More from Wax Off
truebluebasher said: Who requested the most despicable reverse hostile cross national sickly song about world's #1 arsehole!
Think tbb should first warn the…
World Music... oops, I mean, music that is perhaps unfamiliar to western listeners because it's from underrepresented places..61
blackers said: A song fer Sussan.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay…
Tunes8,398
lucky-al said: Likewise, freeride76. Will call in next time I'm down your way.
Botany Nerds Ahoy2,639
seeds
said:
Oh shit yeah, I’ve been there a couple of times. Once on school camp and once as a adult 25 years younger than now.
Show us your photos
2812
seeds
said:
Opti said “Anyone who reads your past comments will easily see why you’re not worth engaging in conversation.”
No numbn
All Things Religion Thread
5463
Optimist
said:
Where I live now is perfect…..but I’ve had better in the past.
Where in AUS would you live in you could take your pick?
17
freeride76
said:
You're always going to run the risk of a big flatty busting you or biting you off on light gear and bait hooks.
I wou
Fishing tips
1149
Supafreak
said:
This guy has broken his back in 2 places plus other injuries but this horrific fall didn’t break his spirit, such a amaz
The MTB Thread
315
sorry, but this was only a 'little-moment' for the politically obsessed and the news-cycle-suckered. You could start a channel called Sky Left, @sypkan, where you bring them bastards to task, fer sure, I'd subscribe!
No-one will give a shit about anything you just said in a few years. It's stoopid Canberra business, and it's dumb, boring shit that will work itself out as best it can, electorates willing. The idea that it necessitates a collateral-damage-trail of things that actually mean something to people... nah... smoke and mirrors, deflection and blaming.
I still remember that feeling of writing YES and smiling with pride, feeling like i was part of history, part of a generation that finally said yes and acknowledging our willingness for our indigenous brothers and sisters to ride alongside us.
The dissapointment and shame i feel now is overwhelming.
Fuck, i can't imagine how they must be feeling.
I started this thread with hope, i leave it with a broken heart.
take heed of you own words, bloke
I am down the coast, based on this post. swell never came, but I got wet.
I had a couple days free, and thought, yep, drive, disconnect to connect.
have to head home tomorrow, and I thank you for the wisdom @southern : )
That's epic @basesix.
Yep my turn now.
Can't wait.
Frothing!!
What you put in you get out :-)
Thanks mate.
Actually it was LNP whom gave to much autonomy they were the ones who got the ball rolling on the USFTH which was done in good will, but when it all came back they realised it was too much and never going to happen and even Turnbull(as left wing as LNP leaders come) rejected it and of course any other LNP leader would also.
Then Labor came in and said we will back it, we will take it to a referendum and then they rushed it through without even draft legislation, you can only assume Labor were over confident due to winning the election and the result of same sex marriage plebasite and Albo blinded by wanting a legacy moment.
The No result wasn't based on racism at all, you thinking that shows how out of touch you are with voters, the No vote was actually based on the complete opposite it was based on people saying, yeah nah sorry that goes against equality we don't want to cement an us and them divide in the constitution.
Disagree if you like, but its irrelevant the majority agree with me and it really does my head in how you people cant understand this, if any group wanted something extra even if they were white like ancestors of colonial settlers, Australia would also reject it, its how we work its part of Australian culture.
BTW, if they had been smart and made it a two part question Voice and Constitutional recognition and right now its very likely we would have Aboriginal Constitutional recognition and if they had been really smart and put the voice in policy first then it would still also be in policy now. (but now even doing this is hard because it would look like they are going against the will of the people, even if most would have no issue of it being in policy only)
Now either might never happen or wont for a very long time, nobody to blame but activist and Labor, both just greedy and well dumb...just lacking any real strategy
Yeah... Na...
The concern troll is still at it
The no vote was largely because many did not give a fuck about Aboriginal Australian’s , never have never will . It was easier to go along with spud “don’t know vote no “ theme as many simply couldn’t be bothered even trying to understand what the ref was about . If you don’t believe racism is alive and thriving in Australia then you’re living under a rock . I’m not saying this applies to all no voters , some had legitimate concerns. I am saying a very large percentage of no voters are basically cunts .
