If you're waiting for them to drop the vaccination requirement, I'd bet you'll be waiting a long time.

indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 Jul 2022 at 10:30 am new

Supafreak wrote:

soggydog wrote:

Just got e mails today, both my flights, to and from Bali have been changed. Same day luckily just later. Hope the domestic flights in Indo don’t get changed.

Mate of mine was on standby for 2 days on his return.

My flight going over from Brisbane with Jetstar was changed from 7.00am to 10.00 am they had 5 different times advertised originally and I think they just try to sell as many seats as possible then bundle everyone onto less flights as possible. Same thing happened with my Lion air flights Bali to Padang , advertised a shit load of different flight times then once I’d picked one it was canceled next day and again 2 days later , luckily I made my connection in Jakarta as only 1 hour between flights and had to go to a different terminal. It’s a con job when they advertise so many flights on the one day ……. Pricks

Same deal with us and many people i know, International and domestic, seems if they don't have full or close flights they are canceling the flight and combining with another, i guess fuel prices are making it harder than ever.

juegasiempre Sunday, 10 Jul 2022 at 03:12 pm new

Has anyone done the east coast beaches in dry season? Worth it? I'm thinking of doing a week there to check it out but don't want to get skunked. I'm aware I'd have to get up and out there before the trades pick up.

burleigh Sunday, 10 Jul 2022 at 03:53 pm new

juegasiempre wrote:

Has anyone done the east coast beaches in dry season? Worth it? I'm thinking of doing a week there to check it out but don't want to get skunked. I'm aware I'd have to get up and out there before the trades pick up.

Of course you should. Get up early, go explore.

mickseq Sunday, 10 Jul 2022 at 03:57 pm new

juegasiempre wrote:

Has anyone done the east coast beaches in dry season? Worth it? I'm thinking of doing a week there to check it out but don't want to get skunked. I'm aware I'd have to get up and out there before the trades pick up.

also make sure the swell and direction is big enough to get in to where you are going, if you go in a busy period, you will see people dotted along the coast in random spots, some spots work better on low than high etc as well

soggydog Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 04:02 pm new

Anybody have a preferred or recommend accommodation close to the beach(short walk) in the bingin or Uluwatu area. Ive got a day to kill on my way home. Criteria is clean, walk to the surf. Reasonably cheap <$150

dandandan Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 04:29 pm new

Ropik's Homestay is decent and cheap-ish, about a 5 minute walk to the top of the big stairs at Ulus.

mickseq Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 06:51 pm new

I like rock n reef next to impossibles, though I haven't stayed there for many years, was a fun experience.

Ray Shirlaw Monday, 11 Jul 2022 at 09:07 pm new

Mamo

john_c Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 10:27 am new

juegasiempre wrote:

Has anyone done the east coast beaches in dry season? Worth it? I'm thinking of doing a week there to check it out but don't want to get skunked. I'm aware I'd have to get up and out there before the trades pick up.

We did Nusa Dua in April and the water quality was really bad, like surfing in a floating tip. Plenty of swell but winds were so so. I'm sure Keramas would be alright as further up.

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 11:39 am new

Personally if i did a wet season id do south west coast sumbawa. plenty of early morning swell magnets but some pollution from the mine facilities...but if you have a 4wd there's spots littered along the south coast but big tiger sharks and no spots offshore in monsoon winds.
Also the roads are so bad you might end up walking home for 8 hours after getting your car or bike bogged in mud.

udo Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 11:45 am new

Hit and Miss wind wise during the dry season
ATM - https://balibelly.com/pages/keramas

Johnc: We did Nusa Dua in April and the water quality was really bad, like surfing in a floating tip. Plenty of swell but winds were so so. I'm sure Keramas would be alright as further up.
What do you mean John ?

juegasiempre Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 11:44 am new

john_c wrote:

juegasiempre wrote:

Has anyone done the east coast beaches in dry season? Worth it? I'm thinking of doing a week there to check it out but don't want to get skunked. I'm aware I'd have to get up and out there before the trades pick up.

