More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
These trillions and trillions of investment dollars flooding the US are pretty much the same as the millions and millions and sometimes billions of dollars of corruption and fraud Trump and Musk / doge dribble on about. Just talk and zero evidence or facts. They promote them and repeat them and gullible fools take it as true.
Except it’s not what people voted for.
Indo conveniently fails to mention Jan 26, 2021 when Trump caused the whole thing.
The video from your link on YT instead of X, yes worth a listen .
Ahh ok so, citizens should bend to the will of dictators.....and shut the hell up.
Gotchya.
haha exaccery!! Just wants to post divisive shit. He even said so himself. Doesn't actually believe it, or anything. Silly silly.
Sorry i wrote Oct 6th instead of 26th Jan, im so use to discussing 7th Oct
Tarrif's and DOGE were made very clear before the election.
So when the stock markets recover will we have seen another Covid like wealth transfer. I’ve paid my own Superannuation for years. I’m a bit afraid to look.
Nah they can protest peacefully,
But to suggest just because a minority protest the government bends to their demands is crazy.
Roughly 50% of voters didn't vote for Trump and millions more didnt vote and might not agree, but it's irrelevant Trump got voted in and things like Tarrifs and DOGE are promises he made to the voters.
yep, you're not the only one to point out that burning irony
file it with...
well, a heap of things
the funniest being - in terms of euros and oz - the people that for decades have bagged, belittled, distanced, and wished their decoupling from the big ol' US of A...
now have their wish
and are wigging out hard
be careful what you wish for?
Southern……..dictators aren’t elected in…
….and roadkill ….look it up yourself …don’t be lazy…but to kick you off…..
UAE…1.4 trillion dollars in new factories
Saudis ….600 billion
Hyundai 20 billion for a new factory.
Apple 500 billion to manufacture in the U.S.
Nvidia 100 billion.
open Ai 100 billion
Taiwan semi conductors 100 billion
Johnson and Johnson 100 billion
CMA 20 billion
Eli Lilly 27 billion.
Merck 1 billion
GE aerospace 1 billion
I could go on but you’re getting the idea. …
And why wouldn’t you…20 % max company tax and no tariffs.
Australia take note….
This is the Indo cobweb i was talking about.
To argue with you would be to admit to myself i'm an idiot.
Carry on. And as for Opti.....the brain is well and truly washed.
Hey Opti..... ummm, Ferdinand Marcos would like a word with you......
you know the answer doggy...
ackman as good as laid it out
seen others commenting on buffett's incredible 'luck' in his waiting game
just like neoliberalism, digitisation, 2008, covid, etc etc.
we know the outcome...
choose your crumbs is the option
Indeed..that’s good info.
Some is new investment some is from capex already passed before Trump. Some is sucking up to Trump. Some would have happened if the Dems were still in.
You did give some evidence. It’s interesting to look at those companies you named.
I will do some more reading.
Cheers.
Yo Wax. Hope you are going well with your battle.
I cant believe i missed this obvious point this morning when Stu said a similar thing to me going the other way.
Imagine if five years ago you said in 2025 the left would be pushing for free trade and zero tariffs and trying to destroy one of the worlds biggest EV companies.
Nobody would believe it.
Cobwebs on the outside....and cobwebs in the noggin.
that you Jelly?
Clownworld. Your own amusement park mate.
You’d know Greenroom, you’re the only one choking on the ping pong ball.
I think you’re also choking something else but that’s a bit below the belt !!!!. AW
You mean something like this AW? Thought you'd appreciate this as a Pies fan.
USA USA!! hehe
Thanx Roady. Stage 2 Prostrate Cancer is the Dx. Got results of biopsy 2 days ago. Treatment team wants to implement brachytherapy. Not scheduled yet (one more appt/tests and then...). I'm told there is a 90% 10 year survival rate. I am feeling fine and at work, atm. I am hoping for one tough week when the therapy occurs and that's it. More will be revealed.
Southernraw. Hi pal.
Big Coxy, showing he can highlight talents above his belt, unlike Greenroom who I think is on the shrooms before he or she or it comments. You Es A. .
Hey Bombers, on a bye weekend , of late, that’s as good as a win !!. AW
hehe couldn't agree more AW.
Not all great here. Lost another good mate this week. Pretty fucked but onwards as what other option is there... Cherish those in your life.
Oh yeah, and of course we love the bye weekend in Bomberland! As good as winning a final!!
Hey Waxy, all the best mate. Sending good vibes your way mate.
Lots of optimistic talk about new investment but Nate Silver did some analysis of the stock market moves post 2nd April, he doesn't see a rosy future. Real time responses, not "perhaps maybe" future planning decisions that no doubt were already decided well before the current shemozl.
"if Wall Street is right and we get to the point where Americans are stocking up on booze and cigarettes but avoiding buying new toys or taking their kids to Six Flags — and don’t even dream of upgrading their cars or their homes — and all of this is because of some back-office employee who used ChatGPT to upend the global trade system … look I don’t know what the bottom is in Trump’s approval ratings. But it will be tested in a way it probably never was during the first term. There’s no constituency for this, and the excuses you’re seeing from Silicon Valley are transparent cope. Trump just basically has to hope that Wall Street is wrong, or that the economy, which was pretty good when he took office, has enough gas in the tank to ride it out."
https://open.substack.com/pub/natesilver/p/wall-street-thinks-trumps-ta…
Ditto. Wax24 pal, best wishes for your health in all its capacities. Always ya mate. AW
All the best @wax. Hope all goes well and you’re through it in no time.
