More from Wax On
notadmin
said:
Predator on a mission. https://www.instagram.com/p/DM078olTQ4T/?igsh=MXRobDY0aml1amtuYQ==
Test Format
2
andy-mac
said:
[quote=basesix][quote=sypkan]
:..why the fuck would you come to Indonesia?
I love Bali
3139
Rochko B
said:
I have one in those dimensions; it's my favourite board. Instant connection and super carvy.
~ Spotted ~ Gumtree ~ Ebay ~ Facey ~
1395
truebluebasher
said:
Dedicated to Craig's Miraculous Boardswaps & Leggie Swaps
( Lost'n'Found Forward )
Distant memory Guns that resurfa
Miraculous board retrieval stories
11
Bnkref
said:
Romy has had some absolute gems the past few months. Today’s is exceptional.
I heart WOTD
4674
velocityjohnno
said:
https://www.surfer.com/news/orcas-attack-great-white-sharks-eat-liver-video
Shark Stories
1552
(how's this for your above colour ideas in one stick @seeds?)
https://boardsinthebay.com.au/products/byrning-spears-six-channel-singl…
Yellow and Black ( footy ) , Yellow and Purple ( Mardi Gra ) ???
The soft Blue , reminds me of an old classic wooden boat , line .
I am an old fashioned , softy looking , type bloke .
Not sure how 2 describe Base 6's colour , type , but different .
Pops, something about the xps blue doesn’t do it for me although it makes the timber dazzle.
Basesix I like every bit of that board. I reckon that purple would look good with a black pin stripe border with the timber veneer.
Tiger’s probably reading this thinking stuff this I shouldn’t have asked. Hahaha
I can't wait 2C what does it 4 U Seedy !
All my boards are Orange , Blue ( xps ? ) and White , Vertical stripes ( The Dutch Colours it turned out :) .
With the incredibly beautiful wood work design , all U need is your Frame imho
A really Dark Brown , is now my suggestion ( it won't look shit :) .
( Fins ??) .
Basey 6 , will come up with some MORE different , colour suggestions , I hope , 2 .
Maybe , even a Tiger Sticker ???
Just a thought...Tiger may approve.

Hahaha Blackers god no. You and Pop can go take a jump with ya black and yellow.
It's yellow and black, but fair point, well made.
Haha, always yellow and black, never the other way.
Go tiges
I knew there was a reason I liked you Goofy.
Blackers, tiges supporter since day dot.
Had to wait 32 years to see them win a flag but got pretty spoilt in the following few years.
Hopefully they bounce back a bit this year.
You ever get to a game?
Members for a long time. We moved to Melbourne in 72. Became a supporter then. Year 9 we won the flag then decades of misery. Highlight was the 2017 prelim, lifting the roof off the G, the walk down Bridge Road hard to describe. Did the Punt Road Oval thing for the Granny in 17, and 19. The missus gets to more games than me but I try to get to a couple each season.
Aah, as a descendant of Richmond royalty I feel obliged to chime in here.
Yep, always yellow and black, never the other way round. Anathema.
I am luckily old enough to have seen all the modern golden eras. 1960's and 70's, the 80's Grand Final slaughter of the Pies, got to personally thank KB himself for that one in front of the whole Tiger Army, admin. and playing group onstage at Crown once, and then the 2017 to 2021 golden era.
Dusty Martin in 2017 probably the best season ever played by anyone in the history of the game.
Very jealous Blackers, didn't see those finals in the flesh, but was there in '73, '74 and 1980, and you are so lucky to have been at that 2017 Prelim., amazing sights and sound, 100,000 strong Tiger Army, the sleeping giant awoken after three decades and in full voice. I can remember the commentators on TV saying they'd never seen or heard anything like it. The GF that year I couldn't watch it, got so rattled by the Crow's early goals I switched the sound off and watched most of it through my fingers like a kid watching a horror movie, after 30 years of disappointment and heartache, losing that one would have just about finished me. I think I've watched the replay about fifty times since though.
My brother knows Dusty pretty well, done a bit of work on some of his developments and when he told him about my grandad being in the Tiger Hall of Fame, reckons he opened right up and is actually a really funny and nice guy. He calls him "my mate Dusty" all the time nowadays.
Even @Pops has a Richmond connection, although he's a Demons guy, he somehow wangled his way into a group of ex Tiger players that meet for a drink regularly at a pub in Melbourne. He keeps ringing me saying "Balmy said this" or retelling some of their stories.
Just a great football club with a great history and no contest the best theme song in the league.
So Goofy and Blackers, you both get my gold card. No fee.
Did you know @Indo is a Pies supporter?
Quelle surprise?
Watching Dusty in full flight is an incredible sight Adam isn’t it.
Seems like he’s really pulled his head in, although was he ever behaving that different to any other teenager/young man in that time of their life?
It must be a real juggling act growing up in the spotlight like that.
Can’t imagine the having the general public knowing half the stupid shit I’ve done.
Edit. Sorry just realised what thread this is.
Let’s get back on track.
Finally got it wet today. Very happy. Only problem was the goon riding it but when I got it together on a few it felt good.

