I love Bali

Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:27 pm new

juegasiempre wrote:

udo wrote:

Juega..waste of money paying for a week up there this time of year

Hire a car...self drive ..cheap as ..go cruising around..Keramas is an easy commute from West coast for the Dawny .

I would but I can't surf pig it. Gotta a missus and toddler so I only get a couple of hours a day to surf. Commuting would eat up too much time. The winds look bad on the forecast but on the ground I'd say some mornings really early, maybe 50% of the time there's no wind or slight northerlies. Definately a gamble, you're

probably right that the surf will suck but it will be good to recon the area. With the AUD in the toilet I might be returning for 6 months and if the boss approves, maybe we stay up that way instead of Sanur.

I'm lucky to have time on my side so even if it's shit all week, it's not the end of the world.

I lived in sanur for a few years and as long as you’re up for the early then you should be right and shouldn’t be to many on it so you may luck in , if not there’s plenty of family oriented things to do up that way . The bird park is worth a visit , really good raptor show and amazing variety of birds that happily sit on ya shoulder or hand . Also the taro elephant resort is good , an Australian and his balinese wife rescued elephants from sumartra and relocated them to this park, the museum is quite good. I’m just not 100% sure if these resorts and parks have reopened yet . It’s a beautiful coastline heading up to and past candi dasa , wet season offers some river mouth waves but the pollution is off the richter. Ear infections are common and a mate got a lung infection after swallowing a bit of foam . 6 weeks in hospital, collapsed lung and couldn’t fly until recovered . Again there’s plenty to see up that coastline besides waves .

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:35 pm new

DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Why don’t you just shut the fck up? You do it all the time. You’ve got schizophrenia, this doesn’t mean you’re a Simple Jack dmb cnt who forgets that they’re being a flog by blabbing every quiet wave you’ve ever half heard rumours about. Just stop it.

OK agreed. ill shut the fuck up about spots...But not many other people who blab about spots like illawarra semi secret spots get rocked...they do it just as often as me..However i realise i fucked up but pretty sure that muddy road will never get tarred or fixed as there's no villages or people for it except fisherman who travel a long way when theres just as many fish close to yoyos. Also the spot isnt offshore in monsoons or trades so i doubt anyone will start a camp there.

juegasiempre Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:49 pm new

udo wrote:

Groundy he is talking about Dry season...

Juega- work on 80% of the time is onshore and ugly at first light..if it is calm very likely to have bad left over wobble on it from previous days wind.

Ok. I think you've convinced me. Gonna stick to the west facing surf and revisit the east coast if I come back.

juegasiempre Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 01:53 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

juegasiempre wrote:
udo wrote:

Juega..waste of money paying for a week up there this time of year

Hire a car...self drive ..cheap as ..go cruising around..Keramas is an easy commute from West coast for the Dawny .

I would but I can't surf pig it. Gotta a missus and toddler so I only get a couple of hours a day to surf. Commuting would eat up too much time. The winds look bad on the forecast but on the ground I'd say some mornings really early, maybe 50% of the time there's no wind or slight northerlies. Definately a gamble, you're

probably right that the surf will suck but it will be good to recon the area. With the AUD in the toilet I might be returning for 6 months and if the boss approves, maybe we stay up that way instead of Sanur.

I'm lucky to have time on my side so even if it's shit all week, it's not the end of the world.

I lived in sanur for a few years and as long as you’re up for the early then you should be right and shouldn’t be to many on it so you may luck in , if not there’s plenty of family oriented things to do up that way . The bird park is worth a visit , really good raptor show and amazing variety of birds that happily sit on ya shoulder or hand . Also the taro elephant resort is good , an Australian and his balinese wife rescued elephants from sumartra and relocated them to this park, the museum is quite good. I’m just not 100% sure if these resorts and parks have reopened yet . It’s a beautiful coastline heading up to and past candi dasa , wet season offers some river mouth waves but the pollution is off the richter. Ear infections are common and a mate got a lung infection after swallowing a bit of foam . 6 weeks in hospital, collapsed lung and couldn’t fly until recovered . Again there’s plenty to see up that coastline besides waves .