And those lovely people over at Murdoch media had no agenda either!
https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/news-corps-w…
freaky
So u think a very large percentage of Australian's are racist c...s !
I believe racism is natural in humans , US and Barbarian stuff , kids love it .
I don't live near the Rock , or under one ( single now :).
I am in Melbourne .
Seems to me , u don't live , anywhere near here .
Somewhere that sounds , sadly , freaky imho !
There are lots of places in our big country , I haven't been to .
Please come and visit , we are very nice , mostly :) .
A lot of people , from all over this planet , do .
So many like it so much , they stay .
We welcome , everyone .
Always have :)
We , is , now , nearly 4 million people ( quite a large % of Australia ) , and growing , daily .
We love our place , always have ,
Very proud to show it off .
And here he is. showing your true colours now supa. Some no voters are racists sure, but don't put everyone in one basket. Your words create divide. The yes vote lost because it had no substance, they used the same shitty tactics as Covid thinking people as still so fucking stupid.
It backfired.
Agree with you to an extent Burls.
There were a shitload of justifications (as opposed to reasons) why people voted No, and the No campaign certainly mined pretty much every one imaginable.
Racism, whether overt or subconscious, played a significant role but how large we'll never be able to quantify.
I think you're still a bit hung up on Covid, but yeah, there's been a growing distrust of power for some time now, and the whole Covid thing really entrenched it.
This inability as a nation and a society to discuss important issues is a major problem and will only significantly undermine our democratic process and enable bullshit artists, conmen and grifters.
The solution?
Fuck knows.
But it'd have to be profound.
I have given a possible serious solution - Onion Boy !
That's profound , sort of .
Lets , try anything !
I don't trust politicians to sort this out now or in the near future .
EVERYONE I speak to have been discussing these issues intimately over the last months .
All the important issues we could think of , from BOTH sides .
The solution is NOT to do what we are doing now .
It is NOT working .
That is fn obvious to an old bloke who , nearly , can't see .
Set up a real , Once and For ALL , Committee ( and I HATE committees ) .
For three years , give them $450 million ( what the referendum approx cost ) to sort the whole thing out .
Money well spent imo .
Strike while the iron is very hot imo .
Tony Abbott has spent more time IN , and WITH , FNP than any non NT and Old politician .
Years more than I have !
Has clout and a heart as big as Phar Lap imo .
Both sides can't complain , much ( in public haha ) .
He can get Sky to support it , as he now runs the place , sort of .
I reckon , he would do the job , for free .
I believe , he would get it done .
All U guys thinks it's Crazy , but that is the sort on pop I am .
I can't think of any , other solution atm .
I had better try and think of one .
Andy quickly said No , shit , I might be onto something .
If U said Yes Andy I would know it's a bad idea .
The Choice of a Chairman is a decision that has to piss off both sides .
Like most good compromises .
Someone has to Unite ALL Australians on this issue .
I have given my very best suggestion to GET the fn job done , which is not a JOB yet .
I bet U love committees .
Jeez, can you think of a more right-wing, conservative and partisan person?
And you don't trust politicians but you want Abbott to solve our problems?
You're a funny guy.
@burleigh , what makes you think I put everyone in the same basket ? Read the post again.
I’ve worked all over Australia in a wide variety of jobs , I haven’t just been living in the one spot. Australia is nice in some areas and rednecksville in others .
I think I am hilarious Andy ( often have to explain my jokes though ) .
On this issue , I may come across as a bit flippant , but I am deadly serious .
I wrote above in my last comment , I bet U like committees .
Is that , also a funny idea ?
If it is NOT Tony , I have NFI .
May I ask U for a suggestion ?
Will give me someone to cross off my possible list , as am a bit busy .
U have seen a lot of our country , freaky .
I have lived in Melbourne for all but 20 years .
Most of my family live here , to .
Have met Red Necks . Don't know any .
I think city /country .
Going to School in Mullumbimby , I feel a bit of both .
Mate you clearly dont now what a troll is.