We did Nusa Dua in April and the water quality was really bad, like surfing in a floating tip. Plenty of swell but winds were so so. I'm sure Keramas would be alright as further up.

I'm thinking of a week in keramas at this stage. Don't know unless you go and even if it's bad surf, it will be cool to check out more of the island. I've already had the 'surfing in a tip' experience at Legian. Pretty fucking depressing and more so as it gets worse and worse everyday with no solution in the works. It is what it is.

udo Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 11:56 am new

Juega..waste of money paying for a week up there this time of year
Hire a car...self drive ..cheap as ..go cruising around..Keramas is an easy commute from West coast for the Dawny .

goofyfoot Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 11:57 am new

groundswell wrote:

Personally if i did a wet season id do south west coast sumbawa. plenty of early morning swell magnets but some pollution from the mine facilities...but if you have a 4wd there's spots littered along the south coast but big tiger sharks and no spots offshore in monsoon winds.

Also the roads are so bad you might end up walking home for 8 hours after getting your car or bike bogged in mud.

So in saying all that, tell me again why you’d go there?

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:19 pm new

haha cause i know a long righthand epic wave but its trouble getting there and no camps no tourists no villages. But a rough time getting there and no accom so its tent in wet season with a box of dried fish, rice etc. heaps of gt's though so you might catch gt's.

juegasiempre Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:18 pm new

udo wrote:

Juega..waste of money paying for a week up there this time of year

Hire a car...self drive ..cheap as ..go cruising around..Keramas is an easy commute from West coast for the Dawny .

I would but I can't surf pig it. Gotta a missus and toddler so I only get a couple of hours a day to surf. Commuting would eat up too much time. The winds look bad on the forecast but on the ground I'd say some mornings really early, maybe 50% of the time there's no wind or slight northerlies. Definately a gamble, you're
probably right that the surf will suck but it will be good to recon the area. With the AUD in the toilet I might be returning for 6 months and if the boss approves, maybe we stay up that way instead of Sanur.

I'm lucky to have time on my side so even if it's shit all week, it's not the end of the world.

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:22 pm new

If its bali and family orientated i would stay at club med near Nusa Dua....ive mentioned some spots near there before and got rocked so i wont mention them ever again but buy "indo surf lingo," " indonesia and the indian ocean" by periplus stormriders guides.

juegasiempre Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:35 pm new

groundswell wrote:

If its bali and family orientated i would stay at club med near Nusa Dua....ive mentioned some spots near there before and got rocked so i wont mention them ever again but buy "indo surf lingo," " indonesia and the indian ocean" by periplus stormriders guides.

Got the Indo surf and lingo book. I'm a tight arse so everything I've seen around Nusa dua is above my budget. We're here for a long time, not an expensive time.

udo Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:39 pm new

Groundy he is talking about Dry season...
Juega- work on 80% of the time is onshore and ugly at first light..if it is calm very likely to have bad left over wobble on it from previous days wind.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 12:49 pm new

Groundswell….what is it with you and talking up surf spots? You blame the Valium but I dont think that’s the case. Just shut your lips bloke. Are you aware that If there’s somehow still a quiet wave somewhere on the planet you can shut the fuck up about it?

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:19 pm new

Yeah at first i tried to be discreet but got convinced into selling out the place by my first post talking shit about the island and how rough it is and goofy reasonably questioned me on it so i blabbed.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:30 pm new

Why don’t you just shut the fck up? You do it all the time. You’ve got schizophrenia, this doesn’t mean you’re a Simple Jack dmb cnt who forgets that they’re being a flog by blabbing every quiet wave you’ve ever half heard rumours about. Just stop it.

Other than that you seem like a decent bloke. I can’t understand why you continue to try and tell the entire internet about every wave and which conditions they work under.

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login