Southernraw. Sincere apologies mate, I quickly washed over your previous post, not intentional, I’m multi tasking ( what a joke, I’m a bloke we are shit at that) got the footy on the other screen, swapping between media.
I completely missed the tragic lines of you losing a mate. Can’t be good for his/her family or yourself . Keep strong fella. Life’s very short but we must make it appear as though it’s long. Things to do, places to go (surf trips), people to meet, sites to see. All the best. AW
All the best @wax24, hope all goes well
All the best Waxy, keep us posted mate.
All good AW. I added it as an afterthought cos i hadn't replied to your polite question of how i was. So no fault of yours.
He was a huge energy. I'd imagine a few on here would know him.
A south coast icon.
Cheers AW. Much appreciated words.
sounds shitty @sr, sorry to hear it.
"Life’s very short but we must make it appear as though it’s long".
yep.
Cheers @base.
Yep, which is why we're all mates on here at the end of the day no matter what our motivations. All good folk deep down.
Great line. The illusion of making it longer is in the precious moments.
All the best with your health Waxy....
Condolences SR.....
Stay strong Waxxy. You got this!!
Southern, good memories will pervade.
Hey @ Wax & SR
Sorry to hear about your loss and your diagnosis.
I’ve been using herbs for 30 years for psychoactive purposes, and you find out that nearly all psychoactive herbs have medicinal properties as well, designed by evolution. .
My go to website is herbpathy . com who follow Ayurveda old Indian medicinal practices.
They have a huge database of herbs and diseases. You can also look up many other sites to compare..
I think modern medicine targets the disease while herbal medicine helps the body overcome the disease.
Some countries use pharmaceuticals and conventional treatments, with traditional herbal remedies together in synergy,
Also herbs to help overcome the effects of the different treatments.
Good luck.
Cheers lads.
Always raises more questions than answers......
Seriously believe in the power of positivity and the troops rallying for each other.
Riding with ya Waxy. We all are mate.
Thanx guys. I am at work and getting pulled away. Sorry for your loss Southie. I agree with Seeds on the memories. This'll be a blip, for both of us. Cheers all.
And thanx Jeffy, for the advice. It is appreciated.
Just catching up with some of the personal news happening here.
Sad news @Southern, we lose too many too soon, my mother always said God takes the good ones early (probably why I'll live a long life!).
Oh Waxy, chin up mate, I've known plenty of guys who were diagnosed with that and got through it fine.
Everyone has a journey to take in life and this is just a part of yours. I only wish you the best and send strength and positivity to you across the blue Pacific to our San Franciscan buddy over there confronting this thing, and as an Irish clansman myself, Clann O'Halloran from County Clare on the west coast of Ireland, I send to you the Irish Blessing...
""May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand,"
Good luck Wax24 !!!
Yes, travel well, and be kind to yourselves. Best of luck with the treatment Wax, It can be a tough journey.
Yes no worries Wax ,
The 3 wise men, brought
Frankincense and Myrrh to a new born baby Jesus 2000 years ago because they knew of their medicinal and psychological properties back then.
Cheers
I know theres many that view the Meidas Touch as too extreme...i've kinda changed my views on that. I find it extremely reliable and fact checked material.
Anyhooooooooooo.......that aside, don't shoot the messenger, but check out the size of the crowds protesting this weekend.
Particularly in NYC.
My question to Swellnutters. Tell me a bigger crowd of protesters that have ever gathered in New York City.
There is a monumental movement happening right now.
Don't sleep on it.
If there's an opportunity to take to the streets here, jump on it.
Power to the people.
Best wishes Wax, and I hope it all goes well for you.
Sorry to hear that sr.
And yes, cherish those in your life, past and present, and make the most of every day.
Time passes by far to quickly.
thanks @saltydog.
My mate was in his 60s and still one of the best surfers i've ever seen.
A true spirit of the ocean.
A truly powerful energy. I know he's around still. Profound energy like his doesn't just disappear. He might even add a little spice to all our turns and push us over the ledge when we're hesitatant! That's just the kinda spirit he is.
If ya get the chance get one standing on your head for Mikey! He'd love it.
Waxy - best wishes and good energy for successful treatment and strong recovery. Thinking of you.
SR - sorry to hear of your mate’s passing. Tough times. Reflect on the good memories.
Plenty of people thinking of you both on these forums.
Cheers mate @etarip.
Just a little strawpoll to swellnutters if i may...
How do you see this playing out in 3-6months time?
I'm going to stick with my plays....either there'll be a military coup/hostile takeover because his party pushes the military too far and releases too many secrets, or 2, i think the republican party will eventually see the writing on the wall and realise the only chance of survival is an overthrow. That's inside 6 months, so before the end of the year.
Just my lame opinion.
Others???
Super interested to read how others on here are reading the tea leaves.
Saw a Simpson's meme the other day on how they predict future.
Had Trump dead 12th April 2025 from memory....
Heart attack could be a convenient cause.... ???
Not a healthy human....
25th amendment when it all becomes too apparent to hide and the oligarch powerbrokers have lined up the succession plan.
Before the mid-terms.