Somebody posting opinions or views you dont agree with doesn't make them a troll, actually discussions where everyone agrees get boring pretty quickly.
A troll is somebody that has nothing to add to the conversation or no interest in the conversation and just tries to stir up shit or attacks the person and just throws around pointless abuse instead of having a counter argument
A classic example of troll was Facto hence why he is no longer here, but your comment above is also ironically a troll towards me, you havent added anything to the conversation, you have no interest in the conversation, you just want to diss me, purely because our views dont align.
Ha Ha. That was a very dumbed down analogy Supafreak. But the best and most honest I've seen yet. To that large percentage you refer to, you can call them cunts until the cows come home but that'll hit a dead end at their cranial nerves like most other insightful information.
Andy
Tony was a LNP Leader and PM .
Probably thought of by people as Right Wing .
I don't care if he is from Timbuktu .
As it is not going to be a political issue ( bipartisan ) , it doesn't matter .
Yes , he is conservative , informed , smart and fair . Perfect imo .
Partisan on FNP issues , perfect !!! To get a Yes in a referendum , everyone has to agree .
My guess , if he was asked , what does he really regret about getting sacked by Turdbull , he would say , not being able to TRY and sort out the FNP issue - Once and For All .
At least he was working hard on it , even if U didn't like his ideas .
He was having a CRACK ! I can't expect any more from any person .
Can't remember Tony taking selfies with other world leaders .
Give him the job .
Australia would love to follow him into battle on this issue imo .
We all won't like , all his and the considered opinions , of an eminent and , well chosen , committee .
We are not supposed to !
But they HAVE to decide things for all of us to vote on .
Perfect . Australia will say Yes , very loudly imho .
Both sides will go ballistic , privately .
Cometh the hour , cometh the man .
Comyn can be one of the eight . The Money Man .
My man is for Chairman is TA .
Every committee needs a deciding vote and THIS Chairman has to have guts .
My man has True Grit .
Please , anyone , suggest anyone , else .
Who , can we chose , that accept the responsibility other than Tony .
My only worry is , HE , doesn't think he can do the job .
Book smart maybe. Rhodes Scholar. Absolute imbecile in reality.
"As it is not going to be a political issue ( bipartisan ) , it doesn't matter ."
Shirley you can't be serious.
Someone must hate the idea of another committee , or are we just discussing who could Chair it ???
U think a guy who spent most of his holiday's in the Outback , has an impeccable track record of community service , who lead our country , who is a loyal husband , who was invited to do a Rhodes Scholarship and Passed it and was just invited onto one of the most coveted boards in the world ( FOX ) an imbecile .
Anyone U think is smart , seedy ? I can be a smart arse but that doesn't count .
Maybe , U guys still want to play politics .
Don't like Tony because he was Lib and you didn't like some of the things he did ( I bet I liked the big things ) ? If so , how petty !
That rubs out half of the field .
Edit - getting grumpy .
I don't think many of you are willing to give up enough to get this done .
Just want it your way .
If U thought the referendum we just had , had a Yes campaign U liked and believed it , guess what ?
The Australian people , for whatever reason you Redneck haters believe , DIDN'T .
They thought U were VERY wrong !
Millions of Melbournians .
But , U know U are right ???
If U have not listened and want to play politics with another referendum , if U just want to just argue , if U can't help and offer alternatives ( anyone do constructive criticism here ) , if U can't offer any solutions , I might pop down .
I don't have time to waste .
Seriously! you’ve just red carded yourself proclaiming Uncle Tony is the answer.
Next he’ll be calling for big tony to head up a climate change committee .
Hehe
Seriously Poppycock your generation are the last generation we need to go….to let the change happen.
OMG
Just got back from a spa and sauna ( ground floor , I am on the 12th , a small penthouse , of course :) all nice a relaxed ( there is also a gym but I find weights heavy ) .
I see I have given myself , another fn Red card . Shit .
Could be the 2nd of the day ..
Shit , sometimes I can be hard on myself .
A fn Red Card ??? I must have thought I was about to stuff up big , again :)
I have bad ideas , I haven't even thought of yet , really .
