More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
Hey mate it’s really looking great. Awesome work!!
Cool, that makes sense, thanks.
Loving this thread, watching the process from idea to end product. Great work.
That's an unbelievably sexy board tiger, and a cool look into the mind of the craftsman.
Thanks again everyone for the feedback. I'm glad you are all enjoying the nuts and bolts and moving parts involved in putting a board together. For me the whole process is what it's all about. Custom making an aesthetically pleasing board that still retains performance and light weight, that's super durable and will last for many many years. I'm not interested in making boards that are going to end up as landfill in 12 months time.
What do you think of the black rails Tiger? You sounded trepidatious. I love it. Makes the timber shine in my opinion. Great work.
Are you laying extra layer of fibreglass on the rails before final glassing because you’ve used PU for the rails?
ps. I just saw your reel on your instagram. Popped up on T’s insta. That reel gives so much better visuals. The board looks amazing. WOW those channels!!!!!
Bit of a nod from Mitch R too woot woot for you
Yeah the black looks good, I've got it fading over to grey on the underside. Yes I do an extra layer of glass on the rail so there'll be the equivalent of 6/4/4 glass wrapping the rails. I'd link that reel onto this thread but I don't know how, maybe udo could come to the rescue.
Been away for a few days and the board looks magic. I love the black rails, great contrast.
Shout out to i focus- mate, your boards look sick! Beautiful work too you clever buggers.
Cheers Zen, Tiger is the "Master" really 1st class to get the finish this good is difficult.
Tigers work, getting a great board Seeds.
What a masterpiece Tiger, awesome workmanship and a very fortunate Seeds :)
thanks again for letting us be privy to all this, inspiring stuff.
(not gonna flip it on gumtree are you @seeds "as seen on swellnet" ?)
No way, that would break Tiger's heart.
Haha. Yeah “as seen on Swellnet” Endorsed by Mitchell Rae!! (Have a look at the comments on that insta reel) I thought that was a great pat on the back for Tiger.
Blood oath it is Seeds
Thanks guys, and thanks i focus for putting that reel up. And yeah always nice to get some encouraging words from the master.
And then the resin hits the timber.

Boom! It just comes alive. Beautiful.
An incredibly fine piece of craftsmanship,a beautiful creation.
will be interested to see some shots of it being ridden.
I saw a Japanese Style of woodwork where pieces of wood are joined perfectly ( without nails or glue ) which I thought was true craftsmanship .
This is similar and the Board is a Piece of Art ( the shot of the bottom :) !
Australia also had people with a real feel for wood !
So cool , Tiger !
Wow just saw this. The wood grain comes to life. Lovely work mate!
Yeah, wow, incredible work Tiger.
What craftsmanship Tiger, give yourself a big pat on the back along with the rest of the SN crew
Thanks guys. Board is all finished up, I hope Seeds is stoked. I'm v happy how it came out.



Oh My Stars .
Just wow , really !
I want 2 see it go but would feel guilty waxing it .
Go Seedy !!!
That looks bloody awesome mate. I’ll be down to pick it up on the 4th I think at this stage.
Nice work!!
F i l t h y T i g e r.... Beautiful .
haha, great point @Pop. WAXING her up? ...ooof!
"I felt like destroying something beautiful" unnamed narrator
"sometimes you have to do something bad, just to know you're alive" chris in the morning
beautiful creation tiger, make her go seeds.
My gosh- it's beautiful. I'd be torn. As a functional piece of art I'd probably keep it as art and put it on a wall.
But then again, bet it goes sweet.
Enjoy Seeds.
https://gryptalite.com/
Udo that product seems good. Too good to be true maybe. Be good to hear some first hand experiences with it. Aussie supplier on the Goldie.
Yep Scotty @ SJS Customs.
Prob not much Difference to VersaTraction ?
https://balsawoodsurfboardsriley.com/products/versa-traction-clear-deck…
or
https://www.railsaverpro.com.au/product/hexa-traction-2/
They are made to be ridden guys, they can always be displayed bottom side out and yanked off the wall to surf.



Look forward to seeing you soon Seeds, hopefully time it with some decent waves to take it for it's maiden run.
Here's a couple more pics of it.
Really enjoyed showing the process, so people can appreciate the amount of work that goes into knocking one up. Let me know if you'd like to see more builds.
Hell yeah.
Beautiful piece of functional art!
It's a beautiful thing nice work Tiger.
So what do you all want to see next. I'm kinda feeling maybe a step up 6 channel point break slayer, or maybe a performance twin. Or if someone wants to go custom we could document it here.
"maybe a step up 6 channel point break slayer"
I'll vote for that.
I missed this!!
That is a work of art!! Beautiful timber.
Have fun Seeds!!
I'm horny for the 6 channel too Steve. 6'6" six channel step up


Or 6'0" fun twin
I'll take both mate, do you do Afterpay?
You're killing me.
Upvote for six-channel.
Only just saw this now, and speed read/looked my way through the process. Stunning work, Tiger!
Seeds, you're a lucky man.
six channel +1
Though I'm going to have to stay away from this forum to save my wallet from getting any lighter...
Just read through, beautiful work!
A 6 channel would be good but avoided making them myself over fin box placement.
Last board did throw in 5 boxes rear quads sitting in the channel that sloped at around 5 degrees managed to get them flat using 0 degrees boxes.
Mmmmm you've got me thinking I focus. I'm usually a futures guy, but use fcs1 plugs on 6 channels usually for ease of install. I like the idea of the rear 0deg boxes in fcs2, but can you get them in left and right boxes so the mechanism works properly.
Have you seen these Tiger and Ifocus
Hey Udo, they look interesting. Looks like they've still got to be installed on the flat though, don't know how they would go sitting in the channel how I like the side fins to be.
No they (FCS2) only come with the button left side of the box (as far as I know) as the board is for myself will router (bodgey) the rear quad fin if I need to, tried it just pushing the fin in and it was solid as the other option is to just drop the screw in to hold it.
Interesting Udo will have a look at them.