Fuck me, that sounds intense. Maybe I might have to look further afield for wet season. How Sanur with the pollution? I imagine it wouldn't be as bad.

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 02:04 pm new

The locals these days at Sanur are pretty heavy tatted out roided out heroes who dont let any un-tough Bule get any waves and often threaten tourists. I wouldnt bother with it.

Supafreak Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 02:23 pm new

groundswell wrote:

The locals these days at Sanur are pretty heavy tatted out roided out heroes who dont let any un-tough Bule get any waves and often threaten tourists. I wouldnt bother with it.

The locals usually paddle out during the best time of day and bule’s are told to go in , Ive known some of these guys since they were kids . Doesn’t matter that I’m married to a local and have a daughter born there . It’s usually for a couple of hours at most, sucks but that’s how it is . There’s plenty of other waves to surf just go looking.

burleigh Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 02:36 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

groundswell wrote:

The locals these days at Sanur are pretty heavy tatted out roided out heroes who dont let any un-tough Bule get any waves and often threaten tourists. I wouldnt bother with it.

The locals usually paddle out during the best time of day and bule’s are told to go in , Ive known some of these guys since they were kids . Doesn’t matter that I’m married to a local and have a daughter born there . It’s usually for a couple of hours at most, sucks but that’s how it is . There’s plenty of other waves to surf just go looking.

Good on em. Plenty of other waves for us to surf on there island.

goofyfoot Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 02:36 pm new

Supafreak wrote:

groundswell wrote:

The locals these days at Sanur are pretty heavy tatted out roided out heroes who dont let any un-tough Bule get any waves and often threaten tourists. I wouldnt bother with it.

The locals usually paddle out during the best time of day and bule’s are told to go in , Ive known some of these guys since they were kids . Doesn’t matter that I’m married to a local and have a daughter born there . It’s usually for a couple of hours at most, sucks but that’s how it is . There’s plenty of other waves to surf just go looking.

That’s pretty full on supa, imagine they did that at ulus too

sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 03:08 pm new

without going into names... there's a few east coast spots where 'the locals' like to tell bule to leave...

definitely can be a different vibe over there, I've often wondered why... the sanur crew often look more bikie gang than surf crew, with an attitude to go with it...

I suspect they're protecting their japanese surfer 'surf guide' model, as much as anything else... which is rather lucrative to say the least...

a model that has unfortunately infested the rest of the island now, a model that was more annoying than anything before... but is just flat out dangerous now, as 'coaches' call and push their kooks into just about anything ...jockeying for position to catch that special instagrammable fleeting second where poo man / poo woman skates across a beautiful patch of blue...

the rest of the time, it's boards and bodies everywhere ...over the falls, bailed out, or just straight man kook style, going more right than left in front of you, at a lefthander...

to duck is often par of the course whilst taking off at some spots... as one almost gets barrelled by a surfboard, of yet another aborted take off that was never ever gonna go well...

I feel for te locals... the money is too good to refuse...

but the shame! ...oh the shame!

sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 02:57 pm new

and, if you're one of the 'coached'

the shame! ...oh the shame!

get some form!

udo Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 03:07 pm new

Not sure how True the Bules Achilles Tendon getting cut with a Machete story is....?
Mouthy Bule told to go in ...played the Tough guy got some Biff and a Machete strike on the beach..

Mask up again
https://thebalisun.com/mask-mandate-returns-to-crowded-outdoor-settings…
Burleigh how's the 7 Day Forecast looking ??

burleigh Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 03:28 pm new

udo wrote:

Not sure how True the Bules Achilles Tendon getting cut with a Machete story is....?

Mouthy Bule told to go in ...played the Tough guy got some Biff and a Machete strike on the beach..

Mask up again

https://thebalisun.com/mask-mandate-returns-to-crowded-outdoor-settings…

Burleigh how's the 7 Day Forecast looking ??