I must have given myself dissent, a huge spray and reckon I went from Yellow , to Red in a
flash of light . Probably a temper tantrum stomp the feet shit .
F Me !.
Oh , well .
Not sure what penalty I now give myself .
I can't plead a first infringement .
Definitely will get some time off for a very early plea .
If I knew I became umpire , I would have immediately pleaded guilty , to myself , for all the trouble I will accidentally cause .
Who made me fn umpire ?
I love football , played football and never umpired .
Can we check a video replay or something , seeds ?
I hate umpires :)
Freaky , who is running our climate change committee .
We sure need one and I would like to know what they are doing .
Head over to the Climate Thread with any solutions on that important topic .
I would love to read them .
Australia's productivity is dropping with higher energy costs contributing .
We don't want our business's to become less competitive than overseas players , do we ?
My lasting memories of Abbott are pictures of him standing under signs stating “Bob Browns Bitch”, “Ditch The Witch”, “Juliar….”.
Then there was Gillard’s Misogyny Speech in Parliament. The whole time he laughed and smirked with his mates on the front bench as Gillard tore strips off him: his back turned on Gillard, the spineless prick did not have the guts to face her.
And he never did shirtfront Putin.
But he did eat an onion.
Overall a contemptible, despicable and vile character.
Too Salty
I have seen much worse signs !!! Sooo many times . Everywhere .
Surprised Tony had time to make them .
If he did , am guessing he would have mentioned the names of the turncoats in NSW and Julia .
They did the BIG deal with her that stole the election , remember .
Isn't Bob Brown the guy who complains about windmills ?
You thought Julia's speech , just for Tony . How cute .
U are giving Julia NO credit .
If it was , fair enough he smiled .
Julia had a good smirk from memory , to .
Julia would say Tony has a lovely family .
Look at her Ex !
She was also looking at her own party and U and I .
I reckon Tony has the guts to face U and talk .
If U wanted to fight , he would look after U, I reckon .
Could U last 3 rounds with him ( as he does that Ultra Marathong crazy stuff ( have U done 1 ? )he could go 15 ) .
U must be interesting to think Tony was meaning he would really knock over another world leader .
WOW
U can't get a figure of speech haha A shirtfront is NOT even allowed on a footy field these days .
Trump said that he was going to SPEAK ( shirtfront ) to an Arab leader .
In their chat the Arab leader was proving difficult .
Trump showed him two pictures of lovely homes , his .
Things then went well .
Salty , U don't teak anyone when U really plan to get them , very silly negating tactic ,
Not one issue , that shows me , he made a small mistake ,
If U can't give me a BIG stuff up , U are very small minded imho and I conclude he did a great job .
As I have said , no big stuff ups and a Politician gets a Big pass from me , whatever the party .
Are U a Dog that loves to fight with lots of mates when U here someone mention Tony's name ?
Can't remember reading U before on this thread , but I forget easily .
Tony Abbott fit to lead??
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Possibly mentally challenged. Godly though
Is pops Sam Newman?
George Pell’s mate? That guy?
Yeah what a champion bloke Tone is
Aww yeahs butt he can fix the bloody (probs should fix that) mate.
Maaaateeeey
Gooffy - Thanks - TA is also not a fair weather friend .
U guys might love all the gossip and shit people write . I don't .
U might like Tall Poppies getting pulled down .
I waited and saw the Judges decision .
Tony was right , again .
He also Stoped The Boats .
Was that bad ?
The job Labor said could NOT be done .
@ Salty, Someone had to say it, and well done, couldn’t agree more.
@ Pops, hey Pops! Sorry just quickly!
BTW, Bob Brown is the guy who has the courage (with a Capital C) to single handily stand up to all and any vested companies who are destroyers of the land, not just in Aust. but the whole world.
His legacy will be seen as a kind and caring individual who is a standalone figure, standing up for the rights of the natural world and its environments with all of the trees, animals, insect world, and the ecology it relies upon INTACT! There is an enormous amount that we can be thankful for to “that guy”.
Forget about self-indulgent Tony Pops, he’s a horrible person!!! Hahaha, just horrible!
