More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
@supa
https://travelprotect.au/
I confirmed with them the day before renting the bike via email to have it in writing even though it was in their policy.
You are not legally allowed to ride a scooter in Oz with car license, scooters being defined as above 50cc, yes for mopeds being under or up to 50cc (but not in every state though)
Thanks
Will be re checking that now.
And next insurance policy when taken.
Thanks for the link , not for me but friends that haven’t got oz bike license will be interested .
geez, what a terrible position to find oneself in...
especially the family
from the gofundme
"...The bills are already over $60,000 for a few days in an international hospital and she may not be able to travel for weeks..."
bali's latest spruik is to sell itself as a destination for 'medical tourism', trying to cut in on the healthy little money spinner thailand has created themselves...
I know people that have used thailand as a medical destination, said the service was amazing and the price very cheap / reasonable...
$60k for a few days in a bali hospital?
and this is not the exception...
every time these stories poo up the costs are astronomical, and the service, sub-par to be kind...
I'm surprised insurance companies haven't looked into what is clearly a scam
bali... 'medical tourism destination'
ya dreaming...
to quote AndyM, 'true dat'.
The guy died this arvo.
Condolences......
+1 Really heavy how many die so young out in the Islands.
100% the difference is in the west we get check ups and catch things like a serious condition cancer etc early or try too, but out here you only go to the doctor or hospital once you a really sick many times its then too late, and also the doctors here are completely useless and if the person needs further care they must go to a city and cost is expensive.
Its also just interesting to see how they deal with someone so sick and death, even now his body is still sitting where he died in his bed and people going to view his body, i guess to say goodbye.
They asked me if i wanted to go look but have no interest in doing so and would feel disrespectful doing so as didnt know him.
Absolutely. I learned very early on in my fieldwork to never ask about someone's young children until I've discerned whether they are still alive. So often I'd return to a weaving village in Sumba Timur or in the mountains in Timor and a baby that everyone was celebrating the birth of when I was last there had passed away from something like whooping cough or TB.
Yes again this demonstrates how lucky we are to live in Australia.
Quite a few times have had Indonesian people I know who have died, and if queried how, oh they just died.
Complain about our govt, but where else in the world do they send you out kits once you hit 50 for colon cancer screening.
As a side note, if ya riding a bike in Indo, wear a farken helmet! A proper one!
“ Complain about our govt, but where else in the world do they send you out kits once you hit 50 for colon cancer screening. ”
A mate of mine got divorced last year in Oz and now lives in Bali with a local lady he met over there..
I now get constant texts and memes sent to me about how strict Australia is and how many rules there are and Indo’s wayyyyy better and he’ll never live in Oz again, the women here are all rude pigs etc etc….
I would put my life savings on it though that as soon as he gets sick or injured and needs decent hospital care (hopefully this never happens) he will be straight back on a plane home.
Oz isn’t perfect but it’s pretty damn amazing
Goofyfoot. Hi.
Well said mate.
I despise people who complain about irrelevant things in Oz, they just don’t know how lucky they are.
And don’t get me started on the ones who say they were bored all weekend.
When you opened your eyes for the first time as a baby, unbeknownst at the time you were about to enter a world many others would do anything to be part of.
We should never take this grand country for granted.
Fresh water out of a tap, medical help on call, and a nation that is renowned for helping each other out in times of need , despite personal differences and different countries of origin, when you become Australian, we all ‘deserve a fair go’.AW
Very true!
Lived in Bali best part of 14 years, and it is unreal.
But married now with tin lid and cannot get better than Oz .
I do miss the waves, and other parts of the life there, but being Oz is winning lottery of life.
Hope it works out for ya mate....
That road going into that bend is non stop euro girls on bikes with longboards. No surprise there lol ;)
Yep, and the beach is a conga line of pretty young things in G-strings smiling at the camera before they bend over to attach their leg ropes and then head out for some serious posing and vogueing on their logs. I could live there.
Old Dog , Howdy.
You’ve been watching YouTube. AW
Hi AW, yes, plus I've seen it firsthand, the first thing the ball and chain said when we got there was, now I see why you wanted to spend all morning stuck in traffic to come here. Padang Padang was a bit of an eye opener too. Luckily Viagra is freely available on every street corner. Just kidding, I'm no dirty old man. Like I said to the misses, if a Ferrari or Lambo goes past it's hard not to look, but it doesn't mean I want to drive it. Cheers.
Why wouldn’t you want to drive a Ferrari? I’m calling bullshit
haha yeah, I'm not sure my girlfriend would buy that one old-dog.
She knows damn well if someone threw me the keys to one of those two, I'd be off in a heartbeat.
Actually saw a Ferrari and a Lamborghini in Canguu before Xmas.