OOoohhhhh!! now she looks happy.
I've rough skinned the 6'7". Got EPS and PU foam from a new supplier so I've got to try them out first before doing Seeds' assym. I'm super happy with the EPS core foam, it's behaving itself very nicely.


Some more timber creativity. Looks good that design.
These new EPS blanks? Just a new supplier or is the composition different in some way?
You still have time to make the next swell in indo , go on seeds you know you want too . Oh dam just remembered it’s school holidays and air fares are probably a house deposit . It’s going to be interesting to see how many families make it here these holidays as house budgets tighten up . Bumped into a family of 5 sailing continuously around the world, oldest kid looked about 13 , they had every type of watercraft in their quiver . A really happy family living the dream and have been sailing now for 5 years, such a good vibe around them, what a lifestyle to grow up in .
Sounds like a magic upbringing. Can’t imagine it.
I’m still in limbo Supa but things are progressing.
Good onya cobber
In regards to the EPS core foam. I'd run out of my previous supply, which I had for many years. I bought 2 new slabs 2400mm X 1200mm X 600mm, which I Hotwire foils/blanks as needed.

It's regular SL grade EPS, but has been really stable and user friendly in production so far. I also got sheet form PU foam, so it is more how that goes as rail material that I'm trialling.
Hey Tiger show us a pic of this hot wire tool. Got any vids of it in action?
It's a pretty simple thing. I've got a very rudimentary setup. I just attach a 12v battery charger to the wire on each side. It cuts pretty slow, but I'm only using it every now and then. I've been meaning to upgrade it, but it does the desired job.

Looks like a torture device.
Do you cut the front to back foil with it? If so how do you keep it equal side to side?
Also is that shed where you keep the bodies of your hot wire victims?
Like this

And yeah, it also comes in handy as a beheading device. A hot garrote if you will.
Simplicity is a beautiful thing. Nice!
Attached the new PU foam as rails. Not sure whether I should spray the rails, or leave them natural. It doesn't have the whitening agents they add in with it when making blanks, so it's a charming shade of old surfboard. Any suggestions?



I think the colour of the PU suits nicely now. What will it look like in a couple of years? Will it yellow?
I think it will age nicely, beige up
Sweet looking boards Tiger.
Thanks batfink. Going with the au naturel on the rails. I actually like the light off white, how it contrasts to the rich cedar colours.

Good choice Tiger.....whats the dims ?
6'7" X 21" X 2 11/16"
Yeah rail colour looks great IMHO , tail looks really good what is the width?
How’d those rails pull up after the glass cured Tiger?
Hey I focus tail dims at 12" is 15". And happy with the PU foam Seeds. It's the same density as standard surfboard PU @ 35kg/m3. Will wait until I've totally finished glassing it. But looks the goods at this stage.
I'm embracing the beige rail.


Tiger
I love the Rail , that perfectly frames the board ( including tail rail ) and lets the wood shine .
It a Bloody work of Australian Art !
Damn, that looks sweet.
Cheers mate, hmmm those rails... I was going to do a few PU's (yeah the dark side) now thinking PU rails haha and still throw in a single rail under the skin.
Wish I had access to reasonably priced western cedar over here in WA.
Board looks smokingly hot.
That tail block eh (great work).
Embrace the beige, sometimes it pays to take a walk on the mild side. It is a beautiful thing tiger. Love how they shine when wet out.
Thanks everyone. I got really lucky with the cedar, happened across it at a deceased estate garage sale. Got quite a bit of it, but it'll run out eventually and it will be near impossible to source more.
And yes blackers, it never ceases to amaze me as the different patterns and grains in the cedar pop when the resin hits them.
You're killing me here Tiger.
Better pounce on it before I ride it Steve. Put you out of your misery.
Yes, I think you’ve found a rail foam that matches perfectly. Lucky stars.
Oh My Stars , I have NEVER seen a Big M , look SO bloody good .
Seems like it looks BETTER this morning and cured a bit more , O/N :)))
I really would have trouble waxing , The Tiger Creation .
Can't wait 2C it GO !
You're a wizard Tiger.
For the record- I love the beige rails.
3rd surf today on Tiger’s board. Better waves. Got a couple of bombs in the 4-5’ range where I popped nicely and feet landed in the right spot and then had some face to work with. The thing is a speed machine. Bit twitchy on the turns with the upright fins but I’m sure I’ll get used to that as the comeback continues or I could throw some more keel like fins in to tame the beast.
Noice!
Good to read seeds , may the comeback have you frothing like a grommet .
Good work seeds, enjoy it. These are the fins I mentioned previously. Reckon they will go sweet in that board. Give you a bit more grip on the turns.
https://needessentials.com/products/torren-martyn-hand-foiled-upright-k…