Reform
Totally agree that Bob has True Grit .
He was a great role model for so many , especially young people .
I loved it .
He doesn't have enough , now , for the Chairman Role , though !!
U guys have not even mentioned a fn committee is a good idea .
U guys hate Tony . I am not surprised .
All U can point to though is , he was a c..t .
Fellas - sometimes a c..t is the right person to do a really hard job - like Stopping the Boats .
Especially , if U want it done quickly .
Tony has proved he can get a Solution for a problem no one else could do .
A problem that desperately needed fixing fast .
We have another Big Problem that NO ONE has fixed and U guys have no solution for .
He is young and fit enough to do it again .
U have NO one else in mind .
But U guys vote NO .
U guys are like supporters at a football game .
One eyed .
There is good and bad in everyone .
I think he is the guy that helped LNP win the election in 2019?
If he also had his way, way back when, Tasmania right now wouldn't even have hydro electricity which allows it to run 100% carbon free.
He is a classic example of a Greens leader they just dont live in the real world.
I think he is the guy that helped LNP win the election in 2019?
You of course Indo would have that assessment firmly ingrained on that way of thinking. In my opinion..."That" election loss to Bill Shorten was tipped over by the same fear mongers (people) that lost it for the FNP in this referendum, i.e. Is it too far for me to suggest, it was you too, yes?
NIMBY bob brown:
https://www.premier.tas.gov.au/releases/bob_brown_hypocrisy_exposed_aga…
‘ There is good and bad in everyone .’ ;);)
Hahaha, wasn't actually referring to you but...
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Concern_troll
Abbott the brutal bullying opposition leader who outsourced his PMship to Credin wasn’t our worst nor was Morriscum, the worst PM the country has seen is Howard , the unflushable turd - war criminal and domestic neoliberal terrorist.
The small target, emotionally themed, celebrity heavy, vaguely worded question, overpromise etc. campaign created a growing sense of bait and switch for millions. Something was not right.
The post ref lash out by the Yes campaign and sudden talk of treaty just seemed to confirm it to be so
Human nature is to hate being conned, scammed, sold a lemon, misled etc. - no matter what the situation. Buyer regret is real. Most of us never forget the times we were conned or were attempted to be so in some deal.
Proof in point on this forum: Harry Cooper was totally obsessed by the Tampa childen overboard lies from decades ago. Why? Mostly cause it was a purposeful lie to the Australian people with consequence.
Whether the referendum was a genuine bait and switch or not, the Yes strategy created that impression. Perception becomes reality and "No" becomes easy.
It was not a rejection of FNP. It was a rejection of another possible con job hot on the heels of the very misleading covid fear / propoganda campaign. It was tied up in the point Leigh Sales made in her Andrew Ollie Memorial talk that we feel we are misled so often in the news and by leaders, that trust is low. Covid just killed the "just trust us" concept stone dead.
A small target in a bright spotlight does not work in that environment. Albo looked like a deer in the headlights as he dodged and weaved to explain the unexplainable - how a modest request would change the world.
Public are now way more wary than a year ago on the motives of the current FN big talkers. New leaders needed?
“…. Public are now way more wary than a year ago on the motives of the current FN big talkers. New leaders needed?”
Well I certainly hope you aren’t talking about the grifters Price, Mundine and co coz they have never “represented” FNP
The issue is getting results.
Big talkers are often not so good at doing. Noel's track record on results in programs he runs has been patchy and problematic.
In a diverse mix tribe group, all the high profile leaders have factions of support and none could claim to represent much more than that.
Guy Barnett calling Bob Brown a hypocrite. Fuck me I'm going to buy that man a mirror for Christmas!!!
The #grifterprice filling her dilly bag speaking at the Alliance for Responsible Citizenship conference in London FFS, check out the who’s who of that organisation proving beyond doubt who she really represents.
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/racism-transgender-athletes-…
What a vile nasty piece of work she is.
Grassroots campaign from ordinary Australian’s ? https://theklaxon.com.au/white-mans-dark-money-meet-the-bankrollers/