Had 6” spare between oncoming traffic lol ;)
Rich Russian kids by the look of them.
https://www.theluxurybali.com/premium-cars/
Very suitable cars for Indo...
Wonder if they ever get out of first gear...
what were those awesome tissue-boxes on wheels that you could hire in the 80s, like a volkswagen/leyland kinda topless jeep..?
These Boneshakers
https://www.bigbalitours.com/tours-package/bali-private-vw-tour.php
yep. cheers. loved those things.
100% good for chucking boards into.
0% monkey and little kid protection.
Anyone been to Lakey lately? What’s the going rate for a car from Bima?
Daughters boyfriend and brother paid 500,000 each last night, they wouldn’t go any lower than $1M, said they would be stuck there all night.
Hope he got stung lol ;)
Suzuki Jimmy
Oops wrong car...
Kjangs ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Type_181. Windscreen folds down
Seen a few of these over the years on nusa penida but never this big. Penida is full on now with so many activities besides diving and snorkeling.
There’s no way I would put my kid on a zip line , only a matter of time before something goes wrong at the bungee jump attraction in same area.
classic bali...
no permits
shut down
how long before penida starts looking like dreamland, with half-arsed, half finished, concrete eyesores littering the landscape?
https://thebalisun.com/tourists-question-safety-of-balis-adventure-acti…
Choppa crash earlier this arvo up at Ulus.Flew into a kite.Watching Kompas news can see the sting/rope wrapped around the base of the the rotor blades.Down it went.Looks ugly.Hearing 3 Aussies on board but regardless prayers for all involved.
Choppa crash earlier this arvo up at Ulus.Flew into a kite.Watching Kompas news can see the sting/rope wrapped around the base of the the rotor blades.Down it went.Looks ugly.Hearing 3 Aussies on board but regardless prayers for all involved.
Sorry about double post,twitchy fingers.
Sorry about double post,twitchy fingers.
Fuck me
far out, that's hectic, they really need to work out what they are doing.
Update,all survived,in hospital,but fuck still heavy
Choppers buzz Lembongan at least 3 times a day , fucking annoying as they come in really low . Lots of kite flying in bali at the moment with the annual august festival coming up , some of those kites are huge . …..edit…. My mistake, it’s July https://lovebali.baliprov.go.id/event/detail/1719208165183/bali-kite-fe…
Geez sounds heavy. Hope all are well.
But how on earth does a chopper get tangled up with a kite over a world class surfbreak? Houston do we not have a problem here?
^^^
bad reporting
the whole bukit is 'uluwatu' now...
thanks to Instagram
(interestingly, local people seem to have dropped the bule beach name uluwatu, and gone back to local traditional one)
it was actually very close to GWK where it takes off (ungassan)
dunno if this is a...
oh no!
or an...
oh yes!
for surf...
local big wig talking it up
it's bali...
so I'm thinking... oh no!!!
https://thebalisun.com/bali-commits-to-building-sea-toll-route-to-reduc…
hey sypkan
I am not sure either , about the Sea Toll .
Getting around Bali , on a scooter , works 4 the locals I saw @ the Bali beachies and for getting to work .
Traffic wasn't too bad locally , but to get anywhere in a car , is a nightmare in Bali and people still do it eg surfers .
All the development I saw , was funded by Javanese !
They have the Big Money and the connections , to build stuff in Bali .
Not the original Locals .
These people love Australians and are very cool .
I heard Australians chatting to locals they had known , 4 decades .
These guys benefit , from the Tourism Bali brings in , but have to work very hard .
The people that work on the beach , start setting up at 6am and finish around 7-9pm .
Every day , rain , hail or shine .
Perhaps a Sea Toll , will bring in more surfers ?
It's the Big Money , from outside of Bali , that get's the Real Cream Money from Bali's tourists .
I will go with what the Local's think , on Sea Tolls .
Just back from Bali, ive been 4 times since the tourist tax has been introduced, never paid once, happy to pay but have no idea where, is it an online thing? Hoping i dont get slugged with multiple bills in the future. Any help with this or do i just continue on in my ignorance?
Sorry can’t help you there, only one of my friends has paid this tax and she did it online . She’s the only person I know of that has paid it . I’ve asked quite a few tourists that stay where I am and none have paid it .Haven’t heard of anyone having to show proof of purchase at so called tourist hot spots . Up to you what you do about it , would be nice if the actual tax was guaranteed to go to maintenance of temples and such . On Lembongan I would like to see a tourist tax of $2 per person and put the money towards fixing the roads , they are atrocious , potholes everywhere. With the amount of tourists dollars flooding into Lembongan the government really needs to do something about it .
You can pay the tax at the Airport in Bali .
There is a Counter in the Customs area , to pay on arrival , I did .
There is ONLY an online Declaration form , when going in to Bali , which surprised me .