Great forecast for Indo. Shame they are bringing in 3rd jab to travel there, it will rule people out.

makes me laugh about needing a mask again too.

How backwards can you get.

juegasiempre Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 04:03 pm new

God damn! There's a tourism campaign if ever I heard one!

Have you ever wanted to experience surfing in an aquatic landfill? Wonder no longer, get to Bali! If floating rubbish isn't your thing get amongst our world class rivermouths where the pollution is so bad, it can hospitalize you! But that's only after rain and honestly, how often does it rain in the 'wet season'. If you're too tough for our pollution, you'll love testing your toughness against our locals! Where if you're lucky you can get a good view of the pumping Sanur reefs from the channel! No issue if you're willing to pay though. They might even let you catch one for the right price.

Lol, I thought this thread was I love Bali! But in seriousness this is all good info. Thanks for sharing.

sypkan Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 04:22 pm new

every man has his price...

and, you can learn to love it... just keep your head and expectations low...

or book a trip to sumatra

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 04:57 pm new

Bali is cooked juegasiempre. There are still waves around with 5's an easy going crowd in indo you just have to meet a lot of indonesian surfers, fisherman, and ex pats or discover them yourself.
show fisherman or indonesian surfers photos of good barrels or lineups and say "apakah Anda tahu jika ada ombak yang bisa Anda tunjukkan seperti ini?" do you know if you can show me any waves like this near here? Many discoveries were made this way.i suggest you buy "indo surf lingo" lingo section on how to get the pronunciation correct.
Many waves ive found are still going unridden every day as other better or more popular and easier access waves are working on the same conditions.
Im planning on building a small shack in front of my favorite reef but it doesnt handle trades or monsoons but other waves work on the same conditions and its a long way from the nearest town and atm and surf camps so nobody surfs it. Lots of turtles too so it helps with my solo surfing shark paranoia, if turtles are swimming around you know that there are no tiger sharks lurking.

udo Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 05:07 pm new
groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 05:14 pm new

Udo, i got that theory from a Hawaiian guy on a doco who usually surfed with lots of turtles in Hawaii.One day he noticed for some reason no turtles were in the lineup and he lost his arm to a tiger shark. I guess its not completely accurate.

groundswell Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 06:25 pm new

One of my friends secrets was yesterday surfed by Dane Reynolds, but he didnt bring an entourage or camera crew luckily. My mate had only ever surfed it alone until yesterday.Its not desert point so true veterans are often not interested in average by indo standards waves, might look at it and go fuck this im in indo, i want to surf nokanduis etc.

dandandan Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 09:29 pm new

I reckon if a shark had a choice between a turtle and a surfer they'd take the surfer. I've got a soft shell and I'm nowhere near as nimble as these fellas:

juegasiempre Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:07 pm new

Big tide, big waves today. Lots of water moving around. Saw people going nuts over a pod of dolphins. Safe to say they're not from the east coast of Australia.

Hope you all got some good ones. If not looks like another big day on Saturday.

udo Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:26 pm new
goofyfoot Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:28 pm new

Can’t find anything about the $25k covid cover insurance I read was required a while ago. Is it still needed?

goofyfoot Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:30 pm new

udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf744gClH_N/?hl=en

What the fuck did I just watch udo?

udo Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:36 pm new

An Ulu influencer Man...! he he
------------------------------------

Any way here's James Banks and the new bottom contours

Island Bay Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:41 pm new

A modest man...

udo Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:42 pm new

goofyfoot wrote:

Can’t find anything about the $25k covid cover insurance I read was required a while ago. Is it still needed?

Nope..got scrapped
https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/asia/indonesia

goofyfoot Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022 at 01:47 pm new

udo wrote:

goofyfoot wrote:

Can’t find anything about the $25k covid cover insurance I read was required a while ago. Is it still needed?

Nope..got scrapped

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/asia/indonesia

Cheers, I just wasn’t looking in the right places

Supafreak Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 08:11 am new
seaslug Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 01:29 pm new

Foot and mouth disease: Every passenger entering Australia from Indonesia subject to strict screening process

stunet Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 01:43 pm new

seaslug wrote:

Foot and mouth disease: Every passenger entering Australia from Indonesia subject to strict screening process

I came in yesterday and aside from being bombarded by pre-recorded announcements it was the same as ever.

seaslug Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 01:56 pm new

Supposedly from today Stu

seaslug Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 01:56 pm new

Well I hope so

Supafreak Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 02:12 pm new

We declared that we had been on wife’s family farm with cows and pigs. Customs asked to look at our shoes and I told we left the thongs we had been wearing in Bali. He was happy with that and no further inspection was done and thanked us for not bringing them into oz . I was surprised that our clothing wasn’t inspected.

tubeshooter Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 02:55 pm new

Several years ago I declared I had been in a farming area. Even had my thongs ready to hand over to customs. The bloke just glanced at them from across the counter and said "nah ,you're good" and off I went.
I was spewing because it was the only thing I declared and the detour through the declaration clearance point took ages.

GuySmiley Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 04:43 pm new

I had my dirty hiking boots steamed cleaned into oblivion by NZ customs several years back, lifted the soles off them they did all with a friendly smile on their dials.

Robwilliams Friday, 15 Jul 2022 at 08:04 pm new

I really don't want to see foot and mouth disease hit Australia. We don't need it, do the right thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-and-mouth_disease

juegasiempre Saturday, 16 Jul 2022 at 01:57 pm new

Bigger today than the other day. Big waves, beatdowns and hold downs. Lots of water pouring through the beachfront accommodation today with the swell and massive tide.

I wouldn't be looking at beachfront real estate with what I've observed this year in Australia and here.

icandig Saturday, 16 Jul 2022 at 02:22 pm new

seaslug wrote:

Foot and mouth disease: Every passenger entering Australia from Indonesia subject to strict screening process

Came in this morning. Listened to pre recorded warning. Signed a declaration. Came straight through. Not so strict.

GuySmiley Saturday, 16 Jul 2022 at 03:42 pm new

seaslug wrote:

Foot and mouth disease: Every passenger entering Australia from Indonesia subject to strict screening process

Does this mean that @info will be barred from reentering the country? If ever there was someone who constantly has his foot in his mouth it’s our lil buddy…. he he

udo Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 08:44 am new

Solid this morning on the Bukit
https://balibelly.com/pages/uluwatu

happyppl Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 10:05 am new

looks like our ruleing "elite" and their sycophant beauracrats are gunna do another "ruby princess" on us all again re foot and mouth disease.
Govt aware of danger for several weeks and no compulsory disinfecting of shoes or luggage and clothing at entry points, air and seaports.
Wow wow wow truly unfrknblvble, only in oz "the clever country" (remember that 80's jingle?) can this happen, what an embarrasment.
If it takes off here were f#**d and yet it's the same as it ever was in canberra!

seaslug Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 10:48 am new

Being an ex cocky boy, if F&M gets into Australia, it will be absolutely devastating. Mass culling of livestock at least 5km radius from infection site, some are even saying 100km. Export sales gone, live sheep trade gone, mass layoffs in agriculture industry along with all industries associated with it, soaring soaring meat prices, AUD pummelled, could tip us into recession, just a start, the list goes on

seaslug Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 10:49 am new

Along with the Varroa destructor

burleigh Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 11:02 am new

Don’t worry, Pfizer will save the day. I’m sure live stock vaccination is worth much more than human.
Roughly 80% of the world’s antibiotics gets pumped into cattle.

That’s why I don’t eat it.

udo Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 12:44 pm new

Do you eat Seafood Burleigh ?

burleigh Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 12:49 pm new

udo wrote:

Do you eat Seafood Burleigh ?

Nope or dairy.

seeds Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 01:57 pm new

Honey?

seaslug Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 03:46 pm new

Burley eats himself, a self-sustaining organism

udo Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 04:01 pm new

Juega hows the waves today ?

burleigh Sunday, 17 Jul 2022 at 05:12 pm new

seeds wrote:

Honey?

No.

Join the conversation Sign up for free OR Login